Jump to content

Town v Solihull


Erik Everhard

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, Greggs said:

Nice to see we got completely blanked on the goals show again, more interested in talking about Solihull. Gets on my tits that we never get the credit we should 

They won't in a few weeks when they realise that we are the real deal

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Shayite 432 said:

But don't forget we will still have to suffer at least one on here gleefully informing us in Jan/Feb that we have 50 points and have avoided relegation. Yay!!!

Like we will go pieces and be in a relegation scrap.

A prize for the first Dingbat to post...

PW talked yesterday of needing another 31 points. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Shayite 432 said:

But don't forget we will still have to suffer at least one on here gleefully informing us in Jan/Feb that we have 50 points and have avoided relegation. Yay!!!

Like we will go pieces and be in a relegation scrap.

A prize for the first Dingbat to post...

you win that prize Shayite :):P

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Shayite 432 said:

But don't forget we will still have to suffer at least one on here gleefully informing us in Jan/Feb that we have 50 points and have avoided relegation. Yay!!!

Like we will go pieces and be in a relegation scrap.

A prize for the first Dingbat to post...

I promise I won't let you down on that one, Shayite! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

 As I say every season Big Sam is worth 15 points to us.

How often do we have to say it Steve, Best Goalie in our league by a country mile. Highlights on BT show how poor some are. Too many act as sweeper & get caught out easily. Big Sam reads a game much better & usually only comes out when needed. His early ball up to Tobi was the making of our goal. Clarke went straight to him after we scored to acknowledge his assist.

20 clean sheets last season, don't expect anywhere near that this season as we are attacking more. But 8 games in 6 goals conceded says it all for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Macam blue said:

How often do we have to say it Steve, Best Goalie in our league by a country mile. Highlights on BT show how poor some are. Too many act as sweeper & get caught out easily. Big Sam reads a game much better & usually only comes out when needed. His early ball up to Tobi was the making of our goal. Clarke went straight to him after we scored to acknowledge his assist.

20 clean sheets last season, don't expect anywhere near that this season as we are attacking more. But 8 games in 6 goals conceded says it all for me.

Big Sam made the first goal. Saw TSS in space and made a perfect ball to him. TSS made a brilliant touch and the rest is history. Absolute class as was his save later in the match, his communication and marshalling of his area.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Blueblood said:

You never know , the ingredients in the mix are looking good.

I said to me mate, i got the same feeling as when we won the league and i have not had that same feeling again until now. I have high hopes i  really do of being champions come may i just honestly have that feeling again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Ash said:

Matty Browns injury is key for me and getting Nail Maher back. We need a lot of luck with injuries and suspensions to win the league and that’s before anything on the pitch.

That true of every team that gets promotion..they largely have injury free season 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ysb said:

I said to me mate, i got the same feeling as when we won the league and i have not had that same feeling again until now. I have high hopes i  really do of being champions come may i just honestly have that feeling again.

I feel quite confident about this season too,  the squad looks good we have a decent bench,   my main concern is binnon  Williams he seems to switch off now and again but if we c keep performing as we are we won’t be far off come the end of season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Blueblood said:

I feel quite confident about this season too,  the squad looks good we have a decent bench,   my main concern is binnon  Williams he seems to switch off now and again but if we c keep performing as we are we won’t be far off come the end of season.

To concentrate fully and play for 90mins is a tough ask at our level, Williams is probably no better or worse than 90% in the National League.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Roy Race said:

To concentrate fully and play for 90mins is a tough ask at our level, Williams is probably no better or worse than 90% in the National League.

Yes your right Roy in what you say , I think it just seems to stand out more with bin on Williams .

Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting listening to Tim Flowers' reaction,  know it has been mentioned elsewhere. Clearly much more balanced than Challinor last week but a comment in there that attracted my attention was around how Solihull have some better quality players this year and how less capable teams are beating them despite their quality. I saw this on Saturday and have seen it countless times in football.   They did have a few who were clearly class acts, but perhaps don't have the biggest of hearts. 

That for me sums up this team, we have a bunch of very average players, nowhere near the level of some more moneyed clubs, with probably one of the best keepers in the league and the best captain.  However, get them to work as a never say die style unit and that average capability is turned into something that can always have a chance of winning.  Because we are working as that type of unit, it's no surprise the goals are coming from everywhere.  Also that means our threats come from all angles, not just the big 20 goals a season man who does a predictable job up front.  

We don't have any obvious gaps, I disagree that this player is a weak link or that players isn't quite good enough, they all meet the standard we need.  As ever the depth of our squad and the amount of cash we have to cover injuries to key players is going to define our season as much as anything else is.  At the moment this is a bit like watching a Wilder team but with flair. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...