Sign in to follow this  
shayalive

How many Town fans on Tuesday night?

1 minute ago, halifaxmark said:

What a night that was and what a goal. Was right in line with the way the ball was travelling towards that top corner, could tell it was in as soon as left his foot. Never seen a replay of that goal anywhere.

Neither have I. Would love to see it again. 

1 hour ago, greygoose said:

Your examples are 21 & 15 years ago respectively.

More recently we had 303 at Wrexham so i would think another 100-200 on top of that will be about right.

Probably me getting a bit giddy with the fantastic start , it's the timing , we are winning , it's still favourable weather , Chesterfield is one of only handful of awaydays which is not that far , only just over an hour if traffic permits.

Maybe if it was a Saturday 700 might travel , we'll see , I do think our % of away following compared to home gates is as good as anyone in this league .

1 minute ago, Jmc said:

Be surprised if we manage 500 tbh , notts county away will be a big one for certain 

Chesterfield isn’t far, the team are doing wonders and we’ve just had a great result and start to the season. The team deserve 500+ if any less it’s pretty poor to be honest. 

Beat chesterfield and draw or beat Yeovil could possibly see 700+ go to Notts. 

Be a good turnout for both eitherway

Edited by TJAshton

2 minutes ago, Jmc said:

Definitely over 500 if chesterfield was on Saturday can only see another 100 or so on top of Wrexham’s following 

Should be more

10 minutes ago, olitheshayman said:

Only big enjoyable away day at the end of this season is Hartlepool on Saturday March 21st.

We play Fylde on Easter Monday but mehhh.

Fyldes always a good away day and will be good if we have something to play for this time 

To me their ground is located in the middle of nothing, it's open and airy and their ticket system is stupid. The fans offer no antagonism to get us going whatsoever, and I only enjoy beating Fylde for beating their moneybags owner. Still, if we are in the mix at that time it won't matter, we'll go ballistic anyroad.

21 hours ago, monk said:

Blackpool in a non glamourous cup game can't remember what it was possibly LDV , where they had to allocate us more room than anticipated . Maybe it was a day out in Blackpool that was more attractive than the game .

January 2004 LDV Vans Northern Area Semi Final (the 'Quarter Final' of the competition). 

Lost 3-2, had we won the Area Final was Hillsborough and Sheff Weds away! 

5 minutes ago, Shaymen Stats said:

January 2004 LDV Vans Northern Area Semi Final (the 'Quarter Final' of the competition). 

Lost 3-2, had we won the Area Final was Hillsborough and Sheff Weds away! 

927 town fans on a Monday night were treated to val Owen scoring was his arse.

Edited by shaymen down under
  • Haha 1

Remember it well. Blackpool was a ghost town any only 1 section of the old golf stand was open, every 10 minutes a new section had to be opened as the Town fans flooded in and were applauded by the Blackpool fans.

2 hours ago, Ash said:

Remember it well. Blackpool was a ghost town any only 1 section of the old golf stand was open, every 10 minutes a new section had to be opened as the Town fans flooded in and were applauded by the Blackpool fans.

This was my first ever Town game! Seem to remember behind the goal was a building site ,and the away end had a layer of sand on the floor. The start of my Shaymen infatuation! Haha.

Enjoy your trip - we are in shocking form, with confidence at an all time low - it will be a record low for home fans since we left Saltergate. Glad you guys are bringing over a few to keep the crowd up. 

Thanks Mark

to be honest most folk expected you lot to be top 5 this Season....

Still plenty of time yet, keep the faith

Dire game last season, reckon it should be much more interesting this time round

3 points for the Shaymen, before all goes well for you ;)

Edited by Grayski