Sign in to follow this  
Richmond96

Retained list for next season

11 hours ago, Macam blue said:

Lee Gregory? :P

Yeah apart from all that what did the Romans do for us ?? - obscure one :)

30 minutes ago, chadders said:

Yeah apart from all that what did the Romans do for us ?? - obscure one :)

You've found two successful loan signings in 60 years of digging . Wow ! You going to need a better metal detector

If I'm being honest, with all the concern we've seen as fans this season about systems and style of play, I find it genuinely very difficult to write off very many of this season's squad at all based purely on ability. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Shaymen1984 said:

If I'm being honest, with all the concern we've seen as fans this season about systems and style of play, I find it genuinely very difficult to write off very many of this season's squad at all based purely on ability. 

Could the above be translated into JF out?!  :o

On 9.4.2019, 18:05:27, shaymenRup said:

Dave Longhurst, david brooks, stuart parnaby, and there are many more.

.....David Brooks wasn't valued.....but the Viking Index did!B)

Edited by TheNorwegianViking

Thought Kosylo made his most positive contribution of the season yesterday, popped up everywhere, tackled back & most of his passes found the target. Playing to the best of his ability a player to retain....………..but if he doesn't  want to stay!!!

• Like 1

On 4/14/2019, 9:00:09, Roy Race said:

Thought Kosylo made his most positive contribution of the season yesterday, popped up everywhere, tackled back & most of his passes found the target. Playing to the best of his ability a player to retain....………..but if he doesn't  want to stay!!!

Think Kosy is showing his fustration this season. He feels he is better than he is. Unfortunately players in this league know him now, his trickery is predictable and he lets himself down time and time again with his decision making and distribution. His temper is also a factor, never known a player get as many cards.

If he stays great, because on his day he can be a match winner, but i think if he leaves he will just diaappear like other premadonnas.

7 hours ago, shaymenRup said:

Think Kosy is showing his fustration this season. He feels he is better than he is. Unfortunately players in this league know him now, his trickery is predictable and he lets himself down time and time again with his decision making and distribution. His temper is also a factor, never known a player get as many cards.

If he stays great, because on his day he can be a match winner, but i think if he leaves he will just diaappear like other premadonnas.

More cards than the Queen on both her birthdays.

I think if Town can retain the core of the defence and King & Berrett there will be a good basis to build on. I think we all agree that real main failing this season has been lack of goals so therefore it says that we have to go all out in search of some quality up front. Edwards has to go, Odalusi and for me Southwell. I know some out there think he could make a decent striker, but I'm sorry, for me I would disagree. I have put forward his stats previously and allowing for his injury, I still haven't changed my opinion. No harm to him and I would thank him for his efforts and let him go. Kosy will be gone anyway, I think he has wanted to go for ages, his body language has been very telling of late, much as I do like the lad and he brings a bit of excitement when he decides to get involved, he doesn't want to be here so let him go. Sadly, Duku & Rodney will go, but they have shown that there are lads out there who frighten defences to death and more importantly score goals!!!! One other change I would make squad wise, and I've touched on this previously, I wouldn't have a second goalkeeper!!!! Radical maybe, but based on our last couple of seasons we are paying a wage that could be used elsewhere. Should anything happen to Johnson (or whoever our keeper maybe) it would not be an issue to bring someone in on loan???? P.S. Keep Josh MacDonald. Hopefully a fully fit Josh is our other exiting player, with a central striker to aim at he gives us some pace and crossing ability. Him and Hanson could reap havoc down the right side!!!!

6 minutes ago, archietaylor7 said:

I think if Town can retain the core of the defence and King & Berrett there will be a good basis to build on. I think we all agree that real main failing this season has been lack of goals so therefore it says that we have to go all out in search of some quality up front. Edwards has to go, Odalusi and for me Southwell. I know some out there think he could make a decent striker, but I'm sorry, for me I would disagree. I have put forward his stats previously and allowing for his injury, I still haven't changed my opinion. No harm to him and I would thank him for his efforts and let him go. Kosy will be gone anyway, I think he has wanted to go for ages, his body language has been very telling of late, much as I do like the lad and he brings a bit of excitement when he decides to get involved, he doesn't want to be here so let him go. Sadly, Duku & Rodney will go, but they have shown that there are lads out there who frighten defences to death and more importantly score goals!!!! One other change I would make squad wise, and I've touched on this previously, I wouldn't have a second goalkeeper!!!! Radical maybe, but based on our last couple of seasons we are paying a wage that could be used elsewhere. Should anything happen to Johnson (or whoever our keeper maybe) it would not be an issue to bring someone in on loan???? P.S. Keep Josh MacDonald. Hopefully a fully fit Josh is our other exiting player, with a central striker to aim at he gives us some pace and crossing ability. Him and Hanson could reap havoc down the right side!!!!

ALLELUJAH someone agrees with me & Ron Flowers:D:D

Just now, Steve Lanzarote said:

ALLELUJAH someone agrees with me & Ron Flowers:D:D

I suspect partly we have a second goalkeeper to help train the first choice. I know that sounds silly but what would we do without them? The assistant who doubles as the goalie coach would have to dedicate all his time to Sam Johnson. Perhaps the best solution would be to sign an aging keeper as a “goalie coach who can still play if needed”!

I doubt the FA would allow you to sign a goalkeeper outside the transfer window if you didn't already have at least two incapacitated. If you took the risk to have only one, and he ended up on the sick bench, that's just tough luck.

Remember we lost our keeper in 1998 and got a loaner from Port Vale I think. He played the Rushden game and was recalled. After that we had Andy Rhodes until the end of the season I think. Not sure if we had a back up keeper?

12 minutes ago, Lammie said:

Remember we lost our keeper in 1998 and got a loaner from Port Vale I think. He played the Rushden game and was recalled. After that we had Andy Rhodes until the end of the season I think. Not sure if we had a back up keeper?

Andy Woods was backup to Lee Martin but this was back in the day of 2 from 3 subs, so keepers rarely made the bench. I thought Phil Morgan came in from Stoke but same area so you could be right, then Andy Rhodes took over as you say.

I think I'm right in saying that there was at least one club in our league this season who didn't have a second string keeper, when the No1 went off injured he was replaced with an outfield player, very old school, but most teams will have a player capable of taking over between the sticks!!! And I thought, or so I've been told, at this 5th tier level we can bring in loanee's at any given time????

9 minutes ago, archietaylor7 said:

… And I thought, or so I've been told, at this 5th tier level we can bring in loanee's at any given time????

Ah you may be right.

14 minutes ago, archietaylor7 said:

I think I'm right in saying that there was at least one club in our league this season who didn't have a second string keeper, when the No1 went off injured he was replaced with an outfield player, very old school, but most teams will have a player capable of taking over between the sticks!!! And I thought, or so I've been told, at this 5th tier level we can bring in loanee's at any given time????

Yes Solihull managed by ex England keeper Tim Flowers (sorry I previously put his dads name Ron).