Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Aldershot: today’s game

Well done those who have made the trip 

hope they are rewarded with a good performance and a win 

I really believe we can do this .. 

1-0 to the mighty shaymen 

Maher’s hamstring still acting up it seems. Bah! Confident in the side though and if we work as hard as Tuesday with improved finishing, I can be happy.

Agreed 

but let’s hope that mcalinden can show us  what he can do ... in a good way

also want to see earring get a run out

Edited by Nick
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, greygoose said:

Surprised Tobi has been taken out of the forward line, no physicality up top now.

Probably needs a break, whatever else he puts a shift in.

13 minutes ago, greygoose said:

Surprised Tobi has been taken out of the forward line, no physicality up top now.

We need someone to stick goals in on a regular basis, I do not think he is the one for that. 'He can hold the ball up' does not win games.

I take back what i've previously said about Maher. We are much better with him than without.

Starting to wonder if it was JF that limited him on what he was allowed to do on the ball.

4 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Ebbs 1-0

Mmm I put a decent wedge on Solihull today 8/15 they are flying Ebbsfleet have  shocking so far what could possibly go wrong.

20 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

We need someone to stick goals in on a regular basis, I do not think he is the one for that. 'He can hold the ball up' does not win games.

Holding the ball up is a must in the formation we are playing or it will continue to return and see us under pressure. 

11 minutes ago, AJS said:

I take back what i've previously said about Maher. We are much better with him than without.

Starting to wonder if it was JF that limited him on what he was allowed to do on the ball.

Spoke to him on Instagram earlier today and he has no idea when he'll be back for. Based on today and Wrexham fingers crossed he isn't out for too long 

2 minutes ago, greygoose said:

Holding the ball up is a must in the formation we are playing or it will continue to return and see us under pressure. 

Holding the ball up and having nothing positive coming from it is a waste of time and effort. 

1 minute ago, Pliny Harris said:

I wouldn’t bother with a keeper next Saturday. “He’s a good shot stopper” does not win games.

We are talking about a striker Pipsqueak, another Dud.

3 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Holding the ball up and having nothing positive coming from it is a waste of time and effort. 

It gets you higher up the pitch, it brings others in to play, it keeps possession. It brings a lot of things into play and it’s what we’ve been missing on many occasions!

• Like 1