Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
shaymen down under

Half Price Entry Vs Yeovil

Recommended Posts

I think it will put many on the gate! People are noticing our good start.

Many Town fans are already paying £8 a game so why reduce the price to all for £10?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Redcard said:

Won’t put any more than 20 on the gate. A tenner for everybody would put hundreds on the gate.

Last season about 100 took up the offer

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Redcard said:

Won’t put any more than 20 on the gate. A tenner for everybody would put hundreds on the gate.

20 more than we’d get anyway? £10 wouldn’t attract many more than £20 with our current form. Do you really believe we’d get 3,000 if it was £10 for everyone? (Based on 1,000 walk up at £20)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Luke said:

20 more than we’d get anyway? £10 wouldn’t attract many more than £20 with our current form. Do you really believe we’d get 3,000 if it was £10 for everyone? (Based on 1,000 walk up at £20)

But some might give it a go for a tenner who wouldn’t anyway and may well enjoy what they see and come back when their team are away.

Worth a go IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have another 1,000 or so potential regulars who won’t buy a discounted season ticket or pay £20 on the gate every game. It’s the walk-in price that needs reducing and all of us with a season ticket paying less than £9 a game won’t mind seeing a few quid knocked off the admission price which hopefully  brings more fans in without hitting the club financially. If we do win promotion and hike season ticket prices and charge £25 admission we would be the worst supported club in the league. We are not the most affluent area, have bigger clubs all around us and need to be cheap to attract support.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, shaymandownsouff said:

But some might give it a go for a tenner who wouldn’t anyway and may well enjoy what they see and come back when their team are away.

Worth a go IMO

But at £10 instead of £20, we’d need to attract an extra 1,000 people just to earn the same amount from walk ups as we did vs Hartlepool (circa 1000 people paid on the day). Do you think it is possible to double that and make it worthwhile dropping the price to a tenner? Or while we are doing well, shouldn’t we keep it at £20 and get as much in the coffers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, born to moan said:

Do we really want Huddersfield Town supporters, supporting us. They haven't watched a team in blue win on a Saturday afternoon for 2 years. We don't want jinxing.

Plenty HTAFC fans watch FCHT when fixtures allow; some have season tickets/cards at both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Rambo said:

Plenty HTAFC fans watch FCHT when fixtures allow; some have season tickets/cards at both.

Your heart can only be in one place Rambo. I would have thought listening to Stanley Oates would have taught you that. Lightcliffe through and through even if Brighouse were winning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2019 at 7:03 PM, Redcard said:

We have another 1,000 or so potential regulars who won’t buy a discounted season ticket or pay £20 on the gate every game. It’s the walk-in price that needs reducing and all of us with a season ticket paying less than £9 a game won’t mind seeing a few quid knocked off the admission price which hopefully  brings more fans in without hitting the club financially. If we do win promotion and hike season ticket prices and charge £25 admission we would be the worst supported club in the league. We are not the most affluent area, have bigger clubs all around us and need to be cheap to attract support.

Do we really? Were top of the league and they wont come and watch us so they cant be that bothered. Were not a charity and cant afford to let everyone in for £10 because if we did it would require those 1,000 (if indeed they exist) just to cover the cost of the discount.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just been reading through the 17 page Pete Wild thread on the Oldham forum.  A few of their fans came over for our Fylde game and one of those posted about our half price offer so may see a number of Latics on Saturday as Oldham at Plymouth.

Edited by shaykehands
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...