Sign in to follow this  
Pliny Harris

Matty Brown

Excellent news. A top pro, loved by the fans and he clearly loves being here. Practically the perfect captain and it would be ideal if he could carry us into the league. 

Absolute legend. It says a lot about the club when good players want to commit for a long time. He has been an inspirational leader and we must have had interest in him from league 2 clubs.

Securing key players is important and glad it’s happening now.

7 minutes ago, shaymenRup said:

Absolute legend. It says a lot about the club when good players want to commit for a long time. He has been an inspirational leader and we must have had interest in him from league 2 clubs.

Maybe that's why as his transfer fee would now increase 

This is even more exciting than P3, W3. I was very concerned he’d sign for a League club. PW is really impressing me now. Fantastic news. Would not surprise me if he scored at Wrexham. 

Maybe the club are aware clubs have enquired about him ? Ensures we get a decent fee WHEN he moves on , makes financial sense 

A good call by the Club/Manager/Matty Brown.

He has been a rock this last 3 years after a dodgy 1st season.

Better times ahead if we can keep our best players.

Amazed the guy is still with us with the ups and downs we have had over the last few seasons. Good news, Brown is a rock and has been the heartbeat  of the club throughout difficult times.

39 minutes ago, dj funky said:

Christmas came early this year,aint it funny how its all changed in the last three weeks, great news.

I was just thinking the same. About time we had some luck and good fortune.

Great news about Matty Brown. 

Is this the same brown who those ITK clowns said was leaving for Bradford city which was why he was not playing preseason games 

some people talk bollocks on here then dress is up as facts 

come on guys admit just for once you were wrong and dumb 

otherwise brilliant news only four now five of our squad have contracts beyond this season .. something to watch 

rant for the night 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nick said:

Is this the same brown who those ITK clowns said was leaving for Bradford city which was why he was not playing preseason games 

otherwise brilliant news only four now five of our squad have contracts beyond this season .. something to watch 

rant for the night 

Or maybe you don't know all the facts and Chinese whispers :shh:

12 hours ago, shaymenRup said:

He has had interest from 2 L2 clubs.

8 hours ago, Nick said:

rant for the night 

He did have enquiries but not BC and did not play preseason which made the rumour active then a soon as PW came in he killed the rumours stone dead by saying Matty did not play as he had had a dead leg and it flared up in the warm up. Thats all it needed one statement which the club had been refusing to do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

He has had interest from 2 L2 clubs.

And National League clubs . MrB has told him he wants him to stay and has obviously backed him with what must be a pretty good contract

1 hour ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

He did have enquiries but not BC and did not play preseason which made the rumour active then a soon as PW came in he killed the rumours stone dead by saying Matty did not play as he had had a dead leg and it flared up in the warm up. Thats all it needed one statement which the club had been refusing to do.

It was a late call for him not to play against Oldham so i don't see how the club were refusing to share information on this one? 

Great news about Brown, the best centre back we've had since the early 90s for me.

Edited by greygoose
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, greygoose said:

It was a late call for him not to play against Oldham so i don't see how the club were refusing to share information on this one? 

Great news about Brown, the best centre back we've had since the early 90s for me.

He didn´t play in Donny game as he had dead leg but nothing said and rumours already starting to circulate coming from Chesterfield site then followed up from town fans, no need for it in my opinion communication is the most important tool between club and fans,  something this BOD have been lacking in. Then unfortunately JF simply had no skills at it.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

He didn´t play in Donny game as he had dead leg but nothing said and rumours already starting to circulate coming from Chesterfield site then followed up from town fans, no need for it in my opinion communication is the most important tool between club and fans,  something this BOD have been lacking in. Then unfortunately JF simply had no skills at it.

Dont you think it would be the manager who should give the info Steve, david might not have even known about it