Sign in to follow this  
Pliny Harris

Oldham away

6 hours ago, Nick said:

Coincidence 

if we had signed a manager it would be announced .. can’t believe a guy is organising fixtures when he hasn’t yet signed a contract ...

so don’t think he is it 

As usual totally wrong there :)!

5 hours ago, nw3casc1 said:

Lets all get across to Oldham...nice away day.

As Chadders has mentioned it was always freezing there on the open terrace behind the goals.

It's a tough one to get to by train.

9 hours ago, themanwhowasntthere said:

A bit of a nostalgia trip for you, T.?

Crikey yes, pretty sure my dad took me to a game there whilst I was still a school kid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chadders said:

Crikey yes, pretty sure my dad took me to a game there whilst I was still a school kid.

Was the game in black and white :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chadders said:

very droll

I heard it was played in silence to the music of a ragtime piano too. Shame the East Stand fired its pianist or we’d get the same effect today.

20 minutes ago, Pliny Harris said:

I heard it was played in silence to the music of a ragtime piano too. Shame the East Stand fired its pianist or we’d get the same effect today.

Still a fair few 'pianists' int' Stands! :wacko:

Edited by DavidB86

14 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

It's a tough one to get to by train.

I got back from Oldham easily after FCUM last year. Tram to Rochdale, train to Halifax. 

• Like 1

Just now, Erik Everhard said:

I think we'll take a couple of hundred over there tomorrow.

Be interesting to see who the trialists are and if there's any sign of Dan Gardner.

Oldham game is Tuesday. We've got a 'training fixture' tomorrow. Think it's a football league side.

Gardner is out injured till late August/Early September based on an interview I read from him the other day

Just now, AJS said:

Oldham game is Tuesday. We've got a 'training fixture' tomorrow. Think it's a football league side.

Gardner is out injured till late August/Early September based on an interview I read from him the other day

Ah, cheers mate. All a bit confusing.

6 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

I think we'll take a couple of hundred over there tomorrow.

Be interesting to see who the trialists are and if there's any sign of Dan Gardner.

100% :blink:

Training Day game today, read in the interview as tho it was our squad players mixed with trialists against similar at our training ground. Don't believe it is against another team today, but could have miss read it ;)

I read it to mean that Peter Wilde was using it to whittle the trialists down to those he felt would be a good fit + some extra game time for the squad.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Macam blue said:

Training Day game today, read in the interview as tho it was our squad players mixed with trialists against similar at our training ground. Don't believe it is against another team today, but could have miss read it ;)

I read it to mean that Peter Wilde was using it to whittle the trialists down to those he felt would be a good fit + some extra game time for the squad.

We could find out about new signings ie trialists by Monday 

1 minute ago, SHAY man said:

We could find out about new signings ie trialists by Monday 

Think Wild will start making decisions on trialists after Tuesdays game more than likely. Says he doesn’t want to rush into signings but that’s probably the latest he can leave it 

2 hours ago, Macam blue said:

Congratulations, for being the first to spell his name wrongly!

• Like 2