Town v Solihull

Erik Everhard

A tough test against one of the title favourites. I think this will be a big game for our defensive players. Solihull seem to be quite a physical side but can play football when needed.

Anyway, I think there should be more Shaymen down tomorrow now that the holidays are coming to a close and the team are obviously playing well.

Shaymen 2 Solihull 0. 2250 crowd.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, shaymanandy said:

According to one of my chums Solihull are the tallest side in Europe :P 

Wimbledon were huge last season. They made Matty Brown look like Jamie Patterson. I.can remember looking at our goal area when they had a corner and there looked to a few that were the same size as Sam.

It was like playing football against the Harlem Globetrotters.

8 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

A tough test against one of the title favourites. I think this will be a big game for our defensive players. Solihull seem to be quite a physical side but can play football when needed.

Anyway, I think there should be more Shaymen down tomorrow now that the holidays are coming to a close and the team are obviously playing well.

Shaymen 2 Solihull 0. 2250 crowd.

A clean sheet will be difficult. A victory perhaps not so difficult.

100% going to be our hardest game so far. They’re imo the best team in the league. However their fans aren’t happy with the defence this season and seems to be shaky. 

They lump it to Blissett and play down the channels so our defence will have to be on top form! 

Gonna be a great game and if we can get a point or even better 3 points then that would be a great result. Come On Town!!!

10 minutes ago, ewalsh said:

Be very good news for us if McCallum and Osborne are still out injured

I doubt both will be out but hope atleast one of them is. 

They’re their Two best players so would be good if they’re both out. 

Nice to actually look forward to games.  Going to be tough, would be happy with a point.  There are going to be some losses home and away over the course of the season but still need to all try keep the positivity going. Hopefully a decent result tomorrow leads to a big following to Chesterfield Tuesday night 

I think Wild is a breath of fresh air , he doesn't worry too much about the opposition just let's the players go out and play , Heath especially and Fullarton worried , built up the opponent's and overthought it .

Unbeaten at home , top 3 , I think Solihull will be more worried .

Tricky stuff indeed. Partly due to our results against them, none of our past fixtures were with teams in the top ten. Now we have a side on our level, although they've slumped a bit (including just about beating Ebbsfleet). But they're a huge side of course, very well-paid, well-trained to boot, high-scoring, and composed of many players who are used to this level, as well as Tim Flowers being a decent manager.

I'm sure Wild will tell his side to go on the offensive still, but he might want to pick the right times and opportunities within the game for us to really go for it. They might want an early goal against us, for example. It's certainly worked for two teams before them, and they'll know their strengths, what they can do over 90 minutes, and will be wanting a bounce back into form.

After this we play a few underperforming, larger sides for a few weeks. Only after that do we start locking horns with these other, smaller southern sides doing well at the moment. Hopefully the large sides are still finding their form by then, and that it's dropped off for the likes of Woking when we face them.

Was not impressed with them last Monday on BT Sport. They didn't look like a team expected to be there abouts for promotion. I wonder if it was because of the hectic month of August that they looked jaded and off the pace. Providing the games haven't caught up with us then I can see us getting a positive result tomorrow.

If we play anything like we did against Fylde last Saturday, we will wallop them.

Watched their game on BT last week & they are nothing special. Blissett just a big lump, who didn't look interested when chasing. Clarke & Brown are too good & will look to keep him quiet just like they did with Fylde's top goal getter  Danny Rowe, would rather have Tobi & Mc A any day.

Wild will have this set of players well organised & ready to do battle & win it.

3-1 to the Shay. :)

8 hours ago, TJAshton said:

100% going to be our hardest game so far. They’re imo the best team in the league. However their fans aren’t happy with the defence this season and seems to be shaky. 

They lump it to Blissett and play down the channels so our defence will have to be on top form! 

Gonna be a great game and if we can get a point or even better 3 points then that would be a great result. Come On Town!!!

Lumping it was all they did for 90 mins at The Shay last season, every ball was gobbled up by Johnson, Brown and Clarke.

56 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Wright definitely out plus Osborne and McCallum doubtful for Solihull tomorrow.

Great news and hopefully them two are both out. 

Still a good team without them and will be tough but with them missing imo the best midfielder in the league then it gives us more of a chance. 

Lets hope they’re out! 

Isn’t Osborne the lad that whored himself all over twitter and facebook about 5 years ago claiming to have signed for us?

Only seen him play 4-5 times over the years but he has never stood out as being anything better than what is on the pitch. 

He seems to have tickets on himself though. The type of player thats all about themselves rather than the team.

Archived