Sign in to follow this  
Steve Lanzarote

Squad 2019/20

16 hours ago, Shergar4 said:

With the 11 players contracted to next season I think we have a good foundation to build a strong team. Edwards the only one for me out of that group that I wouldn’t be bothered about being here. Let’s not forget we are only in May so plenty of time to get things done and I’m sure the manager and DB are working on this as we speak. Two good centre forwards, 1 winger & 1 centre midfielder and I think we would be nearly there with a couple of squad players added. 

We're in June now and still no signings. Resign JF :P:P:P

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Roy Race said:

Twenty four little hours.....………….could be the words for a song:blink: 

Who you little romantic

:D

On 31/05/2019, 09:51:42, Nick said:

So you were right all along 

Edwards gone for a fee...amazin

15 minutes ago, SHAY man said:

We wont be needing anymore defenders !

JF clearly classes Maher and Staunton as midfielders who can cover in defence for whatever reason. We still need at least 1 left back. Probably 2. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, nw3casc1 said:

Hopefully Staunton will stay injury free.could be a big season for him..hope so.

And what if he’s not even here next season? 

12 hours ago, TJAshton said:

And what if he’s not even here next season? 

Didn't DB say in the courier the other day that no other offers have been made for any of our players after Edwards left?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AJS said:

Didn't DB say in the courier the other day that no other offers have been made for any of our players after Edwards left?

Right? Doesn’t mean he won’t go after the interview. I don’t know if he’s leaving I’m just saying what if he does. I’d like to hope he is still with us and we keep the players we have got. But Southwell on over £1000 a week I don’t think he’s really worth that. 

Where has this come from about Staunton leaving? He is under contract so we get a fee. I reckon Southwell could come good next season if played in a front 2, hopefully alongside Rodney? 

• Like 1

I would imagine that Staunton is also one of our biggest earners we paid money for him and he came from Woking if he wants to go back down South like Sellers I wouldn’t imagine the club would stand in his way if the right offer came in ,I personally would be happy if he stayed with us ,Southwell has had unfare criticism in my opinion the same way that that Scott Boden got from some people.Some fans think every striker we sign should be a Vardy or a Gregory unfortunately they don’t grow on trees.

4 hours ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Where has this come from about Staunton leaving? He is under contract so we get a fee. I reckon Southwell could come good next season if played in a front 2, hopefully alongside Rodney? 

It hasn’t come anywhere. But he barely got played, he’s one of our biggest earners and it wouldn’t surprise me if he left. 

1 hour ago, TJAshton said:

It hasn’t come anywhere. But he barely got played, he’s one of our biggest earners and it wouldn’t surprise me if he left. 

He started the season, got injured, got back into the team and them got sent off. Finished the season very well 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TJAshton said:

How do you know what he earns or what any other player earns , do you ask them or just make it up 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, eddie said:

How do you know what he earns or what any other player earns , do you ask them or just make it up 

He played for England C. Think he captained England C. Would have been wokings highest paid player. Who’s going to be on higher than him and Southwell at the club. I can’t think of anyone. 

14 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

He played for England C. Think he captained England C. Would have been wokings highest paid player. Who’s going to be on higher than him and Southwell at the club. I can’t think of anyone. 

But how much a year does he earn, to the nearest pound will do