Sign in to follow this  
ysb

Hope

Just wondering at what point folks will start to think ay up we are looking like contenders for champions here!. I know its early doors but I always like to think its possible  that it can happen, i remember 98 there was just something in the air that year. I always like to think positive,instead of thinking if we get a draw here i'd be happy, i think when we beat them, ya know. Is there something in the air, with this squad and the manager i feel something that has been lacking for a while. I like to think so,and i doubt its just me folks. I said we have been here before at this time in the season,BUT if we can push on this one time then the football league is defo an aim and a worthy prize for town. Better an optimist than a pessimist more so after tuesdays upcoming win :rolleyes:Ya thoughts? are you optimistic or is it to early to be counting chickens?

I don't think any team currently in this league or for a few seasons have a team similar to our conference winning team. It's still keep your feet on the ground for me. It's a long season, pitches will change, injuries will kick in etc.

10 minutes ago, crowtherjcbravo said:

I don't think any team currently in this league or for a few seasons have a team similar to our conference winning team. It's still keep your feet on the ground for me. It's a long season, pitches will change, injuries will kick in etc.

A lot of injuries depend largely on the type of training which by the looks of it has improved. You will obviously get the knock type injury but the last 2 seasons we have had a lot of players just pulling up ie tendons and so on so hopefully we will have less. We have nothing to fear in this league and credit to DB he stuck with the right type of manager up and coming and knowledge of the younger players lets hope he is the right one this time, JF seemed the right type but wrong one, keep what your doing PW and look for that attacking LMF player then use loans for the odd injury and we win make the PO´s at least. C´mon the Shaymen.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, crowtherjcbravo said:

Feet on the ground time,i agree,but its about hope about what we have now with this team and its potential.

6 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

A lot of injuries depend largely on the type of training which by the looks of it has improved. You will obviously get the knock type injury but the last 2 seasons we have had a lot of players just pulling up ie tendons and so on so hopefully we will have less. We have nothing to fear in this league and credit to DB he stuck with the right type of manager up and coming and knowledge of the younger players lets hope he is the right one this time, JF seemed the right type but wrong one, keep what your doing PW and look for that attacking LMF player then use loans for the odd injury and we win make the PO´s at least. C´mon the Shaymen.

Play offs minimum for me,but as champions that would be sublime

The 98 team was kind of a perfect storm but, although there are similarities, I don’t think this team is quite there.

That’s not to say I don’t think we’ll do well as I think we’ll finish between 7th and 11th.

We’re missing a striker who we can rely on to fire us to the top end of the table throughout the season. You never know. Maybe Southwell will flourish under PW and be that guy. 

a prolific striker, as with Supergeoff, can make a big difference to a promotion chasing team.

Step up young man -

Supersilva or SuperMcAlinden

1 minute ago, rdj said:

a prolific striker, as with Supergeoff, can make a big difference to a promotion chasing team.

Step up young man -

The pundit on BT Sport seems to rate the guy. 

Let's see where we are after 10 games. It's a brilliant start, but only as brilliant as this time last season. 

1 minute ago, Che Bentos said:

The pundit on BT Sport seems to rate the guy. 

Let's see where we are after 10 games. It's a brilliant start, but only as brilliant as this time last season. 

Sorry Che I think there is a lot of difference between this season and last season. Last season we would not have won yesterday or against Hartlepool and would have drawn 0-0 at Ebbs.

12 minutes ago, Juryeff said:

The 98 team was kind of a perfect storm but, although there are similarities, I don’t think this team is quite there.

That’s not to say I don’t think we’ll do well as I think we’ll finish between 7th and 11th.

We’re missing a striker who we can rely on to fire us to the top end of the table throughout the season. You never know. Maybe Southwell will flourish under PW and be that guy. 

If the players really gell then owts possible,yeah 98 was special but its about time lightning struck twice

4 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Sorry Che I think there is a lot of difference between this season and last season. Last season we would not have won yesterday or against Hartlepool and would have drawn 0-0 at Ebbs.

