Sign in to follow this  
born to moan

Jamie Fullarton

Anyone heard why he buggered off ?. Strange decision 3 weeks before season start. The favourite reason would be Bosomworth not putting enough money up for signings. Scot will know but he's not saying. Come on somebody must know.

Makes you wonder if some of the new signings he found as they have connections to the Scotish league & Palace ? 

He left cos he could not handle the blind pressure. At the moment he is on holiday in Egypt, he always wanted to see pyramids by all accounts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He's gone and whether we liked him or not it doesn't matter now. The players he brought in close season seem ok so lets leave it be and let Wild get on with what appears to be a very good job. Lets not keep harping back because it doesn't serve any purpose.

• Like 2

If things carry on as they were then we had one manager who paid the foundations of a very solid side last season, and a man who took it further this season. No gripes atm. Lovin lyf 2k19.

5 hours ago, malifax said:

Old news let's move on and be thankful he did do one

Indeed, it felt like we were left in the lurch a little at the time. But I was happy he left 

17 hours ago, Shaytrev said:

Was told tonight that he introduced an investor to the BOD who rejected the idea out of hand. Thank The Lord for that.

That’s an interesting story 

got a rich friend from the costa del crime to put up some money ...which he would spend ..as the bod did not bite .. he sulked and walked 

all speculation on my side .. but plausible.. well may be not.. 

Any gone now hoping peter wild works out.. good start so far 

On 8/6/2019 at 4:22 PM, born to moan said:

Anyone heard why he buggered off ?. Strange decision 3 weeks before season start. The favourite reason would be Bosomworth not putting enough money up for signings. Scot will know but he's not saying. Come on somebody must know.

He was unable to sign most of his targets and he wasn't happy with the budget. 

I also think the pressure got to him.

Fair play to the bloke because he held his hands up and said it's not for me. Many others would have stayed for the money.

23 minutes ago, Scot said:

JF left a foundation and a few signings in who have scored, contributed and could bring revenue to the shay ....look forward not back 

The same could be said of John Carroll but he is almost universally accepted as being Town's worst ever manager. He signed a handful of the club's 98 title-winning side but sticking with him would have led the club down an entirely different path. Odds are even a bad manager will make some good decisions.

1 hour ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Not always who you sign but how you manage them

If the first 2 games are anything to go by, we’ve got living proof.

someone mentioned in pre season sometimes it can be good team spirit. That is something that seems much more evident (so far) this season than last

1 hour ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Not always who you sign but how you manage them

Playing an injured Odelusi and Simon Lenighan over Cameron King for example...

It may just be me, however it appears that the players all seem to be a lot happier at the moment. We have the likes of Staunton who is clearly a very good footballer now being able to express himself. We have an attacking outlet and intent. 

The thing JF got right last season was how good we were defensively - however he got us great at the back by sacrificing any chance of playing football, by having everyone behind the ball, by killing creativity, by having every move, throw, kick pretty much set down in routine. Every corner, every free kick, every throw was exactly the same - and if something wasn't working we kept doing it regardless.

Two games in to this season and Wild has already done something that JF failed to do in his entire spell here - make a sub that changed the game for the better. Within minutes of Allen and Earing coming on on Saturday we took control of the game. We have also used all three subs in both games so far, compared to JF's continual refusal to sub players, even when they could barely move through exhaustion (Again, look back to the 4 games in a week farce that ended up with players blowing out of their arse 5 mins into the game at Torquay).

Under Wild I am genuinely optimistic of a very good season. I honestly feel players like Odelusi - who going on last seasons showing would go down as one of our worst players ever - could actually show they are of worth and use to us under a manager that seems to inspire the players to want to play. In the limited time Samni has played this season its almost like having a totally new player. 

If the BoD were to say "We are giving the manager X amount to spend to improve the team" I would feel more at ease now that Wild could get some decent talent in rather than had it been JF.

I do feel JF has what it takes to be a very good coach and when he was coaching the players pre match in the warm ups he looked like he knew what he was doing and looked comfortable. To me however he didn't have the transferable skills with management and I am now really interested to see what his next move will be - as in will he go back into management or focus more on coaching. I'm also left wondering who would offer JF a management job considering his walking out and failure to build a squad over the summer for us. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AJS said:

Wouldn’t be surprised to be see JF end up at BPA. They’ve sacked Garry Thompson after two 5-0 defeats. 

Very possible as they clearly have no idea how to run a football club :lol:

Looks like Aspin will be back in employment