Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Aldershot: today’s game

24 minutes ago, Shay said:

Agreed 

where is there a Barnsley brickie when you need one !

• Like 3

14 hours ago, TheNorwegianViking said:

…..what do you expect from professionals?....This is daft to write, Flea?

Can anyone help me out with how the ignore function works on the new format of the forum?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, shaymandownsouff said:

Can anyone help me out with how the ignore function works on the new format of the forum?

I think you just go into ' your account ' and select The Norwegian Viking, Shay and add others as you go along :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

I think you just go into ' your account ' and select The Norwegian Viking, Shay and add others as you go along :P

You’re wasted on here ;) 

1 hour ago, rdj said:

where is there a Barnsley brickie when you need one !

I bet he would still do a job! 

2 hours ago, Shay said:

Cameron King has a lot of potential but he’s still only a young lad. If he was the complete player he would be playing at a higher level. 

24 in 3 weeks! 

7 hours ago, greygoose said:

How was it positive? results don't count and we had to scramble together several signings. Games postponed aswell meaning we were a week behind other teams., Wild said so himself.

Winning the opening 3 games was inspite of pre season.

I'll mention some:

1. We got rid of JF

2. We got an interesting new manager

3. Jack Earing

4. Cameron King one level up

5. Jamie Allen

6. Things worked in pre-season games, didn't they? Look  above.

7. Players more positive

Inspite of all the problems.....a lot of positives.....and drowned the negatives;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheNorwegianViking said:

I'll mention some:

1. We got rid of JF

3. Jack Earing

5. Jamie Allen

7. Players more positive

Inspite of all the problems.....a lot of positives.....and drowned the negatives;)

1&2 - Hope so but its early days an almost mirror image if last season start which didnt last.

3. The interesting new manager doesn't seem to agree as he cant get on the pitch.

4. He was always good, just needed utilising correctly. But yes he's certainly coming on.

5. He's been ok so far but nothing eye catching as yet, hopefully better to come.

6. Counts for nothing.

7. Agree but positivity alone wont be enough, more quality required.

Yesterdays game proved once again that we desperately need a goal scorer. We were lucky to come away with the draw, no point in kidding ourselves. But there were at least two chances that had we had the goal scorer things would have panned out differently.

On 8/18/2019 at 5:31 PM, TheNorwegianViking said:

I'll mention some:

……..3. Jack Earing

22 hours ago, greygoose said:

3. The interesting new manager doesn't seem to agree as he cant get on the pitch.

The best is yet to come (most likely)…..only 20 years old.

I was very pleased with his performance in his debut (pre-season)…..Man-of-the-match? (even though you're one of them that don't pay any attention to pre-season - I've earned quite a bit (to put it mildly) on it by digging into it))....He has already made his presence......hasn't had many minutes on the field, but that doesn't mean the interesting manager (Wild) doesn't think he's worth having? At least I've got (and a few others) a good impression of Jack Earing. I haven't read a single bad word against him.

You haven't written your personal impression of him - impressed?

Edited by TheNorwegianViking

9 minutes ago, TheNorwegianViking said:

The best is yet to come (most likely)…..only 20 years old.

I was very pleased with his performance in his debut (pre-season)…..Man-of-the-match? (even though you're one of them that don't pay any attention to pre-season - I've earned quite a bit (to put it mildly) on it by digging into it))....He has already made his presence......hasn't had many minutes on the field, but that doesn't mean the interesting manager (Wild) doesn't think he's worth having? At least I've got (and a few others) a good impression of Jack Earing. I haven't read a single bad word against him.

You haven't written your personal impression of him - impressed?

Played well at Ebbsfleet. Came on vs Hartlepool (or was it Dagenham?), misplaced one pass, then his head seemed to go and he didn’t really get into the game and rushed everything. Was part of a positive change on Saturday and looked good. I like him and look forward to seeing him play

• Like 2

On 8/18/2019 at 5:31 PM, TheNorwegianViking said:

I'll mention some:

1. We got rid of JF

3. Jack Earing

5. Jamie Allen

7. Players more positive

On 8/18/2019 at 8:25 PM, greygoose said:

1&2 - Hope so but its early days an almost mirror image if last season start which didnt last.

4. He was always good, just needed utilising correctly. But yes he's certainly coming on.

5. He's been ok so far but nothing eye catching as yet, hopefully better to come.

6. Counts for nothing.

7. Agree but positivity alone wont be enough, more quality required.

I would say positive performances……(from for instance individual players, the team and results)…..counts for more than nothing…..

We have players on trials pre-season for a number of reasons…..hardly for nothing?

Do you honestly think that self-esteem in our team would have been just as good if we had played badly & lost all the pre-season games? 

Edited by TheNorwegianViking

On 8/18/2019 at 8:25 PM, greygoose said:

So does that mean you would have preferred 

1 win 1 draw and 3 loses the opposite of what we have 

only a halifax supporter can find a negative in our start

;) 

Edited by Nick