Sign in to follow this  
shaymen down under

Nathan Clarke applies for job.

17 minutes ago, Flea said:

Interesting to note that whilst @Hoddie and myself have had several arguments over the years on here, I can state whilst he can be abrupt at times, he isn't someone that is aggressive in nature - and whilst agreeing we will never be best mates, he is actually someone whom you can debate a point with, agree with at times and also disagree with, in a manner where he will allow you to get your point of view across. 

:wub:

I 'like' a lot of your posts Flea, and I'm always sorry when you take a hiatus. You're knowledgeable about all aspects of the club and the message board is poorer for your absence. I make a point of reading your essay posts (even if I may say otherwise) because I know within them there's usually a nugget or two to take away. But, as with everyone else, I'll always challenge what you say if I think you're talking shite. It's how it should be - it's a forum after all. Hell, Gav's my best mate and I'll pull him up if I think he's wrong, just as he does with me. But as you say, I like to think I make room for other opinions even if I challenge them forcefully - it's almost always an attempt to pull at strings and get people to engage and explain.

ps I've run out of likes today. Resign Butler!

1 minute ago, Flea said:

Sadly for me I don't see a manager in him. 

The latest proof being, if we are to take his Courier interview as read, his decision to walk away so close to the season having already committed the club by signing players, and believing he's giving the next manager plenty time to hit the ground running. That's delusional. I'm not sure I do believe his reason for walking away but kudos for what he said all the same, very professional.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Flea said:

I think Fullarton is a good coach - and when he took the team through the warm ups he looked confident, happy and that he knew what he was doing.

Sadly for me I don't see a manager in him. As I've said before, I believe there is a huge difference between youth/academy football and first team adult football and he was too fixed in doing things that are seen at academy level (like keeping shape) rather than setting up to play an adults game. 

Agreed 

think he will make a good number two .. just don’t see the manager in him 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

I'll always challenge what you say if I think you're talking shite. It's how it should be - it's a forum after all. 

As it should be, its all about opinions at the end of the day. No need for all the personal shite and trolling in every single thread that makes the entire site look bad and turns many posters away. Again, one bad egg seems to be ruining it for the majority. 

11 minutes ago, Flea said:

As it should be, its all about opinions at the end of the day. No need for all the personal shite and trolling in every single thread that makes the entire site look bad and turns many posters away. Again, one bad egg seems to be ruining it for the majority. 

I agree with you that it’s all about opinions. I do find it a bit rich that you mention personal shite and trolling when I believe you impersonated somebody on social media. But just hearsay. I don’t know for sure. Just find it amusing how you take the moral high ground. However I think the adult thing for me and Hoddie would be to try and avoid each other. I don’t think we will ever agree on anything. Apart from maybe that Halifax Town are the best thing since sliced bread? 

I suppose it's harder to manage ignore lists from multiple accounts? You forget who you are meant to be ignoring!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, greg45 said:

I suppose it's harder to manage ignore lists from multiple accounts? You forget who you are meant to be ignoring!

Who said that? 

14 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Apart from Dave Worthington, has a Halifax lad ever managed us before? 

Joe McClelland,  the first Town manager,  1911 to 1930.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Shaymus said:

Joe McClelland,  the first Town manager,  1911 to 1930.

Wow. 19 years. You’re lucky if you get 19 months nowadays 

9 hours ago, Shay said:

I refer to your comment in response to my first post -  'Someone get this fool a taxi, clearly supped too much.'

I only insult those who insult me. Let's be totally honest here. You are the biggest hypocrite that this forum has ever witnessed.

You cannot run a football club, business etc. on hope. This is real life. 

If I was lucky enough to be in charge of this wonderful club then I would install Mark Bower with immediate effect on a three year contract as he would require stability as so would the football club. Chopping and changing the manager is not productive.

Winner of the most deluded post of the year, well done Shay!  I won't rip your argument apart point by point as its entirely clueless.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nick said:

Come guys 

stop this ..it does not do anybody any good 

I have a good friend who has not come on this messageboard this summer because of the general negativity.. he finds its even more depressing than having supported Halifax for over 50 years :) 

we need all fans now more than ever 

PS fleas match summaries when he posted them were always the best :) 

Can't disagree with this bold statement

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vinnyweknuts said:

Winner of the most deluded post of the year, well done Shay!  I won't rip your argument apart point by point as its entirely clueless.

You’re entitled to your opinion as so am I. I’m sticking to my guns though. You can’t run a football club on hope. 

And I do think chopping and changing the manager is not productive.  

I take it you disagree? I would be interested to know why? Our best period of sustained success was under the stable stewardship of Neil Aspin. 

Edited by Shay

@Nick @vinnyweknuts Thanks for the comments re my match summaries. I did have a few others come up to me to say they missed my contributions during my time off, which was nice to hear. Hopefully the state of trolling on this board doesn't hit the levels it did around Xmas as without that going on on here I do think this is a good resource for the fans, even more so when the club itself is less than forward with information. 

• Like 1

Just now, Flea said:

@Nick @vinnyweknuts Thanks for the comments re my match summaries. I did have a few others come up to me to say they missed my contributions during my time off, which was nice to hear. Hopefully the state of trolling on this board doesn't hit the levels it did around Xmas as without that going on on here I do think this is a good resource for the fans, even more so when the club itself is less than forward with information. 

You are amusing. What’s your opinion on impersonating other people on social media? Trolling or downright nasty? I would go with the latter. 

