First for the sword?

francisfirth

Just seen on the highlights show that Jon Stead had a perfectly good goal chalked off for offside today in Harrogates 0-0 at Fylde - so it could easily have been three defeats on the bounce for Fylde.

Challinor isn't getting what he should out of that team. Early days but he needs to get results quickly. 

1 minute ago, Flea said:

Just seen on the highlights show that Jon Stead had a perfectly good goal chalked off for offside today in Harrogates 0-0 at Fylde - so it could easily have been three defeats on the bounce for Fylde.

Challinor isn't getting what he should out of that team. Early days but he needs to get results quickly. 

yes, he has started slowly before.  However, two 4-1 defeats on the bounce against low budget teams feels like a more serious issue than a slow start

3 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Think it will have to be Sheridan. Wrexham wont be far behind, i think Chaliinor still has some credit left over from last season 

His credit is higher, but it looks like he has only Rowe to hide behind, one injury and he is toast.

Rowe's scoring record speaks for itself, however I've never seen anything in his overall game that says his worth to the team is superb. He comes across as one of those players that if he isn't scoring he isn't really adding much to the team effort. I wonder how he feels being pushed out wide to give Kossy the centre spot. 

Ego's at Fylde could become their undoing this season. 

2 minutes ago, Flea said:

Rowe's scoring record speaks for itself, however I've never seen anything in his overall game that says his worth to the team is superb. He comes across as one of those players that if he isn't scoring he isn't really adding much to the team effort. I wonder how he feels being pushed out wide to give Kossy the centre spot. 

The signing of Kossy says a lot. Yes he has talent, but his attitude and ego stand in his way.  Typical AFCF player perhaps?  To be fair, I liked Challinor as a player.

1 minute ago, Flea said:

If they're switched round we may see them start to win a few. You don't move a player like Rowe who scores most of your goals to accommodate anyone.

4 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

If they're switched round we may see them start to win a few. You don't move a player like Rowe who scores most of your goals to accommodate anyone.

Still feels like Sheridan first.  Hope you are feeling better Erik.

Chesterfield are still paying the last 3 managers off so I doubt Sheridan will get the bullet just yet, even if they wanted to. Also, their 2nd and final parachute payment is down to half of what it was last season. 1 foot on the trap door for them methinks. 

15 hours ago, quizmaster said:

Chesterfield are still paying the last 3 managers off so I doubt Sheridan will get the bullet just yet, even if they wanted to. Also, their 2nd and final parachute payment is down to half of what it was last season. 1 foot on the trap door for them methinks. 

On top of that, Sheridan was reported at the time of his appointment to be paid more than not just every manager in the Conference, but in League 2 too. They simply can't afford to sack him 

17 hours ago, francisfirth said:

The signing of Kossy says a lot. Yes he has talent, but his attitude and ego stand in his way.  Typical AFCF player perhaps?  To be fair, I liked Challinor as a player.

Was he the chap with the long throw in technique? His interview is a disaster with divisive comments about him and his players. Very unprofessional. 

Archived