Nick

How long have you suffered (Tongue in Cheek)

1 hour ago, May93 said:

May 1993  V Hereford  

Picked a bit of a stinker for your first match (and username!).

My first game was 23rd of August 1986 - Halifax 1 Aldershot 0. 

Next season will be my 63rd. Stand out players I remember at the time are Conway Smith, Jackie Sharp, Andy McCall and Roy Lorenson. 

Mid aLate fifteen Arthur Johnston Phil Roscoe Paddy Stanley Lofty Lorenson Alex  South Peter Tilley Andy McCall Conway Smith

Hope my memory is not playing tricks

3 hours ago, shaycrazy said:

Next season will be my 63rd. Stand out players I remember at the time are Conway Smith, Jackie Sharp, Andy McCall and Roy Lorenson. 

Roy Lorenson still living on Merseyside but suffering with dementia. I am in contact with his wife, Sylvia

Edited by Shaymus

My first game was Cardiff I think in 1987. Can't remember much but I definitely remember being on the old condemned north stand v Kettering in the FA Cup in 89 freezing to death. 

Correct me if I've got the years wrong. 

7 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

My first game was Cardiff I think in 1987. Can't remember much but I definitely remember being on the old condemned north stand v Kettering in the FA Cup in 89 freezing to death. 

Correct me if I've got the years wrong. 

We were knocked out in the replay against Kettering in the 87/88 season. It was a night game. We drew the away game on the Saturday 1-1 and we took a great following down there. Then, our luck against non league teams in the cup continues and we list the replay. We would have been away to Charlton if memory serves me reyt.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Shaymus said:

Roy Lorenson still living on Merseyside but suffering with dementia. I am in contact with his wife, Sylvia

underated standout player for us.

11 hours ago, Bill Atkins said:

Mid aLate fifteen Arthur Johnston Phil Roscoe Paddy Stanley Lofty Lorenson Alex  South Peter Tilley Andy McCall Conway Smith

Hope my memory is not playing tricks

My era also.

Always remember Roscoe scoring from a free kick on the half way line

Always stood behind the goals at the bus shed end  Happy days

• Like 1

24th August 1974 away at Walsall was my first game 1-1 and if i can remember rightly Terry Shanahan penalty late on for the Shaymen. 

Can remember it more for the swarms of wasps than the football :(

On 19/05/2019, 00:17:07, Erik Everhard said:

We were knocked out in the replay against Kettering in the 87/88 season. It was a night game. We drew the away game on the Saturday 1-1 and we took a great following down there. Then, our luck against non league teams in the cup continues and we list the replay. We would have been away to Charlton if memory serves me reyt.

Lost to Kettering in 1989.

7 minutes ago, eddies mate said:

Lost to Kettering in 1989.

Police all over the place at Kettering, first time for photos & body searches for me. Replay at home as you say, think the teams heads were still on the road from Kettering:doh:

On 18/05/2019, 12:10:44, Wilder Bollox said:

200 years of DJ Funky will take some beating ! Think Steve Lanzo is lagging well behind on 199 years

Chadders must be in with a shout, am sure he was at the Saddle Hotel that evening

• Like 2

Regarding Kettering went down on a doubledecker bus. We went down one road with a low bridge - fortuneatly the driver stopped in time or it would have been more than the 1-1 draw that I remember.

Happy days, a doubledecker for an away game!

29 minutes ago, vinnyweknuts said:

Chadders must be in with a shout, am sure he was at the Saddle Hotel that evening

Plan A or Plan B that night? 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Viking said:

Regarding Kettering went down on a doubledecker bus. We went down one road with a low bridge - fortuneatly the driver stopped in time or it would have been more than the 1-1 draw that I remember.

Happy days, a doubledecker for an away game!

Yes,  I was on that bus.