Hope you're right. I must admit, I feel more positive about this squad compared to the one of last year. Time will tell. :)

12 minutes ago, rdj said:

Step up young man -

Lets hope macalinden does shine this season

Just now, Che Bentos said:

Hope you're right. I must admit, I feel more positive about this squad compared to the one of last year. Time will tell. :)

My thoughts fella,just a feeling

Our team have s good goalkeeper and excellent defence the foundations for success are there. Going forward we now seem to have some creatively and the magic ingredient pace, with a manager that seems to want to have a go and try and win, a win and a loss are better than 2 draws something our last few managers haven’t managed to grasp. The team are still finding things out about each other and the more they do the more they gel the more they’ll improve. Everything’s their for me to have a go this year from manager down, we need to keep chalking off the targets, first 10 games, Xmas, 50 pts and as we pass each one the expectations will rise. Two final things for me 1. Earing, there’s a proper player in there that I think  will have a major say in this season, 2 Us lot, we’ll need to carry our team by supporting them good and bad, we have always had a pretty good away support that will rise even more if we’re up there, and at home the crowd will hopefully grow and noise carry the team over the line when they need us to.

Onwards and upwards, there may be something in air but fans are slowly starting to believe this could be our year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LeedsShaymen said:

Our team have s good goalkeeper and excellent defence the foundations for success are there. Going forward we now seem to have some creatively and the magic ingredient pace, with a manager that seems to want to have a go and try and win, a win and a loss are better than 2 draws something our last few managers haven’t managed to grasp. The team are still finding things out about each other and the more they do the more they gel the more they’ll improve. Everything’s their for me to have a go this year from manager down, we need to keep chalking off the targets, first 10 games, Xmas, 50 pts and as we pass each one the expectations will rise. Two final things for me 1. Earing, there’s a proper player in there that I think  will have a major say in this season, 2 Us lot, we’ll need to carry our team by supporting them good and bad, we have always had a pretty good away support that will rise even more if we’re up there, and at home the crowd will hopefully grow and noise carry the team over the line when they need us to.

Onwards and upwards, there may be something in air but fans are slowly starting to believe this could be our year.

well said ;-)

If we’re still in the mix come the New Year then going for promotion might start to become a realistic proposition. However, as good as it is at this stage, a few times recently we’ve started well in the first 10 games and tailed off to nothingness. Something does feel a bit different about it this season, though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't think that this will be our year, although I hope I am wrong, but I do think we have all the ingredients for a top half finish. Camaraderie will be a great asset to the squad and the tactics from the management are positive but we still need two major players that the team of 98 had. We have a brilliant keeper, we have a "Killer" in Brown and/or Clarke but we are missing a Jamie style player who can weigh in with 10 plus goals and a Horse style forward who can score for fun. Neither of these will be readily available on the market, certainly not within our price bracket.

I will be happy for an above mid table finish and hopefully further  progress next season.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, LeedsShaymen said:

There’s definitely a player in Earing, and a very good one at that. Thought he didn’t show that much yesterday, but I put it down to the fact that it was his first real taste of men’s football. Against Ebbsfleet, they were a man down and we were controlling pace of game. Yesterday it seemed he was a bit of passenger in spurts. Technically this team is at a different level confidence wise to play the ball into feet and have the confidence to turn and play another pass. 

6 minutes ago, ysb said:

So they recon we are only going to drop 17 points all season :lol:. I don't know about having a plus 91 goal difference I would just love us to score 91 goals for starters. I don't know what these guys are on but I suspect DJ has lost a large quantity of his "happy pills". :P

5 minutes ago, Shaymen2008 said:

So they recon we are only going to drop 17 points all season :lol:. I don't know about having a plus 91 goal difference I would just love us to score 91 goals for starters. I don't know what these guys are on but I suspect DJ has lost a large quantity of his "happy pills". :P

To dream the impossible dream lol

• Like 1

This is a better team than started a winning season under Fullarton. But, show me a team that was top after three games and top at the end of the season.