Sign in to follow this  
Richmond96

Brown’s hamstring

If it’s a slight hamstring injury, he’ll probably be out for 4-6 weeks. We need a loan signing (centre half or defensive midfielder) ASAP. If PW brings one in before Tuesday’s game I’ll be getting really excited. I know money’s tight but if ever the Board had to stretch the budget, it’s now. Fancy us to beat Chesterfield on Tues if we get a loan signing in. Hopefully Cameron King will be back firing on all cylinders on Tuesday. 

5 minutes ago, Richmond96 said:

If it’s a slight hamstring injury, he’ll probably be out for 4-6 weeks. We need a loan signing (centre half or defensive midfielder) ASAP. If PW brings one in before Tuesday’s game I’ll be getting really excited. I know money’s tight but if ever the Board had to stretch the budget, it’s now. Fancy us to beat Chesterfield on Tues if we get a loan signing in. Hopefully Cameron King will be back firing on all cylinders on Tuesday. 

Agree we urgently need a CDM or a centre half urgently now. Brown clearly won’t be ready for Tuesday and atleast a couple of weeks if it’s a slight hamstring injury. 

Gotta go get a player in before Tuesday now

Need cover that’s all. Josh Staunton is a perfect replacement for Brown. Covered admirably for the odd occasion Clarke didn’t get the header.

Wouldnt want to throw a Newby in who isn’t up to the tempo and standard of our play.

1 minute ago, shaymenRup said:

Need cover that’s all. Josh Staunton is a perfect replacement for Brown. Covered admirably for the odd occasion Clarke didn’t get the header.

Wouldnt want to throw a Newby in who isn’t up to the tempo and standard of our play.

Well then it’s a CDM we need then.

1 minute ago, shaymenRup said:

I think Earing could do that job.

No chance. Too lightweight and needs to be further up field. 

Nolan and a loan signing it will have to be. 

Cover should beholding mid-field 

Staunton and Clarke know each other so they make a natural centre back pairing 

Not sure in our squad who can play holding midfield.. so we need to bring in some one there... 

nick 

1 minute ago, Nick said:

Cover should beholding mid-field 

Staunton and Clarke know each other so they make a natural centre back pairing 

Not sure in our squad who can play holding midfield.. so we need to bring in some one there... 

nick 

Agree it would be a CDM we need

1 minute ago, Shay said:

Massive worry. Looked very shaky at the back when he went off. He wins everything! 

The trouble was when Brown got injured they also scored which really set us back, but we re-grouped well and held on.

Might be a bit risky but why not try Hanson in there, he can defend and would add pace both going forward and back?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LeedsShaymen said:

The trouble was when Brown got injured they also scored which really set us back, but we re-grouped well and held on.

Might be a bit risky but why not try Hanson in there, he can defend and would add pace both going forward and back?

Why not. I prefer Staunton in the middle rather than the back 

18 minutes ago, Shay said:

Why not. I prefer Staunton in the middle rather than the back 

How do you know Staunton has literally had no game time in his more natural CB position? 

Just now, wrighty130 said:

How do you know Staunton has literally had no game time in his more natural CB position? 

He played there last season didn’t he? He was exceptional in the middle of the park today. 

6 minutes ago, wrighty130 said:

Well maybe if that’s his natural position, he needs more game time there ;)

5 minutes ago, Shay said:

He played there last season didn’t he? He was exceptional in the middle of the park today. 

He has been all season. His long range passes have been sublime. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Shay said:

Massive worry. Looked very shaky at the back when he went off. He wins everything! 

Totally agree Shay, and conceding the goal as he got injured really threw the boys. Held on admirably though and that's a really good sign, sometimes you just have to tough it out. But at this moment I think the problem with Browny getting injured is unfortunately highlighting the fact that we are a little light on cover in certain areas. Prior to Brownys injury we had a strong (ish) bench but it is very attack minded. Cover needed quickly. And I'm really happy at the moment with MacAlinden, 5 in 7. That's proper striker stats. Long may it continue. Come on Town

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, LeedsShaymen said:

Would put hanson at rightback and duckworth as a holding midfielder 

10 minutes ago, choppiebinkie said:

Would put hanson at rightback and duckworth as a holding midfielder 

Interesting thought 

Edited by Nick

I thought things were going too well. Two big defensive players potentially out for over a month is obviously a big blow. Despite his it does give other players a chance.

We need Cameron back in their and I'd give Earing a try and Jeff alongside him. We will need Staunton at centre half so things are tight.

As others have said we do need some cover in. Not panic stations yet but I'm sure PW will have a few potential short term replacements in mind.

Get well soon Browny and Maher we need you lads.

UTS

Jacob Hanson is one hell of a player, we signed him full time last year and shortly after he was out of favour. Something obviously happened behind closed doors we don't know about. Who cares this is a new season. Get him involved, sitting in front of the back four he would do a job. Far better player than Maher give him a try Mr Wild I'm always right.

Just now, born to moan said:

Jacob Hanson is one hell of a player, we signed him full time last year and shortly after he was out of favour. Something obviously happened behind closed doors we don't know about. Who cares this is a new season. Get him involved, sitting in front of the back four he would do a job. Far better player than Maher give him a try Mr Wild I'm always right.

Not the answer. Ducky possibly could do the job with Hanson at right back 

1 minute ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Not the answer. Ducky possibly could do the job with Hanson at right back 

Can't argue with that, both are quality players. Either way both of them in I'm happy.

Leave Duckworth were he is, we just lost 1 defender from a very solid back four and people want to move another? Bizarre. Hanson in midfield? Give over

Browns a massive loss though, biggest loss possible to this side imo.

5 minutes ago, greygoose said:

Leave Duckworth were he is, we just lost 1 defender from a very solid back four and people want to move another? Bizarre. Hanson in midfield? Give over

Browns a massive loss though, biggest loss possible to this side imo.

Not wanting Ducky to play there just saying in my opinion he would be a better option than Hanson. Leave Earing in there for Tuesday, what's the point in having him if he isn't going to play when we have injuries