Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TJAshton

Welcome Pete Wild

Nathan Clarke was "apparently" asked if he was interested in doing his coaching badges, not a sign he was going to be the next FCHT manager. Maybe they have designs on him being involved in the youth set up? Who knows? Only Nathan and the Chairman. I would be massively shocked if Nathan took his ball home and didn't carry on from last season. He is a pro footballer paid to play football, that I expect is what he will do. 

11 hours ago, Shaytrev said:

Most of the comments are positive, stop being negative Nick.

Finally got round to reading the second half of the thread ..certainly better comments in the second half 

reflecting those perhaps who have thought before posting :) 

Just now, Papa Lazarou said:

Nathan Clarke was "apparently" asked if he was interested in doing his coaching badges, not a sign he was going to be the next FCHT manager. Maybe they have designs on him being involved in the youth set up? Who knows? Only Nathan and the Chairman. I would be massively shocked if Nathan took his ball home and didn't carry on from last season. He is a pro footballer paid to play football, that I expect is what he will do. 

People have feelings too besides being professional footballers.

3 minutes ago, Bubba said:

He has been sh#t on only if he was promised the job and then wasnt given it.

I agree!! It may even be the case that DB and Clarky spoke prior to the Interview process and DB invited Clarky to take part in that process as part of his learning curve for future use? None of us are privy to what has gone on behind those doors.

Just for the record, I will give full support to Mr Wild but I cant say I'm overly happy with the choice. Having said that, I've no idea who the other options were.

3 hours ago, Roy Race said:

A little underwhelming but how do you guarantee a successful manager. Find it difficult to see the difference in potential to Clarke but we were not party to interviews so heho.

My sense very different to Clarke 

clarke a player all his life .. no real coaching  or manager experience 

wild .. a coach all his life. Some but a little manager experience .. no playing experience 

two totally different sets of footballing experience .. harnessed together and you could have a great management team 

nick 

1 minute ago, Forever a Shayman said:

People have feelings too besides being professional footballers.

Agree 100% but it won't be the first knockbackhe has had, and I really think again it's people trying to create a situation that may not even be there. The manager has said he wants to draw on the experince of Clarke and Brown. Clarke applied, didn't get the job along with 48 others, he will be on the training pitch giving his all 

Apparently Craig Harrison was one of the leading contenders so if it’s Pete Wild or Harrison it’s Pete Wild every time for me he gets my support but I think we have made a big mistake but I won’t be calling for his head by the end of August like a few others will be .

1 minute ago, Forever a Shayman said:

Apparently Craig Harrison was one of the leading contenders so if it’s Pete Wild or Harrison it’s Pete Wild every time for me he gets my support but I think we have made a big mistake but I won’t be calling for his head by the end of August like a few others will be .

Same 

Just now, TJAshton said:

Same 

lets hope this air of non positivity is not being shared with your friends and colleagues if they are still considering whether to buy a season ticket

I'm a huge fan of NC but it would be a bigger gamble to appoint a manager whose only experience is a few preseason friendlies. Let's hope NC has the opportunity to work alongside PW in some capacity in order to give him further experience. 

I have a feeling he will do very well for you given time. Glowing reports of his style of play, decent enough win rate in games managed, and seems like he could be one who is likeable too. 

Top half finish. 

10 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

Just read a good interview in which Pete says his philosophy is all out attack. He also says that he's a big fan of the Baader Meinhof Gang.

Oh FFS, not again. Damn you Oldham.

Where's this interview? 

1 hour ago, Forever a Shayman said:

Bosmworth has sh#t on Nathan Clarke don’t be surprised if he wants to leave Halifax Town and that would be a massive loss not just as a player but as a Halifax lad 

How. How many times in any walk of life do you apply for a job for the first time and get it?. (Talking about managerial roles)  The board made the right choice if they were the final 2. 

When it comes to Clarke retiring i'd be surprised if he was allowed to leave the club without being offered a coaching role. 

But right now we need him on the pitch. The defense is the only stable part of this team 

might make for an interesting game on Tuesday. Maybe ask Oldham to play some good youngsters we might be interested in.

Wonder if Pete Wild will be at the season ticket distribution tonight.

16 minutes ago, Greggs said:

How. How many times in any walk of life do you apply for a job for the first time and get it?. (Talking about managerial roles)  The board made the right choice if they were the final 2. 

When it comes to Clarke retiring i'd be surprised if he was allowed to leave the club without being offered a coaching role. 

But right now we need him on the pitch. The defense is the only stable part of this team 

Agree.........we know Clarke applied but do we actually have any evidence that it was between Clarke & Wild in the end or is it just 'apparently'?

I look forward to half of this forum getting totally carried away by the end of August. Either when we are top of the league (anyone remember JF’s start to last season...?) and Wild is the best thing since sliced bread, or when we are anywhere else in the league, and Wild was a cheap appointment made on purpose by DB to annoy Clarke.

And to top it off, we STILL won’t have heard what Stuart Peacock had for breakfast last Monday.

Didn't Wild have to clear up the mess left by Paul Scholes' managerial stint at Oldham?

I really do like that Wild has tried to play attacking football at Oldham. After the boring football served up by Heath and Fullerton, we really are due a bit of entertainment.

Even though Wild's experience is limited, I don't put him in the Kelly/ Fullerton bracket. They both came with a record of about 12 games in charge, very unsuccessful, and both were sacked after a heavy home defeat. Wild's record at Oldham is much more respectable, and he has some successes to show. And the positive view the Oldham fans have of him is encouraging. Also he will know many of the players in our geographic area.

He has my backing, let's hope this one works out, and he proves to be the new Keith Hill!

14 hours ago, Shaymen on the hill said:

is he any better then Fullarton.  Not even a ex player, a fan who supported Oldham becoming their manager.  Too much of a gamble.  I predict he be gone by Christmas.

Bloody hell man. Who did you expect? Zidane? 

Stupid comment. If it turns out we're bottom at Christmas fine, get rid, but what's the point in being so negative on day 1?

15 hours ago, last_chance_saloon said:

I'm pretty sure there are employment laws they have to follow, offering different salaries to different people is discrimination. 

You’re right in that there are employment laws.

However discrimination is perfectly legal, after all you discriminate when deciding to offer a job to one person and not another. The exception is that discrimination on a very limited number of protected characteristics (eg race, religion, gender) is illegal.

Offering different salaries to different people is perfectly legal, and very common.

On no the negative guys are back to posting on this thread this morning.. it had improved last night .. obviously some of you got out of the wrong side of bed and are making your usual rather silly statements on somebody you don’t know or have never met 

just for once have a neutral but open mind .. instead of this ill informed speculative tripe you are posting 

I have no idea whether he is amazing or awful .. but he has 100 percent of my support 

good luck gaffer you will need it with a small section of our support just ready to stab you in the back 

but don’t listen to that lot the majority are fair open minded decent supporters who will give you the support you want 

nick 

He's the man at the Helm and as fans he has to be given every chance that any other manager would have got,yes some would have liked x y and z but we got what we got. Lets see how he turns out,he may be a bit of a gem and he may be a lemon,who knows. Give him the support,let him know he has support and then and only then may he have a fighting chance.