Nick

Hartlepool today

Just now, shaymandownsouff said:

I think a lot depends on if TSS is fit.

Looks like he went off with a knock on Saturday and we’ll really struggle without a recognised centre forward.

Hoping for a good result!

In the interview after game PW said TSS is fine he had just run himself into the ground and that he would be fit for Tues.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rdj said:

anyone seen us linked with Liam McAlinden CF ex Cheltenham?

His record doesn't look great on paper for a striker but he was playing on the wing for Kidderminster and assisted for fun. They all want him back

I think Town fans are in for an absolute treat tonight. I don’t say this lightly, but Cam King was at Dan Gardner levels on Saturday.

That ability on the ball that means you don’t need pace, you can just glide past players. The only way Ebbsfleet could stop him was hacking him down.

Special player and would be very surprised if he’s still with us at the end of the season

• Like 2

1 minute ago, shaymandownsouff said:

I think Town fans are in for an absolute treat tonight. I don’t say this lightly, but Cam King was at Dan Gardner levels on Saturday.

That ability on the ball that means you don’t need pace, you can just glide past players. The only way Ebbsfleet could stop him was hacking him down.

Special player and would be very surprised if he’s still with us at the end of the season

We already knew that Cameron King was at least decent at this level, but if he's getting to Gards levels of untouchability, where's that been hiding!?

3 hours ago, Nick said:

Wonder what Hartlepool fans think of our team on paper ? 

Assuming the can write 

Ha, the irony eh Nick ;)

• Like 1

Tonight’s pitch will be like a bowling green and will help us with our fast passing & moving play. Wild most certainly won’t go defensive at home as he wants to impress the fans and what better way to start at home to Hartlepool. 

Think he might start Allen, Williams and J King upfront tonight. But the pitch should suit or new style of play. 

Really looking forward to this game 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shaymandownsouff said:

I think a lot depends on if TSS is fit.

Looks like he went off with a knock on Saturday and we’ll really struggle without a recognised centre forward.

Hoping for a good result!

Unless we sign another at 7pm......B)

33 minutes ago, Jmc said:

Maybe a revised crowd prediction , Hartlepool reckon bringing around 300 ish 

Tbf 3-400 would be a very good turn out, its a 200 mile round trip on a Tuesday night off the back of a home defeat to Sutton for them. 

25 minutes ago, eddies mate said:

Unless we sign another at 7pm......B)

I was hoping we may get Rodney on loan if the rumour that Salford were seeking to take Moult on loan from PNE came to fruition (although he did not play in the bounce game Salford v PNE today) but the suggested  McAlinden move might scupper that

Hope it doesnt go to his head,we need him

18 minutes ago, rdj said:

I was hoping we may get Rodney on loan if the rumour that Salford were seeking to take Moult on loan from PNE came to fruition (although he did not play in the bounce game Salford v PNE today) but the suggested  McAlinden move might scupper that

Already confirmed to be joining Derby in the new year.

I disagree.

I think Kings performance on Saturday was easily a cut above anything Gardner did for us. His performance on Saturday was dominant - and came against a team that spent the entire game trying to hack him down. I can't recall a better individual performance by a player in a Town shirt for a long time.

If Cameron can get anywhere near that sort of consistency then his stay in Non League won't last much longer. 

• Like 3

It must have been a cunning master plan by our previous Manager not to play him.

Well done that man :blink:

Really looking forward to seeing how we approach the game. Hoping for a far more offensive approach than JF. New manager has talked a good game so far and Saturdays result was fantastic. But can we adapt an aggressive style at the Shay? Fingers and everything else crossed. 

4 hours ago, Pliny Harris said:

We already knew that Cameron King was at least decent at this level, but if he's getting to Gards levels of untouchability, where's that been hiding!?

Smothered by J F. 

• Like 1

Actually expecting something from tonight's match, so I'm sure I'll be disappointed by 9:45pm. Hartlepool were tipped by a few as being capable of pushing for the play-offs this season, though I'm not sure why.

Anyway, get to see the new home kit for the first time, a pitch that you could eat your dinner off, and a positive bunch of town fans who just want to see some entertainment. After the best opening day of the season since Buxton and Colwyn Bay under Aspin, and with a vastly different playing style already evident from the Oldham friendly and Saturday's supreme display, it's hard not to be looking forward to our next test.

Wish I was there, but with my season ticket I'm there in spirit.

The key is not getting carried away, or being too upset if/when things go badly. Unless this year's another '98, bad results are bound to happen. The manner of defeat (heads down, threw the towel in, etc.) and how they bounce back will tell you more about this squad and this manager than an opening day 4-1 win ever will.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

The key is not getting carried away, or being too upset if/when things go badly. Unless this year's another '98, bad results are bound to happen. The manner of defeat (heads down, threw the towel in, etc.) and how they bounce back will tell you more about this squad and this manager than an opening day 4-1 win ever will.

Hoddie why not get carried away as I have said before we have to be successful this season we have to make the playoffs for this ST offer to work, it hasn´t for this season but have a good season this season and it will next year, no we won´t win every game and we will have some disastrous results but as long as we play to win I believe the fans will be happy. We seem to have signed some good young players and along with Cam King stepping up  a couple of notches things look good. Long may it last.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Correct, main thing is to stay behind the lads. Early goal, sending off, a lack of clinical finishing or any other aspect could throw them off tonight and they’re not under some spell to play ticky-tacky football that sees a goal every 20 minutes. Let’s keep real whether they dazzle us again or disappoint.

37 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Hoddie why not get carried away 

Because it's too early imo. I agree we need a good season and should set out to win every game.