Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Aldershot: today’s game

Good result at a place we never getting anything from , Wild is ticking all the boxes so far , changing things and going for it and getting rewarded.

• Like 1

Following a goal against in less than a minute will take that, three at home and. ones away will do nicely. Fylde tonked at home too :D

21 minutes ago, Flea said:

Goal on my Twitter/FB

What was that wrestling on the line 

how is a penalty or a free kick not given 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nick said:

What was that wrestling on the line 

how is a penalty or a free kick not given 

Ridiculous. It happened again 5 mins later. Tobi almost dragged to the floor.

8 minutes ago, Flea said:

Ridiculous. It happened again 5 mins later. Tobi almost dragged to the floor.

I struggle to see how there is not a foul of some sort being committed .. it’s just crazy

both teams will say they could have won it but the pressure was on for us to get something from the game after going behind so early, so a confidence boosting point ahead of a home game

We simply didn’t use or keep the ball well enough. Too many 30 yard floated balls to give away possession. Noble & J King very poor imo.

Wilde Pete didn’t look best pleased at FT which I suppose is not a bad thing after picking up an away point.

13 minutes ago, Guido said:

We simply didn’t use or keep the ball well enough. Too many 30 yard floated balls to give away possession. Noble & J King very poor imo.

Wilde Pete didn’t look best pleased at FT which I suppose is not a bad thing after picking up an away point.

If Nolan & J King not doing it maybe time to give Earing his chance, comfortable on the ball & looks strong.

• Like 3

Great start to the season and Id have taken a point. Still only 3 points off top and another point picked up. Sounds like we played poor again as Wild has said. 

I think we’re in desperate need of another striker I really do. Swap Odelusi for a new striker or a loaned striker who will be able to change a game. 

Next week shall be interesting as fylde don’t seem as good as they usually are so should be a good game. Get Kosylo Wound up from the start (If He Plays) 

25 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

If Nolan & J King not doing it maybe time to give Earing his chance, comfortable on the ball & looks strong.

Got to agree there. Nolan has disappointed and Jeff King just doesn’t give me any confidence in what he does. Want to see Josh Mac on the bench too , we owe Odelusi nothing so why is he wasting a space.

Struggled for the first jour or so, little cohesion or fluency with aimless passes either going astray or being eaten up by the Shots defence. We were shell shocked by the soft and avoidable first goal but had two or three decent chances to equalise before they hit the post which would have put them 2 up. We looked better with Silva up top and Maclinden out wide. Equaliser was always coming and we could have nicked all three points at the end. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, shaymenRup said:

Got to agree there. Nolan has disappointed and Jeff King just doesn’t give me any confidence in what he does. Want to see Josh Mac on the bench too , we owe Odelusi nothing so why is he wasting a space.

Need a striker in there. Can understand J Mac not in there yet obviously but once he’s back fit get him in there. We have Sho Silva who won’t score too many goals but holds the ball well and runs his arse off but once he’s tired we need to bring a striker on. 

Wasn't there today so can't comment on it. 

However the 2 home games i have seen i have to agree with many that we are lacking a goalscorer. 

Aldershot are saying similar about there team on their forum.so its not just us. 

It sounds weird saying it having scored 8 goals in the first 5. It seems to have a chance of winning a game we have to keep a clean sheet. Scoring 2 in a game looks like it might be a struggle. Consistently anyway

Overall I am pleased with the result considering we failed to keep possession most of the time. I think Peter Wild can take the club forward given time, it may not be this season but he can lay the foundations for next season. Yes we appear to be light in attack but I would like to think PW has assessed this and things are underway to remedy the situation. I will give PW my support as I think he has proved that he is prepared to play the right kind of football for us.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, hunsworthhound said:

Just being reading aldershot forum.  Same comment as Tuesday night on the wrexham forum. Who is their no10 he is a class above anyone else  on the pitch.

He is a class and we’re lucky to have him as if we didn’t we would be near the bottom easily. 

Still lacking a goalscorer who will get ya 10/15 goals a season 

46 minutes ago, hunsworthhound said:

Just being reading aldershot forum.  Same comment as Tuesday night on the wrexham forum. Who is their no10 he is a class above anyone else  on the pitch.

I hope he does the decent thing and signs a new contract with us.

• Like 1

Good point considering we went behind so early. Our inability to keep a clean sheet away from home is of slight concern. All very well trying to play entertaining football but keep them out and you have a chance of winning 

1 hour ago, hunsworthhound said:

Their centre-backs 15 and 16 were very good, too.

38 minutes ago, Shay said:

Good point considering we went behind so early. Our inability to keep a clean sheet away from home is of slight concern. All very well trying to play entertaining football but keep them out and you have a chance of winning 

Very early days. Wild Pete will give it until 15 games to assess where the players are at.

• Like 1

Just now, Erik Everhard said:

Very early days. Wild Pete will give it until 15 games to assess where the players are at.

Agreed. Overall. I’m fairly content with the start. Let’s be honest. We shouldn’t expect to be promotion contenders