1 minute ago, Shay said:

You are amusing. What’s your opinion on impersonating other people on social media? Trolling or downright nasty? I would go with the latter. 

You're impersonating jgn1! You're a troll and sometimes you're downright nasty.

• Like 2

I’d give it to NC provided its as a player manager. Handles himself well and understands the Town, the club and its constraints. Not something our last manager comprehended. I also think he can motivate. 

Just now, Bubba said:

You're impersonating jgn1! You're a troll and sometimes you're downright nasty.

I can’t say I’ve ever taken it to a personal level. This is a fans forum with anonymity. I apologise if you feel I’ve ever been nasty. And my opinions are my opinions. That’s not trolling 

Just now, Richmond96 said:

I’d give it to NC provided its as a player manager. Handles himself well and understands the Town, the club and its constraints. Not something our last manager comprehended. I also think he can motivate. 

No we don’t want him as a player manager. He’s either on the pitch or off it for me. 

Can’t do two jobs at once at this level it’ll be too hard for him and he’s got enough on his plate when he’s on the pitch. 

• Like 1

Just now, Shay said:

You are deluded. You know nothing about me, have never even given me the time of day (apart from when you wanted something off me) and simply don't have a clue what you are talking about. The only time you have ever even been civil to me is when you have wanted things off me, like the time I sorted you the tickets out for the Salford away game, or had you in the box on cold days etc... Other than that, you've excluded and cut me from every thing our group of mutual friends have done, insulted and poked fun at me at every turn - and unlike you I have never said anything negative towards or about you but bit my tongue, up to around Xmas this year when those mutual friends came out to say the way you are with me isn't on. 

As you more than well know, I don't impersonate anyone on any social media, that is more your bag, when you are "sending up" your mates for example... So listen to rumours, slag me off to others, do what you need to do to make yourself feel good. Talk down about others, tell them they are nothing, will amount to nothing, then sit behind the desk of the family business you were handed to on a silver spoon telling everyone how great you are because you donate XYZ and do XYZ.

For the record, I don't wish to be seen as more important than anyone else. I do my best to help people when I can, I do the best to engage with fans when I can and I do my best to help the club in any way I can. Its also quite ironic how you play the victim about how people belittle others and mock them for problems, when you seem more than happy to do the same with others who, like myself, deal with issues like anxiety and depression, where you love nothing more than ripping them to bits. 

You are a vile individual. I'm quite pleased you have finally come out and said you don't like me, as I am sick of actually trying to be nice with you and try. I've put plenty of effort in building a friendship with you over the years, even just trying to be civil, however you have never given me the time of day, shown me any respect, or even said thank you for any bit of help I've given to you. 

Don't bother feeling you need to reply to this, as I 100% genuinely couldn't give a flying **** what someone who just loves to knock other people down has to say. You are the sole reason I stopped posting on here for 4 months and you are the sole reason now why I am wonder why the **** I bothered coming back. 

Johnny Quinn player manager when i first started watching Town, seems like yesterday :mellow:

Edited by Guido

10 minutes ago, Flea said:

You are deluded. You know nothing about me, have never even given me the time of day (apart from when you wanted something off me) and simply don't have a clue what you are talking about. The only time you have ever even been civil to me is when you have wanted things off me, like the time I sorted you the tickets out for the Salford away game, or had you in the box on cold days etc... Other than that, you've excluded and cut me from every thing our group of mutual friends have done, insulted and poked fun at me at every turn - and unlike you I have never said anything negative towards or about you but bit my tongue, up to around Xmas this year when those mutual friends came out to say the way you are with me isn't on. 

As you more than well know, I don't impersonate anyone on any social media, that is more your bag, when you are "sending up" your mates for example... So listen to rumours, slag me off to others, do what you need to do to make yourself feel good. Talk down about others, tell them they are nothing, will amount to nothing, then sit behind the desk of the family business you were handed to on a silver spoon telling everyone how great you are because you donate XYZ and do XYZ.

For the record, I don't wish to be seen as more important than anyone else. I do my best to help people when I can, I do the best to engage with fans when I can and I do my best to help the club in any way I can. Its also quite ironic how you play the victim about how people belittle others and mock them for problems, when you seem more than happy to do the same with others who, like myself, deal with issues like anxiety and depression, where you love nothing more than ripping them to bits. 

You are a vile individual. I'm quite pleased you have finally come out and said you don't like me, as I am sick of actually trying to be nice with you and try. I've put plenty of effort in building a friendship with you over the years, even just trying to be civil, however you have never given me the time of day, shown me any respect, or even said thank you for any bit of help I've given to you. 

Don't bother feeling you need to reply to this, as I 100% genuinely couldn't give a flying **** what someone who just loves to knock other people down has to say. You are the sole reason I stopped posting on here for 4 months and you are the sole reason now why I am wonder why the **** I bothered coming back. 

That’s brilliant. You also don’t know me at all. You don’t have the first clue about what obstacles I have overcome to get where I am. Now who’s playing the victim. You’ve said and done things so really don’t even go there. 

I also suffer from depression and have been on anti depressants for the majority of my adult life. 

But the post above is nothing but mis truths and it’s poor form. 

Edited by Shay

Probably not a good idea supporting Town with your medical history, Only do it due to masochistic tendencies brought on by becoming a supporter at a too young & impressionable age.

• Like 1

Just now, Roy Race said:

Probably not a good idea supporting Town with your medical history, Only do it due to masochistic tendencies brought on by becoming a supporter at a too young & impressionable age.

Haha