Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bubba

Available managers

2 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Don´t think it would weaken the team over the season my worry as I have expressed Clarke had an injury free season at 36, 2 on the trot.. unlikely. Deffo management material.

Think Clarke has got one more season in him. Don't think he'll play every game like last season but think he'll play the majority

13 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Don´t think it would weaken the team over the season my worry as I have expressed Clarke had an injury free season at 36, 2 on the trot.. unlikely. Deffo management material.

Even if he only plays 75% of the games, that’s still 35 games where we are a stronger team.

I can see both sides of the coin, but if I had to choose Clarkey the player or Clarkey the manager, it would be the player no hesitation. 

Further to that, everyone’s criticism of Fullarton and Kelly was their lack of experience. Clarke has no managerial experience to date. In time, I think he will make a good manager, as he comes across very well, and his people skills are evident to see, as well as talking Hanson through a few games. 

Certainly no easy decision for the board, and it’s crucial they get this one right

Just now, Luke said:

Even if he only plays 75% of the games, that’s still 35 games where we are a stronger team.

I can see both sides of the coin, but if I had to choose Clarkey the player or Clarkey the manager, it would be the player no hesitation. 

Further to that, everyone’s criticism of Fullarton and Kelly was their lack of experience. Clarke has no managerial experience to date. In time, I think he will make a good manager, as he comes across very well, and his people skills are evident to see, as well as talking Hanson through a few games. 

Certainly no easy decision for the board, and it’s crucial they get this one right

Importantly both he & DB must believe they can work together...not many could achieve that.

I think it’s crazy to suggest that Clarke can’t have the job because we don’t want to lose Clarke the player. Replacing Clarke the player is something we will have to do anyway at some point. Surely Clarke the Manager is more important to the team than Clarke the player.

If he doesn’t get the job will he leave or will the new manager want him out anyway?

Either way we may now have seen the last of Clarke the player, simply by the fact he has thrown his hat in the ring.

Clarke the player manager is a no-go in my opinion, as it makes a joke of going full time, if he can do two full time jobs why can’t the rest of them?

1 hour ago, Riders of Rohan said:

I think it’s crazy to suggest that Clarke can’t have the job because we don’t want to lose Clarke the player. Replacing Clarke the player is something we will have to do anyway at some point. Surely Clarke the Manager is more important to the team than Clarke the player.

If he doesn’t get the job will he leave or will the new manager want him out anyway?

Either way we may now have seen the last of Clarke the player, simply by the fact he has thrown his hat in the ring.

Clarke the player manager is a no-go in my opinion, as it makes a joke of going full time, if he can do two full time jobs why can’t the rest of them?

We will have to replace most of the players at some point, shall we get rid of them now to save time?

only time will tell if Clarke the manager is more important than Clarke the player. No one can say for certain a thing this point.

Agree with the bottom 3 paragraphs though, and is a concern. But I think he is professional enough to carry on regardless

1 hour ago, SHAY man said:

Maybe the manager will be announced today if not tomorrow !

Definitely not today. They were only looking through CVs yesterday. Probably do interviews today/tommorow. Tommorow at the earliest I’d say. More likely to be weekend or Monday 

On 15/07/2019, 11:55:00, olitheshayman said:

Eddie Howe. 

A great joke! Anyone in the South would be loathe to move North (Unless to a free flat in Leeds)

Our defence last season was great as we played two defensive midfielders to protect them. Browny and  Clarke can’t cope with fast strikers. Hence Niall Maher protecting them and limiting attacking play.

15 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Importantly both he & DB must believe they can work together...not many could achieve that.

My sense is DB has had a good relationship with all the managers 

so I can’t see that being a problem 

the big issue to me is if Clarke does not get a role in the management of the club .. will he be happy to stay as a player ?  

1 hour ago, Nick said:

My sense is DB has had a good relationship with all the managers 

so I can’t see that being a problem 

the big issue to me is if Clarke does not get a role in the management of the club .. will he be happy to stay as a player ?  

DB did not have a good relationship with NA in the last few months. JH from Jan onwards and most certainly not with JF.

Just now, SHAY man said:

Hopeful on Roonie moore 

Can’t see it myself. Clarke & Nicholson my guess. 

Better not be a cheap option as we will just be straight down. 

Need experience or the only person I’d take a punt on is Clarke that’s it. 

I think we will find out who the manager is Tomorrow or Monday 

Really hoping it’s not the name I’ve heard to be one of the favourites.

Moore, Nicholson, Clarke in that order for me. Failing that Keith Hill or David Flitcroft would be fantastic. Doubt them two though 

Anyone else would probably be a disaster.

3 hours ago, AJS said:

Really hoping it’s not the name I’ve heard to be one of the favourites.

Moore, Nicholson, Clarke in that order for me. Failing that Keith Hill or David Flitcroft would be fantastic. Doubt them two though 

Anyone else would probably be a disaster.

What names that then? Or you just stirring it up? 

Just now, Papa Lazarou said:

He probably isn’t able to say:huh:

Just now, TJAshton said:

His comment reads as he doesn’t really know and just stirring the pot

“I know who it is, but I can’t tell anyone who is it, but I promise I know”

35 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

32 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

30 minutes ago, Luke said:

His comment reads as he doesn’t really know and just stirring the pot

6 minutes ago, ewalsh said:

“I know who it is, but I can’t tell anyone who is it, but I promise I know”

Genuinely not trying to stir anything up. Just a name I’ve been told by a credible source as one of the main contenders. As you can probably guess I’ve been told to be quiet about it. 

Just to clarify, I’m NOT saying it’s a done deal at all so please don’t make assumptions. All I can say is, it wouldn’t go down well on here if it is this person. Me included