Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Janis

Fullerton

Recommended Posts

Just now, Hoddie said:

Well you've just listed three of the other four as being worse than JF. So pretty close huh? And you're not exactly known for loving Harvey are you?

Jimmy Harvey? Bloody legend. Wembley win. Even though I missed the goal. Too busy getting pissed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hoddie said:

Well you've just listed three of the other four as being worse than JF. So pretty close huh? And you're not exactly known for loving Harvey are you?

Harvey was up there with my favourates. 3 men on the half way line defending corners. Football on the deck. 

He gets slapped with the relegation tag on here when the reality is the board gave Aspin too much time then gave the job to the wrong man before finally getting it right. Took us to the brink of safety. And took us to the best day in our history 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Greggs said:

Harvey was up there with my favourates. 3 men on the half way line defending corners. Football on the deck. 

Harvey gave us arguably one of our best days ever, however I don't feel he was as good as others make his legacy to be. 

With 6 games, 3 games, 1 game and 45 mins to go we were safe. He did wonders to get us back out of the mess Deluded Daz put us in, however from the position he got us in, we shouldn't have fallen back down.

I think he was probably out of the game a tad too long to be a realistic appointment, as football is a fast moving industry and his style was almost old school compared to the up and comings. 

He had also lost the dressing room which went against him. Either way, we can't say not extending his contract and getting Heath in was a mistake - as he brought us straight back up.

(The one part of Heath's reign that is worthy of criticism is his dismantling of our scouting network however - that was simply inexcusable and he shouldn't have been allowed to do it and our BoD's should have stopped him) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Shay said:

Jimmy Harvey? Bloody legend. Wembley win. Even though I missed the goal. Too busy getting pissed 

I stand corrected. It still doesn't negate the fact that, bar Kelly's 10 games in charge, JF holds FC Town's worst managerial record. Even the 'pub manager' (as you call him) Heath had a better record - 43% vs 30% - but then again he also had a better record than your second favourite Harvey.

4 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Harvey was up there with my favourates. 3 men on the half way line defending corners. Football on the deck. 

He gets slapped with the relegation tag on here when the reality is the board gave Aspin too much time then gave the job to the wrong man before finally getting it right. Took us to the brink of safety. And took us to the best day in our history 

Yeah I agree, the damage was done long before Harvey turned up. I can understand why the club parted ways and in hindsight perhaps they were right, but it didn't feel quite right at the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hoddie said:

I stand corrected. It still doesn't negate the fact that, bar Kelly's 10 games in charge, JF holds FC Town's worst managerial record. Even the 'pub manager' (as you call him) Heath had a better record - 43% vs 30% - but then again he also had a better record than your second favourite Harvey.

Yeah I agree, the damage was done long before Harvey turned up. I can understand why the club parted ways and in hindsight perhaps they were right, but it didn't feel quite right at the time.

I wish you’d stop putting words in my mouth. When did I call Heath a pub manager? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Flea said:

Harvey gave us arguably one of our best days ever, however I don't feel he was as good as others make his legacy to be. 

With 6 games, 3 games, 1 game and 45 mins to go we were safe. He did wonders to get us back out of the mess Deluded Daz put us in, however from the position he got us in, we shouldn't have fallen back down.

I think he was probably out of the game a tad too long to be a realistic appointment, as football is a fast moving industry and his style was almost old school compared to the up and comings. 

He had also lost the dressing room which went against him. Either way, we can't say not extending his contract and getting Heath in was a mistake - as he brought us straight back up.

(The one part of Heath's reign that is worthy of criticism is his dismantling of our scouting network however - that was simply inexcusable and he shouldn't have been allowed to do it and our BoD's should have stopped him) 

See there it is. Just solely putting it at Kelly's door. Yes an horrendous appointment. But Aspin laid the foundations with a horrendous start the worst in our history i bet. But because of what he did he often escapes critismn on here 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Shay said:

I wish you’d stop putting words in my mouth. When did I call Heath a pub manager? 

Here:

http://www.theshaymen.net/ipb/topic/18603-message-for-bosomworth/?do=findComment&comment=360191

and here:

http://www.theshaymen.net/ipb/topic/19262-leyton-orient-h/?do=findComment&comment=359397

I don't expect you to apologise but surprise me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hoddie said:

Bloody hell. Well done. You must have my posts on speed dial. I apologise wholeheartedly. Are you surprised? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Greggs said:

See there it is. Just solely putting it at Kelly's door. Yes an horrendous appointment. But Aspin laid the foundations with a horrendous start the worst in our history i bet. But because of what he did he often escapes critismn on here 

Aspin got sacked after a poor run of results. Harsh but that is the nature of the business.  His past success for us counted for probably getting an extra couple of games, however at the end of the day his axing, on performance alone, in this industry, was probably justified. Would he have kept us up if given the entire season? Who knows, probably not.

However, Kelly was next level bad. Not only were we losing, but we were getting our pants pulled down and humiliated at the same time. It was horrific to watch and made worse with him coming out of talks about breaking into the playoffs. Of course it was everyone's fault but his own that he got sacked according to himself. 

Not putting anything solely at Kelly's door, however whatever way you wish to look at his reign, he was a complete and utter disaster, always out of his depth - and if we had not had him in for those ten games it would be logical to assume we could have sneaked an extra point or two at the very least to have remained safe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shay said:

Bloody hell. Well done. You must have my posts on speed dial. I apologise wholeheartedly. Are you surprised? 

It's called a search engine. And yeah, I suppose.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do think JF was given some unfair criticism. But we move on and we now have Wild. Let’s see what the future brings 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hoddie said:

It's called a search engine. And yeah, I suppose.

