Jump to content
SHAY man

19/20 player rumours

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

One will slip up. Feeling it will be Fylde poss going stale.

When teams miss out one season they rebuild for the next....not always for the better. They may both slip up & an outsider come up on the rails, possibly us:D

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

One will slip up. Feeling it will be Fylde poss going stale.

I fancy Solihull to win the league and Chesterfield to beat Fylde in the play off final.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Roy Race said:

If the new manager is as good as his publicity we will have a say in who finishes where:)

I don't think it's a matter of that it's just such a refreshing change for our manager to come out with something positive to say. He is under no illusion that it's going to be easy so he's also been realistic.

If he can bring in his targets and transfer his positivity onto the players we could be in for a much better season than last year.

I echo one or two other posters when they say let's give him some time and not jump on the guy if we lose a game. Let's also not expect too much straight away and if we win a few don't expect us to win the league.

I think we might just have signed the right man for our club.

Exciting times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Chesterfield I reckon 

Think they will be up there but a few quality players short in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be easy to get carried away with a new manager and a bit of a feel good factor atm. I just look at the squad and think it's a case of survival again as the target.

I know theres still additions to come but the squad that finished last season was stronger than the one that will start this. 

The likes of Kosylo Duku and Rodney were good players at this level and have not really been replaced by better (on paper).

Yes, theres signings to come and maybe I'll feel differently when i see them and the team on the pitch, but for now the expectation is survival.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Lewis said:

Now that Luke Armstrong has signed for Salford we have to at the very least ask the question of Rodney coming back if we haven't already done so. Not a chance he'll get a look in now 

I am pretty sure the questions have been getting asked since April 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, greygoose said:

It would be easy to get carried away with a new manager and a bit of a feel good factor atm. I just look at the squad and think it's a case of survival again as the target.

I know theres still additions to come but the squad that finished last season was stronger than the one that will start this. 

The likes of Kosylo Duku and Rodney were good players at this level and have not really been replaced by better (on paper).

Yes, theres signings to come and maybe I'll feel differently when i see them and the team on the pitch, but for now the expectation is survival.

That’s why I’m hoping the signings are decent. Rodney/Duku/hardy kept us up if it wasn’t for them we’d have been down. 

Need 4/5 players in by Saturday I’d like to hope but Wild said only 2/3. Urgently need another striker and winger. Nolan should get announced soon and I’d also think Wyatt has signed as well. 

Maybe we will find out some more stuff if the team gets put on social media from the game today. 

Edited by TJAshton
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TJAshton said:

That’s why I’m hoping the signings are decent. Rodney/Duku/hardy kept us up if it wasn’t for them we’d have been down. 

Need 4/5 players in by Saturday I’d like to hope but Wild said only 2/3. Urgently need another striker and winger. Nolan should get announced soon and I’d also think Wyatt has signed as well. 

Maybe we will find out some more stuff if the team gets put on social media from the game today. 

I was just thinking that !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, greygoose said:

It would be easy to get carried away with a new manager and a bit of a feel good factor atm. I just look at the squad and think it's a case of survival again as the target.

I know theres still additions to come but the squad that finished last season was stronger than the one that will start this. 

The likes of Kosylo Duku and Rodney were good players at this level and have not really been replaced by better (on paper).

Yes, theres signings to come and maybe I'll feel differently when i see them and the team on the pitch, but for now the expectation is survival.

As it stands I’d probably agree. However, I do feel with the right signings we could reach Wilds aim of top half.

I’m happy with the defence bar left back. What we have in midfield so far is solid, probably missing a central midfielder and a winger or two. 

Where I do think we are lacking is up front. Sho-Silva doesn’t strike you as someone who will score goals. Depending on the system we play, Southwell and Allen will struggle if we play one up top.

One thing about Wild I haven’t found out yet is, what system he tends to set up with. For the likes of Southwell and Allen to succeed, we need two up top but then it leaves us vulnerable in midfield.

If we can sign Wyatt and Nolan. That would be a good start. Would just need another left back, a winger or two and a striker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Young keeper who went to Brighton (Carl Rushworth) loaned to worthing for the season.

 

It should be a good experience, giving the lad minutes playing in senior football.

Did we sell him, or was he not under a contract with us?

If he was under contract, i hope we have a sell on clause which may give us a windfall down the line (like Bradford have just got with McBurnie)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shayfan08 said:

 

It should be a good experience, giving the lad minutes playing in senior football.

Did we sell him, or was he not under a contract with us?

If he was under contract, i hope we have a sell on clause which may give us a windfall down the line (like Bradford have just got with McBurnie)

He was signed to the academy so I believe this is different to the senior team but Luke said in another article that if a player is registered to the club ie academy or first team he is registered end of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

He was signed to the academy so I believe this is different to the senior team but Luke said in another article that if a player is registered to the club ie academy or first team he is registered end of.

This particular signing was actually confirmed last pre season as a first team contract. @Shaymen Stats Might be able to confirm?

edit: https://fchalifaxtown.com/news/duo-sign-deals-club/

Edited by Luke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Shaymen Stats said:

Sounds like he was a first team player last season! 

Don't know how it works and the club is never forthcoming but he told his friends/family,one of whom i work with that he could join Brighton as a free agent.Apparantly Man Utd wanted him too and were prepared to pay some compensation but he turned that down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...