Jump to content
TJAshton

Welcome Pete Wild

Recommended Posts

New Town Manager. 

Well not the choice we were probably hoping for but let’s get behind him and hope for a good season. 

Get some signings done now and let’s TRY look forward to the season 

Edited by TJAshton
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

New Town Manager. 

Well not the choice we were probably hoping for but let’s get behind him and hope for a good season. 

Get some signings done now and let’s TRY look forward to the season 

Agree let’s support him, but don’t understand This appointment unless it’s a sort of trio thing between Wild, Clarke & Browny if you know what I mean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, shaymen down under said:

Agree let’s support him, but don’t understand This appointment unless it’s a sort of trio thing between Wild, Clarke & Browny if you know what I mean.

To be fair, seems decent pedigree, let's give him a chance. I fully support him and look go to seeing him bring success. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm surprised. I assume the club owners want Clarke to continue concentrating on playing. I do worry it's another naive decision by the board but let's hope it's the right decision.

Best of luck to pete.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whilst I don't think the appointment is the worst one in the world, I have to say I'm absolutely gutted for Clarke here. Really shown why he has a good future as a manager in this transitional period, and for him to not be part of the coaching setup whatsoever is baffling 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll get behind him, but if the rumours are true that he and Clarke were the final two, it appears we have AGAIN gone for the cheap inexperienced options. That hasn’t worked out well before but hoping Pete can buck the trend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do wonder what contacts he will have. Know little about him but looks like hes a one club man. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lewis said:

Whilst I don't think the appointment is the worst one in the world, I have to say I'm absolutely gutted for Clarke here. Really shown why he has a good future as a manager in this transitional period, and for him to not be part of the coaching setup whatsoever is baffling 

This is my only concern, I really do hope that DB has taken Clarke into consideration when making this appointment and that Wild, Clarke, Etc have got their heads together already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bubba said:

I do wonder what contacts he will have. Know little about him but looks like hes a one club man. 

My thoughts exactly.

I really do wish him well, obviously but I feel the board have gone for the wrong man. I bet Clarke is bitterly disappointed.

Anyway, good luck Wild and I hope your time at The Shay is a successful one.

Does it say how long a contract he's on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have big reservations on Mr B’ s budget choice and am worried Clarke will just take the hump. Happy to be proved wrong , perhaps his MS PowerPoint skills are top drawer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shocked at this appointment maybe because he’s someone I haven’t heard of or no nothing about,  gutted for n r but welcome to the club Pete wild and good luck for the coming season, let’s get behind him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, last_chance_saloon said:

Could be a revelation. If it was between him and Clarke and Wild got the job, he must have been good. 

Let's support him. 

We know how easy DB is to flannel. I wouldn't read too much into it. One flick of a PowerPoint and DB thinks he's in Star Wars.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Papa Lazarou said:

Comments from people who have worked with him who I Know 

"Very very good in the coaching and development of players" 

"Wild plays good attacking football keeps thing simple"

Sounds good to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He won more games than lost in league 2 so it’s better than Kelly and Fullarton. Not gonna slate him now so just gotta get behind him and looks like he created a decent relationship with the fans so let’s hope he does the same with us 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Papa Lazarou said:

Comments from people who have worked with him who I Know 

"Very very good in the coaching and development of players" 

"Wild plays good attacking football keeps thing simple"

That will do me if it comes to fruition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...