Sign in to follow this  
Janis

Fullerton

1 minute ago, Wilder Bollox said:

He's got football schools coming out of his ears, has he actually produced any end product yet ?

That was something I expected to see whilst he was in charge. I also have thought we'd have r seen at least one of his starlets gracing The Shay pitch.

3 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

That was something I expected to see whilst he was in charge. I also have thought we'd have r seen at least one of his starlets gracing The Shay pitch.

Earring is a good prospect 

1 hour ago, Shay said:

Luke. He kept us up after Heath was taking us down. First season as a full time outfit we comfortably stayed in this league. Don’t quite know what else you expected him to do? 

Genuine question, why do you seem to ignore any points that throw his man management skills and what he's like to deal with into question? There's more than enough evidence to suggest these statements have some truth to them

Edited by Lewis

3 minutes ago, Lewis said:

Genuine question, why do you seem to ignore any points that throw his man management skills and what he's like to deal with into question? There's more than enough evidence to suggest these statements have some truth to them

I think it’s been pointed out and I think he even acknowledged that himself. No body is perfect are they. In general though. There have been better and there have been worse. He did do a decent job overall 

Just now, Shay said:

I think it’s been pointed out and I think he even acknowledged that himself. No body is perfect are they. In general though. There have been better and there have been worse. He did do a decent job overall 

He made 1,500 people question if they should have gone shopping with the wife for 80% of the home games last season. I honestly think i'd of had more fun painting a fence and watching it dry

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Shay said:

Trust me, there was a lot more happening than the stuff he acknowledged

• Like 1

Just now, Lewis said:

Trust me, there was a lot more happening than the stuff he acknowledged

Fair enough. You and fleabag are in know. I’m not. But from the outside looking in. Overall last season was ok 

1 minute ago, Hoddie said:

JF was a terrible manager. He gave Lenighan a fecking contract for god's sake. Twice.

If he was that terrible we would have been relegated. Don’t exaggerate 

8 minutes ago, Shay said:

There have been better and there have been worse. He did do a decent job overall 

Name a worse Town manager. There hasn't been once since 1993 I guarantee it.

Just now, Hoddie said:

Jim Vince. I win. What’s my prize? 

Just now, Hoddie said:

Well i wasn't a fan of Heath to be honest. At least when Fullarton came in he removed the problem from the team so the results could improve. 

2 managers who were both too stubborn to accept their way wouldn't work. Until they both lost there jobs 

1 minute ago, Greggs said:

Well i wasn't a fan of Heath to be honest. At least when Fullarton came in he removed the problem from the team so the results could improve. 

2 managers who were both too stubborn to accept their way wouldn't work. Until they both lost there jobs 

That’s three

5 minutes ago, Shay said:

If he was that terrible we would have been relegated. Don’t exaggerate 

We weren't relegated because it was physically impossible for teams to score past 11 defenders 

7 minutes ago, Kay Shay-ra Shay-Ra said:

Darren Kelly. That was easy

I'd go as far as to say not only was Deluded Daz the worst ever Halifax Town manager, he is probably the worst ever manager to manage ANY football club ever. 

Getting smashed 6-3 at home to Braintree - a team so negative they have to pay extra to park the bus at every away ground - and the tool, whilst having us ten points adrift from safety is rabbiting on about Playoffs. 

7 minutes ago, Greggs said:

I don't get the Heath hate. He was given two years to get us promoted, he did it in one. He didn't have the greatest set of contacts, however he got 100% out of all his players, whom respected him and would run through brick walls for him. 

He never once said anything negative about the fans, the club, the ground, the set up, the training facilities...

His sacking probably was right on a results front when it came, however I have nothing but the upmost respect for him and would have him behind Aspin as the best FCHT manager since reformation. 

• Like 3

Just now, Shay said:

Jim Vince. I win. What’s my prize? 

I see. So a manager who had no players signed up and generally no idea what to expect given it was a phoenix club, was worse than the manager who failed despite having the club's largest ever playing budget, far better training facilities and a squad with which he could clearly work given he kept us up the previous season? Vince was in charge for 20 games less than JF yet still secured more victories than him. Sure, worse league and all that, but so were the players he had at his disposal. It's all relative.

2 minutes ago, Kay Shay-ra Shay-Ra said:

Darren Kelly. That was easy

Didn't he have 10 games or something like that? We're surely not comparing that to JF's season and a half are we? You could argue the rot had set in under Aspin and McClelland's short stint hardly set him up for success. Harvey seemed to turn it around somewhat but even he's still unpopular in many quarters despite being more successful (in terms of points on the board) than any manager who came after - 15 wins from 34 games as opposed to JF's 20 wins from 65.

3 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Heath guided Town to twice as many victories than JF, despite being in charge for only a third more games.

Even taking stats out of the equation, is anyone seriously suggesting that JF's stint as manager was in any way enjoyable? Hundreds of supporters drifted away, and almost without exception everyone on here was critical of his style of play and his bullshit-laden interview style.

But yeah, he's FC Town's second best manager after Aspin. Jesus fecking wept.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Flea said:

I don't get the Heath hate. He was given two years to get us promoted, he did it in one. He didn't have the greatest set of contacts, however he got 100% out of all his players, whom respected him and would run through brick walls for him. 

He never once said anything negative about the fans, the club, the ground, the set up, the training facilities...

His sacking probably was right on a results front when it came, however I have nothing but the upmost respect for him and would have him behind Aspin as the best FCHT manager since reformation. 

Were you too busy eating your prawn sarnies when he came over and antagonised the south stand? 

2 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

I see. So a manager who had no players signed up and generally no idea what to expect given it was a phoenix club, was worse than the manager who failed despite having the club's largest ever playing budget, far better training facilities and a squad with which he could clearly work given he kept us up the previous season? Vince was in charge for 20 games less than JF yet still secured more victories than him. Sure, worse league and all that, but so were the players he had at his disposal. It's all relative.

Didn't he have 10 games or something like that? We're surely not comparing that to JF's season and a half are we? You could argue the rot had set in under Aspin and McClelland's short stint hardly set him up for success. Harvey seemed to turn it around somewhat but even he's still unpopular in many quarters despite being more successful (in terms of points on the board) than any manager who came after - 15 wins from 34 games as opposed to JF's 20 wins from 65.

Heath guided Town to twice as many victories than JF, despite being in charge for only a third more games.

Even taking stats out of the equation, is anyone seriously suggesting that JF's stint as manager was in any way enjoyable? Hundreds of supporters drifted away, and almost without exception everyone on here was critical of his style of play and his bullshit-laden interview style.

But yeah, he's FC Town's second best manager after Aspin. Jesus fecking wept.

Don’t go changing the goal posts. Nobody said he was the second best manager after Aspin. 

5 minutes ago, Flea said:

I didn't say i hated him. I said i wasn't a fan. He got us promoted yes he has credit for that. However he was in the process of taking us right back down by continuing to play conference north tactics in the conference.  

• Like 1

Just now, Shay said:

Don’t go changing the goal posts. Nobody said he was the second best manager after Aspin. 

Well you've just listed three of the other four as being worse than JF. So pretty close huh? And you're not exactly known for loving Harvey are you?