Erik Everhard

Town v Solihull

Just a big long ball team solihull, nothing special in this league at all. Big result. Looked comfortable at 2 0 and king should have put us 3 up. King had s chance to wrap it up later but chose to square it?! Nothing really to complain about. Big away following Tuesday night

4 minutes ago, Che Bentos said:

McAlinden jis now the league's joint top scorer. Brown seemed to have ice on his groin on the bench. Very nervy after he went off. 

Brown was really angry. Get the impression from where the ice was placed that he might have pulled his hamstring. Walking okay at the end, but he won’t be rushed back from that. Maybe a similar Maher lay off. (Could be wrong I’m no doctor)

If he’s going to go out a few weeks we need cover as we’ve no one left if Clarkey or Staunton get injured.

Just have to hope that Brown's injury isn't too serious, as whilst Staunton slotted in just fine at the back we've got absolutely no one to play that defensive midfield role now, and without that I felt we suffered. Could be worth looking at bringing someone in on a month's loan?

Edited by Lewis

13 minutes ago, Lewis said:

Just have to hope that Brown's injury isn't too serious, as whilst Staunton slotted in just fine at the back we've got absolutely no one to play that defensive midfield role now, and without that I felt we suffered. Could be worth looking at bringing someone in on a month's loan?

Josh going to centre back had a  big impact on the game 

Can see McAlinden isn't a no10 naturally but my god he put in a great effort , he has an eye for a goal could have had 5 really , great to see a United squad and a positive manager , a bit more quality on the passing and we have a fantastic chance.

13 minutes ago, Lewis said:

Disagree with midfield role. Jack Earing can do a job there and did. That is the Beauty of this side.

Wild set the team up perfectly today. Link up play between Tobi and McAlinden was absolutely delightful. Cameron King would have been fouled to death on that pitch today particularly with that referee. Jeff King was stronger and had a brilliant game. Can see Cam back for Chesterfield and would like to see Earing given a start. Earing has done nothing wrong and deserves his chance. A freshened up midfield will help after a game like today it will have taken a lot out of the players.

Don’t need to upset this side yet with an unneeded loan signing that would kick someone who deserves a chance off the bench, but do need some defensive cover. We only have Hanson and I’m not sure if Ducky or Jerome could cover CB if required.

• Like 2

Dug in well for a big win against probably the best team we have faced this season so far. Deserved win too.

The first goal - cracking vision from Sam to quickly release the ball down the field, but oh my, what a touch by TSS. For those not at the game, wait until you see how clever his play was that led to the opening goal. 

Downside is losing Brown, I hope he isnt out for long. Clarke immense and Staunton looked good alongside him for the last half hour. 

Got to have full confidence of getting another win on Tuesday against a struggling Chesterfield. Take each game as it comes, lets not get carried away, however this team is playing some really good stuff and are where they are in the table on merit. A big win today. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Buddy said:

Can see McAlinden isn't a no10 naturally but my god he put in a great effort , he has an eye for a goal could have had 5 really , great to see a United squad and a positive manager , a bit more quality on the passing and we have a fantastic chance.

Second home game he has taken the ball on the edge of the box and put it across the keeper into the bottom of the net. Not blasting it, but calmly placing out of reach of the keeper each time. He's got superb pace, vision and composure and looks a really good find. 

• Like 1

What a time to be alive. Let’s hope we carry on over achieving. To say this is supposedly a crap level of football according some. That was awesome 

Edited by Shay

Just looked 6 points clear of 8th after 8 games, the team played well today, had we gone 3-0 up god knows what the score could have been, they are among the favourites to go up and we beat them and it could have been comfortably. Again all the team played well, Clarke was immense after Brown went off. We dug in and battled away and got a deserved win and this team is getting better as each week passes, let’s not forget how long they’ve had together so hats off to them. Things are still looking good, over 2000 crowd as well happy days. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Pete Wild is such a lovely guy and a great manager also but this is what he has said in the interview 

“The fans are great," said Wild. "I had a word with the drummer before the game who told me the drum had broke, so I said 'get me the bill and I'll pay it for you'.

"Things like that are massive, and we've got to keep that and encourage fans to keep coming down, keep being patient with us, and hopefully the fans can keep producing on the pitch for them.

What a Gesture!

Wow. Well done Pete wild as you say  nice gesture,  by the way anyone know where the flags have gone  ? Only one up today and I think one last week.

32 minutes ago, Flea said:

Dug in well for a big win against probably the best team we have faced this season so far. Deserved win too.

The first goal - cracking vision from Sam to quickly release the ball down the field, but oh my, what a touch by TSS. For those not at the game, wait until you see how clever his play was that led to the opening goal. 

Downside is losing Brown, I hope he isnt out for long. Clarke immense and Staunton looked good alongside him for the last half hour. 

Got to have full confidence of getting another win on Tuesday against a struggling Chesterfield. Take each game as it comes, lets not get carried away, however this team is playing some really good stuff and are where they are in the table on merit. A big win today. 

lets not get carried away,I say  do get carried away fella,we are where we are and deserve to be where we are because we have earned that position and respect, we were the underdogs pre season and no one gave this club any bloody chance whatsoever,all talk of the fav's and who gonna be in the play off's, never giving us a mention or a thought. Well now they are ALL taking notice,why, because this team is producing the goods when it matters and teams are now realising what we are capable of.Well i'm putting my cards on the table,right here right now and saying this is one of the best chances for promotion we have had in a long while and i see it as not through any play off's either.This team is capable for sure and i have high hopes this season.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ysb said:

lets not get carried away,I say  do get carried away fella,we are where we are and deserve to be where we are because we have earned that position and respect, we were the underdogs pre season and no one gave this club any bloody chance whatsoever,all talk of the fav's and who gonna be in the play off's, never giving us a mention or a thought. Well now they are ALL taking notice,why, because this team is producing the goods when it matters and teams are now realising what we are capable of.Well i'm putting my cards on the table,right here right now and saying this is one of the best chances for promotion we have had in a long while and i see it as not through any play off's either.This team is capable for sure and i have high hopes this season.

As long as we're lucky with injuries. Fingers crossed for Browny. He's Paul Stoneman to Clarke's Peter Jackson. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Che Bentos said:

As long as we're lucky with injuries. Fingers crossed for Browny. He's Paul Stoneman to Clarke's Peter Jackson. 

agreed

• Like 1

Our odds have really tumbled with this start. We are 14/1 to win the league (from 40/1) the same price to finish in the bottom four (from 3/1), 15/2 to be promoted and only 6/5 to finish in the top seven.

Nice to see we got completely blanked on the goals show again, more interested in talking about Solihull. Gets on my tits that we never get the credit we should 

• Like 1