Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bubba

Spot on!

“I’m not going to sit at home worrying about Dagenham and Redbridge, I’m going to make sure that my lads are ready to go."

Too many managers spend their time worrying about the opposition, swapping, changing and setting up the team based on that. I appreciate you have to do your homework on the opposition but play to our strengths and let them worry about us.

We're the only team with a 100% record, sitting on top of the table, at home. They should be the ones worrying about how they're going to stop us.

2 hours ago, Bubba said:

“I’m not going to sit at home worrying about Dagenham and Redbridge, I’m going to make sure that my lads are ready to go."

Too many managers spend their time worrying about the opposition, swapping, changing and setting up the team based on that. I appreciate you have to do your homework on the opposition but play to our strengths and let them worry about us.

Indeed, it’s largely about focusing on how we play our game and if we do get beat by the better team then fair play

1 hour ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Fullarton did all the research but still stuck with the same tactics

This is something that used to infuriate me! Surely into our 20th winless game he must’ve thought it was time to try something new!

There was certainly an air of General Melchett about Fullarton's tactics against fellow strugglers. Sitting back and defending with the most rehearsed moves possible, because repeating the same moves for the 20th time is exactly what they'd least expect us to do.

6 hours ago, Bubba said:

So agree .. and then importantly if you see something in the game not working make a tactical adjustment or use a sub 

wild has done both in the games so far and as a result we won both games with second half goals 

12 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Fullarton did all the research but still stuck with the same tactics

The definition of insanity is often erroneously attributed to repeating the same actions over and over again and expecting different results. Despite this, it drove us fans to the point of insanity last season. 

8 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

A confident approach. Something we lacked until Dave, Duku and Hardy turned up last season.

Fair play to him and he really is a breath of fresh air.

Wasn’t just hardy .. it was also when JF finally started picking king 

4 hours ago, Nick said:

Wasn’t just hardy .. it was also when JF finally started picking king 

He picked King before but played defensively. The key player was Dave because we finally had a striker that could put the ball in the net.

44 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

He picked King before but played defensively. The key player was Dave because we finally had a striker that could put the ball in the net.

Agree but the chances were being created by the midfield of king and hardy  

would be curious to know the win rate for games king started last year 

1 hour ago, Nick said:

Agree but the chances were being created by the midfield of king and hardy  

would be curious to know the win rate for games king started last year 

He was playing well up to the Wimbledon game and was having a decent game in that match until he slid in for a challenge he was never going to make and for injured.

We then struggled again because we didn't have an outlet other than Kossy who basically counting down the hours till he left.

Wasn't just Fullarton. 

Heath did the same. Till he got the sack.

Even Aspin did it in the last bit of his stint. 

14 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Wasn't just Fullarton. 

Heath did the same. Till he got the sack.

Even Aspin did it in the last bit of his stint. 

As will Wild, it was backs to the wall for much of Tuesday so lets not pretend we went at Hartlepool from the off, Maher and Staunton in the middle of the park should tell you Wild wants to be solid first an foremost. 

We don't & haven't had the players in recent years to be able to 'dominate' games at this level and i don't expect it this season either but doesnt mean we cant be successful.

Didn't see much difference in our rearguard action Tuesday than last season to be honest, a little more going forward but the results tell the story so far.

24 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Didn't see much difference in our rearguard action Tuesday than last season to be honest, a little more going forward but the results tell the story so far.

Last 2 seasons we would have lost this game, we have a different mentality now.

1 hour ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Last 2 seasons we would have lost this game, we have a different mentality now.

Agree mentality different, as yet tactics not massively different, a willingness to change tactics around during the match the most obvious diffence.

1 minute ago, Roy Race said:

Agree mentality different, as yet tactics not massively different, a willingness to change tactics around during the match the most obvious diffence.

Think we have more pace going forward and Staunton getting in advanced positions, I think he will be more prominent as the season progresses.

Watch the highlights of Staunton running into the box at full speed to make the tap in 

dont think he ever got into the box last season in open play 

Maher and Staunton played two won two goal each six scored ... big difference to last season 

52 minutes ago, Nick said:

Watch the highlights of Staunton running into the box at full speed to make the tap in 

dont think he ever got into the box last season in open play 

Maher and Staunton played two won two goal each six scored ... big difference to last season 

Agreed Nick. Remember being impressed at the run from well within his own half. Great to see him on the end of it.