TJAshton

Welcome Pete Wild

I’m guessing Wild may have already chose his targets and may have mentioned this in his interview 

This appointment is a big gamble, but that’s football, might work out, time will tell. Look forward to his first interview and if it isn’t full of riddles and blind pressure then that’s a good start

Edited by Grayski

Just now, Juryeff said:

So now we have a new manager let’s get down to the nitty gritty and ask...

What’s the curry night going to be called?

Pete’s pakora and pasanda night?

Wilds Family Naan Night. 

Just now, Juryeff said:

Haha Pete’s pakora for me 

Welcomes to the club ,Pete , good luck your going to need it .

34 years old , wasn't even born when I started supporting the club .

At first I thought we had employed the chap who had hits with 'Sinful' and 'Story of the Blues '

15 minutes ago, AJS said:

If Nolan or Wyatt/Booty for that matter sign for us, you’ve got to question, has Wild seen them play? Was he at Doncaster or Darlington? Has he seen them previously?

In terms of general recruitment, I do worry about a potential lack of contacts. He’s got a big job to do in just over a week. Tough ask for anyone 

Anyone who's applied for the Job i would have thought would come and check out the goods so to speak during the recruitment process. Maybe he was the only one to do so 

No issue with a gamble if on a 1 year rolling appt as can get rid with no real damage , if a 3 year deal then that’s mental 

Ffs why as he got no contacts muppets he works in the football industry he will know and of seen players all over England    Sometimes I am embarrassed to be a shayman good luck bring me Dan and am happy 

17 minutes ago, Shaymen2008 said:

Underwhelmed by this appointment. Would of thought that experience was needed to steady the club and give it the best shot of achieving a top half finish to keep the growing season ticket holders happy. Whilst this new guy could be anything he has spent his limited football life at one club so presumably his contacts are with Oldham and there youth set up. Is this going to be another Heath, signing players from his old club, except this time it will probably be youngsters? At least the 33/1 on offer for us to win the league won't shorten up nor the odds for the play offs.

Apparently Peter Wilde knows all players in Leagues 1 2 Conference & north (stated in one of Athletics forums) part of his remit as youth coach was to run a check on all available players.

If their forum is anything to go by, a few may pop across to see his progress. There is no animosity against him or us, which is nice to see.

Lots of fans profiles are linked with Rick Holden. That was a good player:)

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

I think Bosomworth has got it right this time. Just spent a while reading Oldham message board, not a bad word said about him. Personally I think he had the job before those interviews began. 

Are we still 200/1 for promotion?

I saw him on telly after the Fulham game and he seemed a genuinely nice guy. Pretty quiet and understated and he came across as a bit shy and was awestruck at being live on telly.

I get the feeling the squad will like him because he seemed a really nice chap.

• Like 2

Gut feeling, good appointment. Will work to a tight budget, bring in some decent players. Let's give him a chance. All the best Pete.

Edited by born to moan
  • Like 1

Just now, Nick said:

Just read half of this thread before I got totally fed up of of some of the total crap being written on here 

You call yourself supporters half of you have just slated a guy you know nothing about, and the club you say you support. then cover your own arses by saying you hoping he succeeds, while predicting he will be sacked by Xmas ,,, hoping it’s a short contract..or that he was the cheap..  that he has no contacts .. must be good with a ppt ... etc .. with your mealy mouthed  support he has an up hill battle already 

shaymen til we die 

not shaymen when I can be bothered 

nick 

Wtf, I'm the only one that's negative about this appointment

Just now, Wilder Bollox said:

Wtf, I'm the only one that's negative about this appointment

You should change your tag to Born to moan more than Born to moan. Support and have faith.

7 minutes ago, Nick said:

Just read half of this thread before I got totally fed up of of some of the total crap being written on here 

You call yourself supporters half of you have just slated a guy you know nothing about, and the club you say you support. then cover your own arses by saying you hoping he succeeds, while predicting he will be sacked by Xmas ,,, hoping it’s a short contract..or that he was the cheap..  that he has no contacts .. must be good with a ppt ... etc .. with your mealy mouthed  support he has an up hill battle already 

shaymen til we die 

not shaymen when I can be bothered 

nick 

No negative posts please Nick. This is a joyous occasion and you're lowering the tone.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

All seem quite positive nick in all fairness. Some negative and positive which you were always going to Get. Just get over it Nick it’s football ffs! There’s millions of football fans out there and not every one agrees with everything. It’s part and parcel of the game and the sooner you realise that the better. 

He's trolling. Don't feed him.

37 minutes ago, Juryeff said:

Pete’s pie & pea p!ss up

• Like 2

After being initially underwhelmed by the appointment, I have taken some time to gather my thoughts and assess the positives and negatives and I do have to say I am now quite pleased about our prospects under Wild. Very well liked at Oldham, showing astute tactical nouse as shown in his giant killing of Fulham and his near 50% win percentage after taking over a struggling side whilst having to deal with a meddling owner. Only 34 and his record of delivering entertaining AND most importantly effective football at youth and senior level may well breathe new life into club and send us in a positive direction. His focus on youth is particularly interesting and this may well see the likes of Taylor and Freedman coming through the youth team and coached by the new manager. Hopefully we can all pull together and get behind Wild who deserves our full support and backing. I’m excited to see who he brings in and I’m looking forward to a successful season fingers crossed!

• Like 4

Fully behind the Wild Bunch until I have reason not to be!

Very encouraged by Latics fans’ comments, which fill a bit of the void in the young unknown. Clearly he hasn’t called Martin McGuinness a legend, we know that much.

Our first millennial manager.

Interesting appointment. He’ll have to hit the floor running. I’ll reserve judgment until Christmas, when we’ll be able to see 1. If he’s a good judge of players, as we are still well short of a full squad and need new bodies in. 2. Can he motivate (JF’s big weakness). 3. If he plays attacking football (a problem for our last 2 managers). Would be interesting to know why he left Oldham. Personal reasons????? I hope he makes Clarke his assistant and Brown his Captain. Come on Town.