Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shaymen down under

Nathan Clarke applies for job.

18 hours ago, TJAshton said:

No we don’t want him as a player manager. He’s either on the pitch or off it for me. 

Can’t do two jobs at once at this level it’ll be too hard for him and he’s got enough on his plate when he’s on the pitch. 

He can give it a go and if it's too much he can hang up his boots, but I trust him to be honest

Player/manager .... could be tough to do both, but he could stay registered as a player and still play occasionally as necessary.

Player/ coach or player/ assistant manager that could be a good option, especially under someone like Ronnie Moore.

Clarke could start to learn the managerial role in that setting,gain good experience, and still play one final season of football as a top player.

23 minutes ago, eddie said:

He can give it a go and if it's too much he can hang up his boots, but I trust him to be honest

He can give it a go and if it’s too much we’ll lose one of the best defenders in the league no problem!! A club is only as smart as it’s fans, 5th tier for a reason that’s shown right here. Experienced manager needed

11 minutes ago, Shampoo said:

He can give it a go and if it’s too much we’ll lose one of the best defenders in the league no problem!! A club is only as smart as it’s fans, 5th tier for a reason that’s shown right here. Experienced manager needed

He has put his name in the hat so we get experience manager who thinks, god he´s a fav got to get rid of him, Collin/fullarton comes to mind, yes just as smart as our fans, he´s 36 what is the chance of injury free season again or legs just going.

5 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Player manager , NO. Wont work. You get a better view of the game from the sideline to see what is going wrong or what needs changing etc 

Kenny Dalglish (Liverpool), Graeme Souness (Rangers), Glenn Hoddle (Swindon Town and Chelsea), Bryan Robson (Middlesbrough), Peter Reid (Manchester City), Ruud Gullit (Chelsea) and Gianluca Vialli (Chelsea) in the Premier League would suggest it can work if done right.

45 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Kenny Dalglish (Liverpool), Graeme Souness (Rangers), Glenn Hoddle (Swindon Town and Chelsea), Bryan Robson (Middlesbrough), Peter Reid (Manchester City), Ruud Gullit (Chelsea) and Gianluca Vialli (Chelsea) in the Premier League would suggest it can work if done right.

No not at Halifax. 

24 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

approx 109 applied last time.

Hardly surprising that there’s less applicants this time. Will only be unemployed or lower league ones. Especially taking into account the predicament we are currently in 

1 hour ago, halifaxmark said:

Player manager , NO. Wont work. You get a better view of the game from the sideline to see what is going wrong or what needs changing etc 

Kenny Dalglish did ok

5 minutes ago, AJS said:

Hardly surprising that there’s less applicants this time. Will only be unemployed or lower league ones. Especially taking into account the predicament we are currently in 

appoint Clarke & Nichol, bring in scouts, future looks rosie.

Appoint Ronnie Moore on a rolling one year deal as manager and Clarke on the same deal as Assistent Manager. 

Job done. 

Just now, Steve Lanzarote said:

appoint Clarke & Nichol, bring in scouts, future looks rosie.

Too risky for me. Moore with Clarke as player/assistant. Need Clarke on the pitch one more season and he can be mentored by Moore to be his long term successor.

Just now, Flea said:

Appoint Ronnie Moore on a rolling one year deal as manager and Clarke on the same deal as Assistent Manager. 

Job done. 

Another one I think will be disappointed.

Just now, AJS said:

Too risky for me. Moore with Clarke as player/assistant. Need Clarke on the pitch one more season and he can be mentored by Moore to be his long term successor.

Don´t think it will be Moore.

Another one I think will be disappointed.

I fully expect it wont happen, however that would be my ideal scenario. I rate RM but dont think he is going to be given much time in interview and I fully expect us to go down the up and coming route again.

Don´t think it will be Moore.

Neither do I. Think it will be either Clarke or someone along the lines of Kelly/Fullarton. If that’s the case hope it’s someone like Kevin Nicholson. At least he’s done well elsewhere unlike Kelly/Fullarton did before ending up with us 

Just now, Flea said:

I fully expect it wont happen, however that would be my ideal scenario. I rate RM but dont think he is going to be given much time in interview and I fully expect us to go down the up and coming route again.

That´s why I´m all for Clarke & Nichol. Don´t want another Kelly, I thought JF the right type but ended up the wrong one.

That´s why I´m all for Clarke & Nichol. Don´t want another Kelly, I thought JF the right type but ended up the wrong one.

I think getting Clarke down as AM would be a very wise move as if the next manager goes to pot he is there to step up straight away. 

1 hour ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

He has put his name in the hat so we get experience manager who thinks, god he´s a fav got to get rid of him, Collin/fullarton comes to mind, yes just as smart as our fans, he´s 36 what is the chance of injury free season again or legs just going.

So let’s not give him the chance to play this season! Let’s make him the manager, he says he has good contacts, does he really? Fullarton has good contacts..... can a lad with no experience drop in to a club 2 weeks before the season and bring players in? Or would you prefer a manager like Ronnie Moore? 900+ games as a manager, I know who I’d be turning to now. 

Thats not to say I’d be against Clarke if DB went with him, I believe it’s the wrong time 

Nobody can bring Ronnie Moore age into this and say he is too old ,Neil Warnock is 70 and still a top Manager he probably wouldn’t be good enough for Bosmworth,If Bosmworth is going down the line of Clarke which I would be happy with they could bring Russell Slade in he’s worked with Clarke a few times.

Just now, Shampoo said:

So let’s not give him the chance to play this season! Let’s make him the manager, he says he has good contacts, does he really? Fullarton has good contacts..... can a lad with no experience drop in to a club 2 weeks before the season and bring players in? Or would you prefer a manager like Ronnie Moore? 900+ games as a manager, I know who I’d be turning to now. 

Thats not to say I’d be against Clarke if DB went with him, I believe it’s the wrong time 

Bet you a tenner it´s not Moore, winning money to charity.

Bet you a tenner it´s not Moore, winning money to charity.

Name your charity Steve, at least there’ll be one winner out of it!