Sign in to follow this  
Hoddie

Busy month

Is August usually this busy? Anyways, two down, two points clear. Again.... not getting carried away - last two seasons have given us false dawns so we need to be cautious, but it does feel good all the same.

Remaining August fixtures:

10.08. Dag & Red (h)
13.08. Wrexham (a)
17.08. Aldershot (a)
24.08. AFC Fylde (h)
26.08. Barrow (a)
31.08. Solihull Moors (h)

A tough run of games except perhaps for Barrow. Come through that and still be in the mix, that'd qualify as a great start for the new manager.

29 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Is August usually this busy? Anyways, two down, two points clear. Again.... not getting carried away - last two seasons have given us false dawns so we need to be cautious, but it does feel good all the same.

10.08. Dag & Red (h)
13.08. Wrexham (a)
17.08. Aldershot (a)
24.08. AFC Fylde (h)
26.08. Barrow (a)

A tough run of games except perhaps for Barrow. Come through that and still be in the mix, that'd qualify as a great start for the new manager.

Agree, tough fixtures on paper, but we've looked good and I think we'll do well. Win the home games and draw the away ones and I'll be happy enough.

2 hours ago, Hoddie said:

10.08. Dag & Red (h)
13.08. Wrexham (a)
17.08. Aldershot (a)
24.08. AFC Fylde (h)
26.08. Barrow (a)

Love to get one over AFC Fylde & Kosi. No surprise we only had 1 booking tonight, oops yesterday :wacko: 

• Like 1

One thing for sure, when we go to Wrexham we will have our obligatory goal ruled out YET AGAIN.

Not looking further than Dagenham at the moment though. Confidence must be high, we are playing some really good stuff and for the first time in about 5 years I am actually feeling really excited about watching us play at The Shay. In recent years its often been the away days that have been better for the togetherness, however tonight at The Shay we actually had something to get behind and support, a team that was playing some good stuff, putting the right effort in and attempting to win a game.

Lets not run before we can walk. One game at a time, as we have had good starts before before falling aside. What is different this time is that we actually deserve to be top at this point (albeit only two games in). 

What we know from previous seasons is that for all the big names in this league, a good 90% of the teams are utter dreadful quality wise. We seem to have managed to get a bit of it and got the players playing well with each other. 

The other positive to take from the season so far is that we have goals coming from all over the team. Six scored in two games, all by different players. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hoddie said:

10.08. Dag & Red (h)
13.08. Wrexham (a)
17.08. Aldershot (a)
24.08. AFC Fylde (h)
26.08. Barrow (a)

Pretty confident with those, only Wrexham and Solihull give me any cause for concern!

9 hours ago, Hoddie said:

10.08. Dag & Red (h)
13.08. Wrexham (a)
17.08. Aldershot (a)
24.08. AFC Fylde (h)
26.08. Barrow (a)

In answer to the first question, yes, we played 7 games last August but the Saturday after the bank holiday was in September rather than August.Last season in August we won five of those seven and ended the month top. 

I think last season we had loads of different players contributing with goals too.

I'm very optimistic about the difference in playing style though. Sure, we'll hit a bump. With a squad as thin as ours it'll take a lot of luck to keep the quality consistently high once winter arrives.

8 hours ago, chrisbo61 said:

Pretty confident with those, only Wrexham and Solihull give me any cause for concern!

Wrexham flatter to deceive every season.Solihull look the real deal this season for me.

Just now, ashy1966 said:

Wrexham flatter to deceive every season.Solihull look the real deal this season for me.

Agreed, on Solidull... look strong! 

Chesterfield i think will be up there too.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ashy1966 said:

It must be a ball ache for the Wrexham fans, coming so close every season. Fair play to them though because they still back them week in week out.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2019 at 9:50 PM, Hoddie said:

10.08. Dag & Red (h)
13.08. Wrexham (a)
17.08. Aldershot (a)
24.08. AFC Fylde (h)
26.08. Barrow (a)

Think I’d be happy with 10 pts from that run of games, would keep us in the mix