Sign in to follow this  
SHAY man

Will the BOD go ?

I'm not thrilled about how they took control of the club, or how they treat the supporters like an afterthought at times, but this BoD have overseen a safe - if at times annoyingly steady - decade of ownership at the Shay. I really, really wish they had done some things during the first 5 years how they've done them in the last 5 years (in terms of commercial activity, having Shaymus on board, the better - if still pretty poor - communication, etc.).

But, without anyone else ready to step up, I think some people should be careful what they wish for. Whatever happens next will signal a whole new chapter in the club's history, one that isn't written yet so I don't think we should be quite so ready to embrace the unknown.

I will say this though - if the BoD are happy to see the club simply tread water then they're just as dangerous as Jim Brown and all the rest, only in a different way. In this scenario I would welcome the unknown wholeheartedly, because whatever came next can't be as bad for the club's long-term future as standing still will surely be.

• Like 3

Reminder of our own dark days -

Notts County owner Alan Hardy has said he is "extremely confident" the sale of the club will be completed before they appear at the High Court on 10 July.

Notts had a winding-petition against them from HMRC over an unpaid tax bill of around £800,000 adjourned in June to allow time to complete the deal.

Since that hearing, Notts' players and staff have not been paid June's wages.

Meanwhile, the PFA have confirmed they "are involved and are speaking to the players and the club".

2 minutes ago, rdj said:

Reminder of our own dark days -

Notts County owner Alan Hardy has said he is "extremely confident" the sale of the club will be completed before they appear at the High Court on 10 July.

Notts had a winding-petition against them from HMRC over an unpaid tax bill of around £800,000 adjourned in June to allow time to complete the deal.

Since that hearing, Notts' players and staff have not been paid June's wages.

Meanwhile, the PFA have confirmed they "are involved and are speaking to the players and the club".

That's the chairman that spent £35m and took them from League 1 to the National League.

Not forgetting he got his knob out on social media too so that might go some way as to explain the sort of div we are dealing with.

Anyway, I know they are one of our league rivals but I really do hope they sort things out. 

Another team that played in the old Division One and are now nearly going under in the National League.

12 hours ago, pen21 said:

Not really relevant to the thread, but regarding shop, does anyone know how to get the 10% discount on shirts, by becoming a supporters club member 

You have a PM.

7 hours ago, Hoddie said:

You must be new around here Janis so let me welcome you to the internet. You may have heard Voltaire's "if God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him." You may not have heard of his lesser known remark, "if there was nothing to moan about concerning Halifax Town, supporters would invent something.

You know when we’re on a good run of form when someone suggests that we get rid of George on the PA. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Pliny Harris said:

You know when we’re on a good run of form when someone suggests that we get rid of George on the PA. 

Sounds like a plan and a good run of form would be a bonus :lol: 

ps; we found out the week that George was awol that things could be much worse

Christ, get real. This is without doubt the best Board we’ve had in 50 years. If you do not understand this you probably vote for Corbin. Be very careful what you wish for. There really is no upside to bitching about this Board. If no one else with more money to spend is ready to replace them (and they’ve said they’ll stand down if anyone else comes forward) there is no upside to this subject.  

Just now, Richmond96 said:

Unless someone with more money comes forward YES

It doesn't matter how much money they have if they're not prepared to spend it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Richmond96 said:

Christ, get real. This is without doubt the best Board we’ve had in 50 years. If you do not understand this you probably vote for Corbin. Be very careful what you wish for. There really is no upside to bitching about this Board. If no one else with more money to spend is ready to replace them (and they’ve said they’ll stand down if anyone else comes forward) there is no upside to this subject.  

Great ,wish everyone thought like you,like you say they just might wish it too much then what are the moaners going todo, put there hands in their pockets,no its better to compain all the time

Missing the point so could you explain why nobody at the club tells us what is happening? not saying I want them to leave but please don't keep calling us moaners because we have supported the club for over 60 years but I far one can not believe this deafening silence so how about you have a little chat with your mentor and then you can advise us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dj funky said:

Missing the point so could you explain why nobody at the club tells us what is happening? not saying I want them to leave but please don't keep calling us moaners because we have supported the club for over 60 years but I far one can not believe this deafening silence so how about you have a little chat with your mentor and then you can advise us.

But you have a afc fylde season ticket now so why do you care?

6 minutes ago, dj funky said:

Been fishing tonight  and not much luck but just reeled one in.

Playing the game! Weird you like it when you do but not when your "supposedly" favourite club does it. 

7 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

I'm going to win Euromillions, buy the Club and love every minute of telling the fans nothing ! 

You'd tell us everything you Bollox and put it on here first, you couldn't resist it.

19 minutes ago, Shaymen0 said:

Playing the game! Weird you like it when you do but not when your "supposedly" favourite club does it. 

What?

Do people want the club to come out and say we’ve signed nobody? :lol:

Saw someone on here moan yesterday because we didn’t announce a signing on July 1st. The club NEVER said we would sign someone or announce someone that day. Think our own fans are paranoid. 

Just now, ewalsh said:

Do people want the club to come out and say we’ve signed nobody? :lol:

Saw someone on here moan yesterday because we didn’t announce a signing on July 1st. The club NEVER said we would sign someone or announce someone that day. Think our own fans are paranoid. 

The person that said that wasn’t aiming at the club, they were aiming at the know it alls on here who said “wait until July 1st” 

I said before we were struggling for players and didn’t sign a single player but obviously the know it alls thought different when what I was saying was fact. 

Again I will say the reason for no announcement is because there is no one too announce. Are you not a little bit worried for the upcoming season or are you okay for Cast off Trialists to try keep us safe?