Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Dagenham and Redbridge..Today

1 hour ago, wrighty130 said:

Really? I thought she was pretty poor given she did not have any big decisions to make, also add to the fact she completely ignored the new rules regarding subs going off at the nearest point and never stopped play when the ball hit her on 2 occasions. 

Also some of the most blatant fouls went unpunished, even for us when J King just dragged their player down to the ground on the wing when they could of broke away. 

Play doesn’t stop if the ball hits an official (either the ref of liner) as the are classed as part of the field of play. Play should only be stopped if an external object interferes with play, for example that goal for Sunderland (I think?) against Liverpool that rebounded off a beach ball. Should have been ruled out but was incorrectly allowed to stand.

16 minutes ago, olitheshayman said:

I thought there's a new rule now that if the ball hits the referee and interferes with play then a drop ball must be played.

Isn't it if it leads to a goal scoring opportunity? 

16 minutes ago, olitheshayman said:

I thought there's a new rule now that if the ball hits the referee and interferes with play then a drop ball must be played.

This should be the case, if it hits the official it’s a contested drop ball.

24 minutes ago, htfc17 said:

Isn't it if it leads to a goal scoring opportunity? 

A goal scoring opportunity can occur anywhere on the pitch even 60-70 yards away. Ask Clarkey.

• Like 1

Duckworth is showing to all why Jacob Hanson can't get in the team. 

Thought Cameron King was trying to hard to make things happen yesterday and at times should have played it a little more basic. Jeff King hasn't played much football but he is an addition as he seems genuinely 2 footed a massive plus at any level of football. Get Josh and Southwell fit and we do seem ok for numbers and quality. We don't need a back up left back as we have enough cover for any short term loss and that is the same reason why Hanson isn't on the bench as no reason for a fullback to be sat there. 

new rule is

If the ball touches the referee (or another match official) and goes into the goal, team possession changes or a promising attack starts, a dropped ball is awarded.

opposition must be 4mtrs from dropped ball when taken

36 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Duckworth is showing to all why Jacob Hanson can't get in the team. 

Thought Cameron King was trying to hard to make things happen yesterday and at times should have played it a little more basic. Jeff King hasn't played much football but he is an addition as he seems genuinely 2 footed a massive plus at any level of football. Get Josh and Southwell fit and we do seem ok for numbers and quality. We don't need a back up left back as we have enough cover for any short term loss and that is the same reason why Hanson isn't on the bench as no reason for a fullback to be sat there. 

Can’t rememberer anyone questioning Duckworth’s ability. The only concern has been how injury prone he can be and the fact that he hasn’t yet ( with us ) managed a full season. If he can stay fully fit and can put in 40+ games then with Brown and Clarke we probably have 3 of the best defenders in the league.

1 hour ago, olitheshayman said:

Yes, plus there's a new law regarding the position of opposition players in a wall defending a free kick. Something like they have to be a metre away in any direction? I'm questioning this myself as I thought we still worked in Rees-Mogg imperial when it comes to football. 

18 hours ago, Pliny Harris said:

The third time we’ve topped the Conference table after three games since reforming. The fourth at any point during a season! Achieved under Aspin, Heath, Fullarton and now Wild. Will the latter keep it going beyond that?

No reason why not , plenty efforts on goal yesterday so hopefully they keep converting them 

40 minutes ago, neilstewart said:

Can’t rememberer anyone questioning Duckworth’s ability. The only concern has been how injury prone he can be and the fact that he hasn’t yet ( with us ) managed a full season. If he can stay fully fit and can put in 40+ games then with Brown and Clarke we probably have 3 of the best defenders in the league.

Nobody is or has, but some saying why isn't Hanson playing and simple fact is he can't get in the team 

19 hours ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Nobody is or has, but some saying why isn't Hanson playing and simple fact is he can't get in the team 

It obviously because he's had a bust up with Wild. 

2 minutes ago, Shaymen Stats said:

Always said on his day Duckworth is one of if not the best RB in this league, said it last season and still think so , I also like Hanson.

• Like 1

I think Hanson will be selected for the bench in one of the next three games . He isn't going to get the right back shirt with Duckworth in his current form so needs to be challenging Earing and Nolan as a reserve midfielder/wide man

We must remember when Hanson was on loan last season he got the MOM nearly every game. 

Then when he signed for us on a 2 year deal he didn't get in the team. This has continued into this season under a new manager. Not even making the bench.

How strange!!

He is one of our best players in my opinion. What a waste!!

Don't worry he will get his chance when Duckworth gets injured. If Duckworth manages a season without injury it must be a first, but I hope he does because he is on top form at the moment.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2019 at 9:07 AM, riccardo259 said:

Play doesn’t stop if the ball hits an official (either the ref of liner) as the are classed as part of the field of play. Play should only be stopped if an external object interferes with play, for example that goal for Sunderland (I think?) against Liverpool that rebounded off a beach ball. Should have been ruled out but was incorrectly allowed to stand.

Nope. New rule. Play stops when it hits ref

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Larriden100 said:

We must remember when Hanson was on loan last season he got the MOM nearly every game. 

Then when he signed for us on a 2 year deal he didn't get in the team. This has continued into this season under a new manager. Not even making the bench.

How strange!!

He is one of our best players in my opinion. What a waste!!

It does feel like a bit of a waste when we have 2 very strong players for the same position, especially when its full back, a position your not going to swap about.

I'd be considering a months loan for Hanson because if Duckworth were to pick up an injury you want a player with some fitness coming in and JH wont have it sat in the stand. 

42 minutes ago, shaymandownsouff said:

Nope. New rule. Play stops when it hits ref

only if

ball goes into the goal, team possession changes or a promising attack starts

15 minutes ago, rdj said:

only if

ball goes into the goal, team possession changes or a promising attack starts

The law change was introduced due to incidents like the one in the fourth tier of the Dutch league where the ref scored a goal!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1132323/Dutch-league-referee-scores-goal-bizarre/amp

4 hours ago, Shaymen Stats said:

What a load of Bullocks :)

• Haha 1