Jump to content
PeterPan

When will there be an announcement?

Recommended Posts

Just now, vinnyweknuts said:

DB will be conflicted as he loves a cheapo option but knows another rookie failure will be disastrous

He will go for cheap option then :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Che Bentos said:

Did that precede the Zoo Bar? 

Same time. Zoo Bar in one bit and the Empire in the other. Empire played heavy rock.

Edited by Erik Everhard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, vinnyweknuts said:

I would imagine that JF will perhaps have negotiated a way out, so it shouldn't be a shock!

How much compensation would he have to pay us for breaking his contract? Surely these things should work both ways?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Erik Everhard said:

Same time. Zoo Bar in one bit and the Empire in the other. Empire played heavy rock.

Wasn't that the Tramshed? Only nightclub in Halifax that would let you in with a Town shirt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, andrich said:

How much compensation would he have to pay us for breaking his contract? Surely these things should work both ways?

I would never trust “mutual consent” or “resigns” as any indication that money didn’t pass hands 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Wasn't that the Tramshed? Only nightclub in Halifax that would let you in with a Town shirt. 

Tramshed was after the Empire. Empire shut early 90's and then the Tramshed opened after. I think it was called the Tramshed many moons before but I might be wrong on the last bit. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, greygoose said:

Do people really think there's such a thing as a cheap manager? 

Of course there are, loads in lower divisions looking to prove themselves for peanuts (at least not £80k which JF is supposed to have been on). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Erik Everhard said:

Tramshed was after the Empire. Empire shut early 90's and then the Tramshed opened after. I think it was called the Tramshed many moons before but I might be wrong on the last bit. 

Tramshead was in George's square next door to what was Scene & Heard record shop 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Tramshead was in George's square next door to what was Scene & Heard record shop 

Tramshed was next to the Zoo Bar back in 1998 though it may have been elsewhere at other times for all I know. It was notorious for letting in underage drinkers, and you could freely move between the two venues after paying admission to one of them. The open air area around the back was a great place to watch two very different sets of drinkers mingle. I once watched a guy in biker leathers stick a knitting needle through a hole in his stomach right the way through to another hole in his back, while on the next picnic table someone was snorting cocaine. It was about as crazy as Halifax got in my experience unless you were brave enough to go in the Orange Bar to see the weekly punch ups on a weekend. For a time the Tramshed was where everyone in Siddal seemed to end up on a Saturday night, so I usually ended up there too - Town shirt and all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Tramshed was next to the Zoo Bar back in 1998 though it may have been elsewhere at other times for all I know. It was notorious for letting in underage drinkers, and you could freely move between the two venues after paying admission to one of them. The open air area around the back was a great place to watch two very different sets of drinkers mingle. I once watched a guy in biker leathers stick a knitting needle through a hole in his stomach right the way through to another hole in his back, while on the next picnic table someone was snorting cocaine. It was about as crazy as Halifax got in my experience unless you were brave enough to go in the Orange Bar to see the weekly punch ups on a weekend. For a time the Tramshed was where everyone in Siddal seemed to end up on a Saturday night, so I usually ended up there too - Town shirt and all.

Happy days. The zoo bar was the closest thing to Seattle and Manchester in the early nineties. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Of course there are, loads in lower divisions looking to prove themselves for peanuts (at least not £80k which JF is supposed to have been on). 

They wont do it FT for peanuts.

Intrresting you quote JF salary because many said he was a cheap option aswell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Che Bentos said:

Happy days. The zoo bar was the closest thing to Seattle and Manchester in the early nineties. 

Happy days indeed though in all honesty I don't remember all that much about them. There are some highlights but it's mostly a haze. I was a prolific drinker back in my youth. I doubt there's a pub in Calderdale that I haven't got pissed in at one time or another. I played in three pool teams, a quiz team and a darts and doms team, worked in my mom's pub for about 15 years, the Dean Clough Inn for about 5, and on top of all that I'd be down the Punch Bowl on Friday and Saturday nights or up town if I could afford. Even got into the habit of going up town on a Sunday afternoon with my dad and his mates and continued to do so after he died. When I think of the money I've pissed away it really does shock me :) These days I probably have a dozen drinks a year at most.

Just now, greygoose said:

They wont do it FT for peanuts.

Intrresting you quote JF salary because many said he was a cheap option aswell.

It depends how desperate they are for the opportunity. £80k seems a lot to me at this level but what do I know about manager salaries? Nada. Being a manager is skilled work but it's not like they're in short supply or anything.

Just now, PeterPan said:

Clarence’s! / the mood! After 8 pints in the upper George... happy daze! 

Clarence before my time :) Upper George used to be best pub in Halifax, dunno if it still is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hoddie said:

Of course there are, loads in lower divisions looking to prove themselves for peanuts (at least not £80k which JF is supposed to have been on). 

80k sounds quite high. Although Braintree were offering 45k for a full time manager at the start of last season part time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/07/2019, 20:36:20, AJS said:

Would like to see the new manager in charge for Saturday at the very latest. How many stages of interviews are they going through? Surely a 2/3 man shortlist and one interview each would be enough to decide.

With no announcement forthcoming as yet some posters on here must be near to a nervous breakdown........can I say that in the current PC climate:huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

With no announcement forthcoming as yet some posters on here must be near to a nervous breakdown........can I say that in the current PC climate:huh:

No need for nervous breakdown but communication lock down is appalling. no one expects the BOD of 2 to come out and say we are considering Shay trev, Hoddie, Bubba or whoever but at the end of the day we have signed someone this last weekend or we are in breach of FA rules, now this may be an under 19 player or Ben Wyatt or Messi why the hell not say so. COMMUNICATE.

 

Edited by Steve Lanzarote

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Through lack of communication we are discussing pubs in the town instead of whipping up excitement to purchase the season tickets and the new season. We are 10 days away from the new for Christ sake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Papa Lazarou said:

Yes, the Tramshed became the Cats Bar 

Didn't know that either. I knew it had a previous name but not that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...