Sign in to follow this  
Shampoo

Bury

1 hour ago, Wilder Bollox said:

The only good thing about Calderdale Council is that by some miracle they still own The Shay

The ability to move, think & act at the pace of a sloth is the only reason we still have a stadium, a Piece Hall, a borough market & a nice Victorian town centre. It's as well the town fathers of the past had more foresight than the current crop.

• Like 1

Possible winners in the Bury saga?  Radcliffe had a 600 crowd yesterday.

As long as they don't defect to Rochdale!

Edited by shaykehands

12 hours ago, Shay said:

Feel very sorry the Bury fans 

Just read an article on the BBC website about 4 generations of Bury fans and how heartbreaking it is to them not just to lose their club but a way of life .

It's always the fans that suffer the most !!!!.

• Sad 3

37 minutes ago, monk said:

Just read an article on the BBC website about 4 generations of Bury fans and how heartbreaking it is to them not just to lose their club but a way of life .

It's always the fans that suffer the most !!!!.

Indeed. I honestly would be lost without the Shaymen 

1 hour ago, dj funky said:

Your lucky because you still can sell your sheds.

I’ve been in this morning agreeing asking price on a beautiful semi detached property in less than 24 hours. Didn’t even have a shed in the back garden. Think it’s a bit derogatory to call it a shed. I then stirred my coffee with my silver spoon. 

Edited by Shay
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Bolton back in deep **** game v donny tonight called off , could see both starting in conf north next season 

Bury very likely to be thrown out of the league this Friday ! Would assume all hands on deck to resurrect a Phoenix club at a high a level as possible hopefully 

Can anyone explain to me how they are still in the league? How can you forfeit 5 matches and still apparently be in the division? I feel sorry for the fans, of course - but they should already have been chucked out and I cannot fathom why they haven't been.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, greg45 said:

Can anyone explain to me how they are still in the league? How can you forfeit 5 matches and still apparently be in the division? I feel sorry for the fans, of course - but they should already have been chucked out and I cannot fathom why they haven't been.

Certainly given more slack than non-league.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, greg45 said:

Yep, seen some of their fans saying they haven’t started the season, but of course they have. They were in the fixtures and although they haven’t played any games (the fundamental part of the game) they are still there, somehow. 

5 hours ago, eddie said:

Bury ex chairman offer has been turned down by the current chairman, he's looking for a better deal.

Apparently the bid was from Norman Smurthwaite, so may have been wise to turn it down given his recent record. 

Got to admit it .. the league should have pulled the club on the first day of the season

many clubs have had to start from scratch.. find it odd the the national league  is tougher on clubs than the football league 

On 8/17/2019 at 12:20 PM, Wilder Bollox said:

The only good thing about Calderdale Council is that by some miracle they still own The Shay

Town are darned lucky to have a council that were willing to take on the ground.

Out of interest, how much does the club pay to the council each year for the privilege to play there ?

7 minutes ago, Don1864 said:

Town are darned lucky to have a council that were willing to take on the ground.

Out of interest, how much does the club pay to the council each year for the privilege to play there ?

Peanuts

Was circa £50k a year in rent I believe, may have risen slightly since then.
Sounds like we also get charged additional sums on top of this for stewarding costs, doctors etc. Would expect the actual figure is going to be nearer £75k.

Not peanuts, but not an insignificant amount either, especially when it also means we get nothing back from bar & food profits.
Discovering the council pay out around £8k a year on the summer pitch improvements I think they're the ones getting a better deal than either of the clubs who play there.

Edited by Bobbins

17 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Peanuts

In the scheme of things, £50k is most definitely cheap, especially considering that the club won't be responsible for maintenance/repairs etc.

As a comparison, Wrexham pay circa £200k a year lease for the right to use the Racecourse , then of course maintenance, repairs, stewarding, police etc are on top.

9 minutes ago, Bobbins said:

Was circa £50k a year in rent I believe, may have risen slightly since then.
Sounds like we also get charged additional sums on top of this for stewarding costs, doctors etc. Would expect the actual figure is going to be nearer £75k.

Those figures look about right.

I can't recall where I saw it, and it was a couple of years ago, however I believe we were paying around £4500 a month for the ground.

On top of that, we then take on the costs of the stewards, the doctors, any policing needed, plus our share of gas/electric/water etc.... 

Again, its going back a few years, however I believe that before we take into account any of the costs of stewards/doctors etc, it costs roughly £2000 a game to stage a game - which is one of the reasons why we shunt our WRCC game to different grounds. 

What does need to be weighed in is that we make no money on things like food or drink and unlike other clubs, can't rent out the pitch/ground on non match day to recoup money (Quite a few clubs with the plastic desi pitches make quite a bit of money by having games or events pretty much non stop)

I have no idea how the running costs of the ground are so high, considering what looks like minimal investment in the pitch, considering the Council pretty much takes a cut or all the money from everything else. They have both ourselves and the Rugby club playing there, have a monopoly on the food and drink sold there, have the car parking for all 7 days, have all the function rooms for the non match days that they can hire out (Which they do quite a bit), have the five a side courts, plus deals with the likes of HBOS for using it for fire drills and first aid etc... 

Edited by Flea