Sign in to follow this  
SHAY man

Matty Brown

2 minutes ago, SHAY man said:

Subject to interest from Bradford city. If he went we would get a fee for him wouldn't we ?

Where's this one come from then?

19 minutes ago, mjc12345 said:

He doesnt want to go anywhere... he wants to see this club back where it belongs...

Money talks, if Bradford came knocking he would be off 

• Like 1

Believe it when I see it. 

I don't fear for Bradford, I'd laugh at them! but I think they'll have another poor season and struggle. Aren't they trying to do things on the cheap? 

A bit like Sinnott going to Chesterfield and they suffered a second successive relegation. I wouldn't be too surprised if they did! 

They just signed a centre half from Sudbury last week and Port Vale's no2 goalie. 

11 hours ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Believe it when I see it. 

I don't fear for Bradford, I'd laugh at them! but I think they'll have another poor season and struggle. Aren't they trying to do things on the cheap? 

A bit like Sinnott going to Chesterfield and they suffered a second successive relegation. I wouldn't be too surprised if they did! 

They just signed a centre half from Sudbury last week and Port Vale's no2 goalie. 

Might not be such a bad thing. We signed Port Vale’s no3 goalie and he turned out OK

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SteveM said:

Might not be such a bad thing. We signed Port Vale’s no3 goalie and he turned out OK

Port Vale seem to have a thing about getting rid of very good keepers for some reason. At this level, Johnson, Ryan Boot at Solihull and Rob Lainton at Wrexham are all very solid ex-Vale keepers 

• Like 1

Just now, Shaymen Stats said:

He'd be a fool to go anywhere else in this league. 

but as we know, everyone has their price

9 minutes ago, Shaymen Stats said:

He'd be a fool to go anywhere else in this league. 

As a full time footballer, it’s his job and solitary income.

If someone is prepared to pay you £1500 a week instead of £850 (example figure) are you really a fool to take it? 

Football’s a short career. It’s not what fans wanna hear but as a player you get as much out of it as you can, while you can.

• Like 3

As he is under contract 

then there would be a fee 

and we have good cover 

but what him to stay 

18 minutes ago, archietaylor7 said:

If Brownie goes then its a massive loss. Especially to a club in the same league as us!! Worse than losing Kosy, much worse!!

If Brown goes, i think we might see Town go too, back to NLN :(

You are joking with having the England C captain as cover 

like wise Maher could revert to that role 

We have cover still a good defence 

Edited by Nick
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, SHAY man said:

If Brown goes, i think we might see Town go too, back to NLN :(

I really dont think we can talk of promotion or relegation at this time of year, way to early to speculate on anything at this time!! My objections would purely be that it lays out the position of the club generally. If another quality player choses to leave what does it say about us and our standing??? If he went (and we are speculating here) to Bradford then I would applaud him and wish him well, going to a league club, who would deny any player that opportunity. But if we are losing players to our direct competitors then I think we really do have issues.

• Like 1