Bazza2al

Please...

1 hour ago, halifaxmark said:

£3 for cheesy chips....

Don’t get me going on cheesy chips....

Ok, you just did....

Thought I’d give em a go. Love cheesy chips, you know, when the cheese is all gooey & melted on top...

Thin paper bag of the thinnest “fries” imaginable & half a handful (yes, hand, no glove or utensil involved) of dry, processed, grated cheese sprinkled on top. 

“Erm, excuse me young man. Could you put some a bit more cheese on that please. A pound extra for half a  teaspoon is a bit out of order”

Decent sized handful (yes, hand, still no glove or utensil involved) lobbed on top. 

Brief sprinkle of vinegar & already the flimsy bag is showing signs of stress.

Last few mouthfuls I ate straight out of my hands as the bag had long since given up the ghost. :angry:

Oh, and the cheese never did melt & become the oozy mess I was looking forward to. 

Oh #2. NO BOVRIL. GET IN THE SEA WITH YOUR “STREET FOOD AT THE FOOTBALL” IDEAS. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Bazza2al said:

Don’t get me going on cheesy chips....

Ok, you just did....

Thought I’d give em a go. Love cheesy chips, you know, when the cheese is all gooey & melted on top...

Thin paper bag of the thinnest “fries” imaginable & half a handful (yes, hand, no glove or utensil involved) of dry, processed, grated cheese sprinkled on top. 

“Erm, excuse me young man. Could you put some a bit more cheese on that please. A pound extra for half a  teaspoon is a bit out of order”

Decent sized handful (yes, hand, still no glove or utensil involved) lobbed on top. 

Brief sprinkle of vinegar & already the flimsy bag is showing signs of stress.

Last few mouthfuls I ate straight out of my hands as the bag had long since given up the ghost. :angry:

Oh, and the cheese never did melt & become the oozy mess I was looking forward to. 

Oh #2. NO BOVRIL. GET IN THE SEA WITH YOUR “STREET FOOD AT THE FOOTBALL” IDEAS. 

Do they do a vegetarian option ie, without involving the lads hand?

Mushy peas must make a comeback. I can't accept any sprawling tea hut without them.

If you're going for the whole street food thing you may as well make it a Temujin or not bother.

• Thanks 1

Sounds petty but I don't rate the whole "Street food" malarkey. It's a foodball game not a food festival... Dave did say towards the end of last season though that he wasn't sure if he'd still he here and was thinking about packing it in, someone mentioned that they tried to increase his rent on his van been there, not sure how true this is. I remember my dad taking me in the Skircoat when I was younger and Dave was there then! He defo did over 10 years...

"Street food" is the name given to overpriced, underportioned food that can taste rubbish but still be branded in a way that makes people buy it. Don't trust it.

My top tip: If you go to Thai Corner in the Borough Market just before the game and stuff your pockets with £4 worth of tasty noodles, they should still be reasonably warm by the time you get into the ground.

• Like 1

Definitely please can we have him & his van back!!! 

Will not be partaking again with the current catering arrangement. Poor food, with very little variety on offer, served by disinterested staff is not to my liking. 

Please, ( sorry if being a pain) 

please can we have the whole of the south stand open,

its time to remove the plastic barriers,  it’s getting crammed behind  goal area , fans must agree, and exiting at the end of the game, is so slow , what if there is a fire drill, so , let’s all agree, and anybody’s knowledge of getting this implicated, via the council or

Mr Bosomeorth  could help 

• Like 1

Just now, pen21 said:

Please, ( sorry if being a pain) 

please can we have the whole of the south stand open,

its time to remove the plastic barriers,  it’s getting crammed behind  goal area , fans must agree, and exiting at the end of the game, is so slow , what if there is a fire drill, so , let’s all agree, and anybody’s knowledge of getting this implicated, via the council or

Mr Bosomeorth  could help 

It’s costs more money in stewards, and it makes the atmosphere better, so can’t see it opening anytime soon. Start averaging over 3000 and they may have to open it. But the foreseeable future it won’t be open.

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 8:06 AM, Shaymen1984 said:

That was the demise of Helli 

They weren't noodles, that was his real hair !

Being an EastStander all this is news to me but I remember EMC coming in and making a pig's ear of the catering. Not literally. Having visited both stands last season I'd say the chips from the van were way better than the chips from under the East Stand although I had some at the rugby today and they were really good (compared to match).