Sign in to follow this  
Redcard

Sell Sam!

With us missing out on numerous players and looking like we will be cobbling together a team of leftovers should we consider selling the best keeper in the league? Sam must be worth several hundred thousand grand which would mean we could pay the wages for an all round stronger team and turn us from relegation favourites to promotion hopefuls. Win promotion and League Two money then kicks in so we can continue to shop for the right quality. Without any other source of funding it will be difficult to progress and the board, after 11 years, might soon have had enough.

Several hundred thousand grand :lol:

Yeah, right!

Great keeper, glad he’s with us. Worth around 100k tops

besides we need him for the impending nil nil draws

• Like 1

Johnson worth several hundred thousands?! Don’t get me wrong, he’s a terrific keeper and one of the very best in this league. However, valuing him at several hundred thousand is the most deluded thing I have read for a long time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Redcard said:

With us missing out on numerous players and looking like we will be cobbling together a team of leftovers should we consider selling the best keeper in the league? Sam must be worth several hundred thousand grand which would mean we could pay the wages for an all round stronger team and turn us from relegation favourites to promotion hopefuls. Win promotion and League Two money then kicks in so we can continue to shop for the right quality. Without any other source of funding it will be difficult to progress and the board, after 11 years, might soon have had enough.

I agree about the board,hope they dont go though

I really do rate him but at the moment he's not worth the figure you mentioned. However, if he can work on the weaker elements of his game then he will be worth that and more in years to come.

I'm glad he's at the club and I do he hope he progresses but stays with us.

Good keeper.

13 hours ago, Grayski said:

Several hundred thousand grand :lol:

Yeah, right!

Great keeper, glad he’s with us. Worth around 100k tops

besides we need him for the impending nil nil draws

I’d agree at the very most

100k would probably get Rodney

Amazing to think a supporter thinks a player whose contract expired at the end of last season and quickly signed a new contract with is worth big money 

if one single club was interested they could have got him for free by waving a few extra notes under his nose. 

However in reality it’s the reserves of cash vardy  Gregory that are funding us .. just not on a one season do or die splurg 

8 hours ago, Nick said:

However in reality it’s the reserves of cash vardy  Gregory that are funding us .. just not on a one season do or die splurg 

I’ve been thinking about this over the last few days; what sorry state would we be in if we weren’t using these reserves? If last season is the best we could afford including the reserves, when they eventually run out what kind of players are we going to be able to attract (should the club stagnate, which looks highly likely)

Just now, Luke said:

I’ve been thinking about this over the last few days; what sorry state would we be in if we weren’t using these reserves? If last season is the best we could afford including the reserves, when they eventually run out what kind of players are we going to be able to attract (should the club stagnate, which looks highly likely)

As I have stated before Luke the BOD are at a cross roads risk an investment or go backwards.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mjc12345 said:

Jeez, roll on the 1st game. What a stupid thread. Do you sit at home thinking about what the club need to do. Sell our only keeper. Hilarious.

Sell Sam and we will be relegated...saved us loads of points last season.

Let's start a queue to return season tickets.

• Like 1