This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Where will we finish?

• Champions (1st)
    • Play-offs (2nd to 7th)
    • Just miss out (8th to 10th)
    • Mid-table (11th to 17th)
    • Too close for comfort (18th to 20th)
    • Relegated (21st to 24th)

Only five games in but I think a better start than many expected. Only two home games but 100% home record, and four points from nine away from home. At this early stage, how do you think this season will pan out?

2 hours ago, Hoddie said:

Only five games in but I think a better start than many expected. Only two home games but 100% home record, and four points from nine away from home. At this early stage, how do you think this season will pan out?

You put it safe here, Hoddie:).....You could've easily changed the word many with…..next to none? Is there really anyone on this forum at all who had expected a better start?

It’s a positive start. Southwell to come back and show us what he can do this year. Too early to make predictions. Need 12 games. Everyone was very excited after 7 matches last season then we fell off a cliff. 

2 minutes ago, Richmond96 said:

It’s a positive start. Southwell to come back and show us what he can do this year. Too early to make predictions. Need 12 games. Everyone was very excited after 7 matches last season then we fell off a cliff. 

We didn't fall, we jumped.

• Like 2

Mid table 100%. Don’t have enough quality players for Play offs. Couple more additions and get a decent striker in then potentially yes. 

2 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

We didn't fall, we jumped.

We backed off and backed off and fell over the cliff backwards !

Just miss out 8th to 10th , which looking at the shambles of a summer would be a good effort .

Regarding last season , it was the signing of Lenighan which contributed massively to our fall , other factors as well but it was a huge mistake by Fullarton who then dug his heels in and tried to make a point .

Wild seems to have his head screwed on and comes across , despite his age as a very knowledgeable bloke , I have a good feeling about this chap.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, monk said:

Just miss out 8th to 10th , which looking at the shambles of a summer would be a good effort .

Regarding last season , it was the signing of Lenighan which contributed massively to our fall , other factors as well but it was a huge mistake by Fullarton who then dug his heels in and tried to make a point .

Wild seems to have his head screwed on and comes across , despite his age as a very knowledgeable bloke , I have a good feeling about this chap.

Horrendous signing extending contract lunacy, fans never forgave JF for it.

Keep the faith monk we will make playoffs, there should still be money for one more signing. 

Edited by Steve Lanzarote

3 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Horrendous signing extending contract lunacy, fans never forgave JF for it.

Keep the faith monk we will make playoffs, there should still be money for one more signing. 

Be happy just to stay in the top half and be in a position to challenge for a play off spot come April , an impressive start though beyond anyone's expectations.

• Like 1

Considering how much I’m feeling the fact Maher’s getting a scan this week, I feel any success in this small squad hangs by a mere thread. Will we turn out to have the strength in depth that wasn’t there last season?

It is very early to make a prediction but for those who've seen all five games, the differences between now and last season must already be somewhat apparent. We'll revisit again after a few more games I'm sure.

4 minutes ago, vinnyweknuts said:

Mid table would be the aim of Mr B and a satisfactory outcome based upon recent turbulence

I don´t think it will be vinny, we have to push all the way to keep interest and attendance figure up to make the ST sales prove a success.

When injuries and suspensions start hitting then the quality of loan signings could be crucial to any success

Was debating between just miss out or midtable but went midtable in the end. Just lacking quality up front for us to be at the right end of the table. Do think with 2/3 key signings we could push up to just miss out or even playoffs

I think it is possible with a bit of luck to get to the playoffs. Difficult to judge at this stage of the season. On paper Solihull should be up there but how long can they keep pumping money in with crowds under a 1000. 

Come on guys & gals, call yourself supporters ;)

After reading the Managers honest assessment of yesterday's performance on the official site, I do believe, given a few more games, he will get more out of this squad or go into the loan market & improve our performances.

I said in another thread "give him 10-15 games to assess what is needed" & stick by that.

I will hold my hand up to being the only one (at present) to say we will win the league this season.

I expect to either be shot down in flames as the season progresses or hailed as THE EXPERT. Take your pick  :P

3 minutes ago, Macam blue said:

Come on guys & gals, call yourself supporters ;)

After reading the Managers honest assessment of yesterday's performance on the official site, I do believe, given a few more games, he will get more out of this squad or go into the loan market & improve our performances.

I said in another thread "give him 10-15 games to assess what is needed" & stick by that.

I will hold my hand up to being the only one (at present) to say we will win the league this season.

I expect to either be shot down in flames as the season progresses or hailed as THE EXPERT. Take your pick  :P

I'm sure as supporters we'd all like to be champions and heading back to the football league.Me i have high hopes and that wont change,call it something in the air. I think once the team and pete gel properly good things will happen for town,but maybe play offs will be more likely for us come the end of season. But being back under the radar gives us breathing space,and for that i'm kinda glad at this stage we're no longer top of the league,let us be the suprise package a second time come the end of the season with promotion however that comes.

The current is not any stronger than it was last season but we do have a manager who i have a bit more faith in. If we can add 2/3 the a play off push is possible but with the current squad its not imo.

Final position 17th

13 minutes ago, ysb said:

I'm sure as supporters we'd all like to be champions and heading back to the football league.Me i have high hopes and that wont change,call it something in the air. I think once the team and pete gel properly good things will happen for town,but maybe play offs will be more likely for us come the end of season. But being back under the radar gives us breathing space,and for that i'm kinda glad at this stage we're no longer top of the league,let us be the suprise package a second time come the end of the season with promotion however that comes.

agree, very little mention of us on the highlights show last night, definitely the experts don't rate our chances, but I do.

Read 14 pages on the Oldham fans forum, not one bad comment on Wild. I think we have unearthed a gem. Oldham's loss is our gain.

Never criticised JF until he made the horrendous decision to bring a certain player in & confounded that by extending his loan :wacko: went downhill like an express train after that. 

As I have previously said, there is nothing to be frightened of in this league & hasn't been for a couple of years.

Just needs a Manager who believes in himself & his squad & I think Pete is that man.

Happy days for us all in my opinion.

• Like 1