Nick

Hartlepool today

Another great game, convincing performance and clean sheet where we dominated most of the play in front of a bumper home crowd, can't ask for much more. Felt we were in control for the vast majority, bar 5-10 mins or so after the first goal where they pressed us harder for an equaliser, aside from that they never really looked like scoring. Roll on Dagenham.

3 minutes ago, riccardo259 said:

Another great game, convincing performance and clean sheet where we dominated most of the play in front of a bumper home crowd, can't ask for much more. Felt we were in control for the vast majority, bar 5-10 mins or so after the first goal where they pressed us harder for an equaliser, aside from that they never really looked like scoring. Roll on Dagenham.

Hartlepools comms saying Halifax have won 3 easy points Halifax more clinical, when have we been able to say that.

Edited by Steve Lanzarote

Another win and a clean sheet. Wish I'd put a bet on because I predicted 2-0, although if I had we'd have lost.

After the terrible pre season this is a very good start. You can't do any better than 6 pts out of 6. Clarke deserves massive credit as does PW.

Anyway, onto Saturday.

• Like 3

Good to be back on this message board! Looks great! And! 2 great wins and 2 points clear at the top! Let’s hold on to that spot like our lives depend on it! I’m absolutely buzzing! 

were we not in a similar position last season? just hope we can maintain it this time,but whatever its looking bloomin good

• Like 1

Great start to the season so far. Performances have been better than 90% of last seasons games, we are looking to win games instead of trying to grind out a draw, it is so refreshing to hear. Hopefully Dagenham on Saturday will continue the same way and we can stay top of the league and unbeaten.

I wasn't convinced we had the right man when Pete Wild was announced as manager but I will give him the credit he is due in that he is delivering what he said he would and long may it continue.

• Like 1

We beat a darn good team tonight too. Cannot wait for Saturday, glad I got my ST, will be a lot people who wish they had. Can we hope for another 2000+ gate on Saturday as Dagenham will not bring many? Great turn out from The Poolies.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shaytrev said:

We beat a darn good team tonight too. Cannot wait for Saturday, glad I got my ST, will be a lot people who wish they had. Can we hope for another 2000+ gate on Saturday as Dagenham will not bring many? Great turn out from The Poolies.

Just over 2,000 from us as well trev.

Good all round performance. Tobi Sho Silva was our MOTM. Cameron King was on fire first half. Defence was its usual self tonight. Great attendance. Good to hear PW address the fans in the banqueting suite prior to the match...next time get him a microphone with better batteries! 

21 minutes ago, ysb said:

were we not in a similar position last season? just hope we can maintain it this time,but whatever its looking bloomin good

And the season before!

• Haha 1

Brilliant performance. Sho-Silva in particular was excellent. Held the ball up, never stopped running and deserved his goal. Thought Allen looked good when he came on too. Fancy us for another win on Saturday.

1 minute ago, Che Bentos said:

Good all round performance. Tobi Sho Silva was our MOTM. Cameron King was on fire first half. Defence was its usual self tonight. Great attendance. Good to hear PW address the fans in the banqueting suite prior to the match...next time get him a microphone with better batteries! 

Great performance and result but Tobi MOTM? I thought he was our worst player.

and the bench looking strong now;  Allen, Nolan and Earing would all be fine to start as needed, and McAlinden can back up Sho 
are Staunton & Maher playing different to last year ; can that pairing work? 

Danny Williams injury?

1 minute ago, Shaytrev said:

Great performance and result but Tobi MOTM? I thought he was our worst player.

He did the things are strikers didn't do last season. His hold up play was excellent and he was a real handful for their defenders. Granted that dribbling is not his forte and he could have had a hat trick in the second half but his second half goal was just reward for a hard night's graft. The lad never stopped! Who would you give it to? 

• Thanks 1

Wow, that was sensational and against a decent side. Didn’t hear one groan from the crowd and standing ovations from all after the game. Some cracking performances all over the field, but for me Allen at 7 was my MOM. Instant impact when he came on and his cross for Staunton’s goal was perfect. Only 2 games in but we couldn’t ask for anything more. 

Great start. We always do well at the start of the season at around 4/5 games then it goes tits up. This season feels much different and the players we have are better. 

Tonight i think everyone enjoyed watching Town. There’s a real buzz feeling within the club and it’s good to be back. 

Couldn’t ask for anymore and solid all over. 

Great atmosphere at the end and everyone played great tonight. 

Edited by TJAshton

1 minute ago, Che Bentos said:

He did the things are strikers didn't do last season. His hold up play was excellent and he was a real handful for their defenders. Granted that dribbling is not his forte and he could have had a hat trick in the second half but his second half goal was just reward for a hard night's graft. The lad never stopped! Who would you give it to? 

If Flea was still doing his 123 thing I’d go with 

1. Maher 2. Allen 3. Sho-Silva.

• Like 2