TJAshton

Welcome Pete Wild

18 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

FFS. Is it a thing now that managers all have stooges to deal with the fans on social media and forums? 

FFS. Is it a thing now that managers all have stooges to deal with the fans on social media and forums? 

2 hours ago, Forever a Shayman said:

Anyone wanting to know why Pete Wild left Oldham cue the new Scot of Shaymen.net Halifaxwisher hewill have the answers ?

2 hours ago, eddies mate said:

21 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

2 hours ago, Forever a Shayman said:

Anyone wanting to know why Pete Wild left Oldham cue the new Scot of Shaymen.net Halifaxwisher hewill have the answers ?

2 hours ago, eddies mate said:

If you mean me hoddie then far from av been nothing but nice

Edited by halifaxwisher

29 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

I have no major issues with it, just another viewpoint on a forum.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

I have no major issues with it, just another viewpoint on a forum.

I tried to reciprocate on their forum but my registration is still awaiting approval 12 hours later. :(

1 hour ago, SteveM said:

Have we ever appointed a manager in the past who’d previously had a very short spell managing Oldham?

Just wondering

If you think it was bad for us, you have to feel for our chairman when it quickly dawned on his that he had been sold the equivalent of a category B car. He's a great guy DB and, like The Who, he won't get fooled again (hopefully). 

5 hours ago, Scot said:

Good luck Pete Wild ... hardly an ideal time or preparation but lots to be positive about at the club

Best of luck to the new manager ... let’s hope they start well 

Please keep contributing on here Scot your comments are well appreciated and your views we cannot all agree all or some of the time but you have been a great contributor don’t become a stranger and let us know how JF gets on in the Future,I am sure he has a good job to get somewhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteveM said:

Have we ever appointed a manager in the past who’d previously had a very short spell managing Oldham?

Just wondering

Surely can’t be as bad as woeful Kelly... no one can be? if he is then I do give up

Just now, Forever a Shayman said:

Please keep contributing on here Scot your comments are well appreciated and your views we cannot all agree all or some of the time but you have been a great contributor don’t become a stranger and let us know how JF gets on in the Future,I am sure he has a good job to get somewhere.

Slightly Vom inducing, but each to their own.

JF goes and Scot virtually disappears 

Hmmmmmm...

Yes, well good luck JF however I’m glad you have left, and hopefully we are from now on playing to actually win rather than attempting not to lose!

aka the scoreless draw

Hope you have learnt something from your time with us though

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Grayski said:

Slightly Vom inducing, but each to their own.

JF goes and Scot virtually disappears 

Hmmmmmm...

Yes, well good luck JF however I’m glad you have left, and hopefully we are from now on playing to actually win rather than attempting not to lose!

aka the scoreless draw

Hope you have learnt something from your time with us though

Look forward not back 

JF kept town up and changed things behind the scenes which Wild can build on ... Hanson , Earring and others are players who can develop and hopefully bring revenue 

Focus on positives for the club ... JF showed that Town can compete against the ‘big’ teams ... it just needs that consistently over a full season.

JF gets pelters from some ....but folk at the club will see where they were behind the scenes and where they are now 

as much as it will annoy some... I’ll keep listening in and hope town do well

Get behind the new guy and support the team ... the basis is there 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Hoddie said:

Why so bitter Hoddie ;)

I enjoyed the banter with Scott. It made a refreshing change to see things from the Managers view point occasionally. Just a a shame that JF didn't live up to expectations, it went terribly downhill after the first 5 games of last season.

We shouldn't be all at each others throat all the time, Who knows, with a bit of luck this coming season may be one to remember for the right reasons.

Edited by Macam blue
  • Like 2

Has anyone else noticed how much hotter it's got since Wild took over? It's ruddy boiling, hottest day on record.

Well he can ruddy stop this off, I'm telling you. Say what you want about Fullarton but at least it wasn't as ruddy hot when he was in charge. I can't ruddy get to ruddy sleep.

Get it on't ruddy deck. What? It's covered in ruddy bugs? Get BFG and Heath back. They never played it on't deck once.

:blink:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

Has anyone else noticed how much hotter it's got since Wild took over? It's ruddy boiling, hottest day on record.

Well he can ruddy stop this off, I'm telling you. Say what you want about Fullarton but at least it wasn't as ruddy hot when he was in charge. I can't ruddy get to ruddy sleep.

Get it on't ruddy deck. What? It's covered in ruddy bugs? Get BFG and Heath back. They never played it on't deck once.

:blink:

Absolutely took the dog for a walk and got bitten by flying ants. What’s that all about? Eh, Wildy?

The guy from the frozen North never did that. Dour and boring. His weather was as bad as his football. 

• Like 1

Just read his interview with us this morning. Seems a down to earth genuine guy that’s not promising anything at all and doesn’t talk a load of bollocks. 

Goes on about how he’s happy with the team and has looked at the trialists and wants to also bring in his own players too. He wants players to sign who can compete with the big clubs in this league. 

Sounds very promising and how quickly it’s turned from what was seeming to be a terrible start has now turned to a positive,  excited vibe. 

• Like 2

Sounds like he has plenty of trialists available to choose from, lets hope he finds a gem among them. Accepts we have a strong defence & wants more speed up top with some attacking flare.

It might take a few weeks to gel, but lets give him our support & enjoy the football.

• Like 1

Just now, Steve Lanzarote said:

Right type of manager time will tell if he is the right one. Fingers crossed. I´m still looking to the playoffs nothing less.

By the tone of his latest interview, that is the direction he expects us to go as well :)