We can drink to it in the Three Pigs. Mines a Yorkshire Blonde 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Shay said:

I do think JF was given some unfair criticism. But we move on and we now have Wild. Let’s see what the future brings 

Accusations that he's a pub manager out of  his depth and the worst manager in the history of the club . He talks rubbish and has set the club back four years . He has no contacts, no scouts and treats the media team like dirt . His mannerisms are detestable and his behaviour toward the South Stand is appalling . He'd have taken us back to the Glue Leagues if MrB hadn't sacked him in January 2021

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Shay said:

Luke. He kept us up after Heath was taking us down. First season as a full time outfit we comfortably stayed in this league. Don’t quite know what else you expected him to do? 

Better football. As proven by the first few games, this set of players had it in them, he was holding them back. PW has got more out of King in 5 games than JF did thoroughout last season.

He could have complained about the budget less. It was all he banged on about, but every single one of PW signings have come from the FL. to me, this suggests it was a lack of contacts rather than funds on JF part

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Shay said:

Were you too busy eating your prawn sarnies when he came over and antagonised the south stand? 

He got a lot of unwarranted stick. But throughout it, he always applauded the fans. Even when we won the play offs the players were taking the piss out of the numbskulls chanting “Heath out”.

i didn’t get to as many games as I’d have liked last season, but know many who did. And not once did Fullarton applaud or even acknowledge the fans. A good coach he may be, but his character is not cut out for management.

PW got all the fans inside easily, by doing what? A team huddle and applauding the fans pre match. It really is that simple

Edited by Luke
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

I didn’t get to as many games as I’d have liked last season, but know many who did. And not once did Fullarton applaud or even acknowledge the fans. A good coach he may be, but his character is not cut out for management

I thought at the very least he’d come over and applaud the fans on the last day of the season at Fylde, but we got nothing from him.

Certainly left a bitter taste even though we were safe in the end

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All supporters want is players to give 100 percent and managers to tell it as it is .. no excuses no funny phrases .. but when we are bad .. just acknowledge it 

then get it better next time 

Edited by Nick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best managers since 2008 (this isn't up for debate BTW either). 

Neil Aspin 

Billy Heath 

Jim Harvey 

Jim Vince 

Jamie Fullarton 

Neil Young 

Gareth McClelland 

Nigel Jemson 

Darren Kelly

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Shaymen Stats said:

Best managers since 2008 (this isn't up for debate BTW either). 

Neil Aspin 

Billy Heath 

Jim Harvey 

Jim Vince 

Jamie Fullarton 

Neil Young 

Gareth McClelland 

Nigel Jemson 

Darren Kelly

 

 

Id agree with that tbf. Young/McCelland and to a degree Jemson could be excluded from the rankings due to lack of time in charge, although the latter was scheming and plotting for the best part of half a season.

Only Aspin and Heath I would view as having successful spells, which is concerning overall sadly. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shaymen Stats said:

Best managers since 2008 (this isn't up for debate BTW either). 

Neil Aspin 

Billy Heath 

Jim Harvey 

Jim Vince 

Jamie Fullarton 

Neil Young 

Gareth McClelland 

Nigel Jemson 

Darren Kelly

 

 

Gonna have to debate you here, sorry. Fullarton is potentially above Vince, depending on how the Lenighan thing factors in :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pliny Harris said:

Gonna have to debate you here, sorry. Fullarton is potentially above Vince, depending on how the Lenighan thing factors in :D

Sorry he should really be be in between Jemson and Kelly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Luke said:

He got a lot of unwarranted stick. But throughout it, he always applauded the fans. Even when we won the play offs the players were taking the piss out of the numbskulls chanting “Heath out”.

i didn’t get to as many games as I’d have liked last season, but know many who did. And not once did Fullarton applaud or even acknowledge the fans. A good coach he may be, but his character is not cut out for management.

PW got all the fans inside easily, by doing what? A team huddle and applauding the fans pre match. It really is that simple

I was one of the ones chanting Heath out. During thr 2nd season anyway. I don't regret it for a second. We were going down with him in charge. 

The happy clappers didn't like it because it wasn't supportive and productive apparently. They'd have had us in the Conference north their  way. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Greggs said:

I was one of the ones chanting Heath out. During thr 2nd season anyway. I don't regret it for a second. We were going down with him in charge. 

The happy clappers didn't like it because it wasn't supportive and productive apparently. They'd have had us in the Conference north their  way. 

The only manager I have ever called for to be sacked.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Greggs said:

I was one of the ones chanting Heath out. During thr 2nd season anyway. I don't regret it for a second. We were going down with him in charge. 

The happy clappers didn't like it because it wasn't supportive and productive apparently. They'd have had us in the Conference north their  way. 

I mean in the first season. It all got blown out of proportion about his “style of play”. Have we ever played good football consistently? It’s no more long ball than it was to Gregory under Aspin. People jumped on the bandwagon of “oh his football is just long ball”. So what? If it was, we’d be playing against Spennymoor Town et al had it not been for the promotion.

2nd season he struggled, and he would be the first to admit that. But my point is regarding the CN season and the chants that were unsubstantiated. Then the same people were telling us how fantastic Fullarton would be with his fast flowing football (you included Greggs). All this because the man had said so in an interview. Look how that turned out.

Genuine question @Shay, how can Heath be classed a failure, but Fullarton did well? Fullarton had a much bigger budget, better facilities than any manager since the new club and full time to work with said players. But was it really any better than what Heath put on show?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...