Sign in to follow this  
Richmond96

Retained list for next season

Can someone please post a list of players under contract for next season. I know Kossy's contract is up, so I expect him to move on. Starting to think about the inevitable turnover. 

I tony expect him to move unless it’s down a league or back to part time 

think he could be with us next year ..if we offer him a contract

nick 

Under contract

Matty Brown

Jacub Hanson

Dayle Southwell?

Cameron King?

Nial Maher

options

macdonald

the rest open to offers as far as I know.

At last a footballing thread

Need to clear out a number of JF signings in particular Preston and Edwards both playing in a league too high

The distribution of Sellars,Duckworth and Skarz (who has no pace) leave a lot to be desired but defensively Duckworth and Sellars cannot be faltered

Johnston, Clarke and Staunton need resigning, not sure about Berrett and Tomlinson but the midfield needs re enforcing and it looks like starting from scratch with the forwards

1 hour ago, Bill Atkins said:

At last a footballing thread

Need to clear out a number of JF signings in particular Preston and Edwards both playing in a league too high

The distribution of Sellars,Duckworth and Skarz (who has no pace) leave a lot to be desired but defensively Duckworth and Sellars cannot be faulted.

We were discussing this on Saturday, and  I said that if we were able to keep Dave and Duku - and I’m aware that finances are probably not going to stretch that far - they could be good mentors for Jonny Edwards and aid his development. This is, after all, his first full season of ‘professional/full-time model’ football, and he does have something, though he also has his detractors. If he can acquire some of those two’s tenacity and energy, he might turn out to be a player. I would also like to see more of Sellars.

28 minutes ago, themanwhowasntthere said:

We were discussing this on Saturday, and  I said that if we were able to keep Dave and Duku - and I’m aware that finances are probably not going to stretch that far - they could be good mentors for Jonny Edwards and aid his development. This is, after all, his first full season of ‘professional/full-time model’ football, and he does have something, though he also has his detractors. If he can acquire some of those two’s tenacity and energy, he might turn out to be a player. I would also like to see more of Sellars.

Isn't Edwards 2 years older than Rodney ?

I’ve just checked, and you’re right. Rodney is 20, Edwards is 22. I still think that, despite his tender years, his influence and attitude could rub off on the old man. I’m going to get slaughtered for this, aren’t I? -_-

Edited by themanwhowasntthere
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, themanwhowasntthere said:

I’ve just checked, and you’re right. Rodney is 20, Edwards is 22. I still think that, despite his tender years, his influence and attitude could rub off on the old man. I’m going to get slaughtered for this, aren’t I? ⛑ 

Rodney has more senior experience of being around a first team so that's maybe why you thought that 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, themanwhowasntthere said:

I’ve just checked, and you’re right. Rodney is 20, Edwards is 22. I still think that, despite his tender years, his influence and attitude could rub off on the old man. I’m going to get slaughtered for this, aren’t I? -_-

You passed a honest footballing opinion no need to get slaughtered. I can see your train of thought on Edwards. Who I would put on before Preston anytime

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Edwards is just a big time charlie, thinks he's better than he is . On Duku and Rodney, we all know what happens when we give loanees permanent deals .

Lewis Kileen.

• Like 2

Johnson and Clarke are the first two needing secured imo. 

Kosylo is a frustration but on his day he can make things happen so he also needs pinned down to a deal

Duku and Rodney ? I just can’t see Town being able to afford one of them never mind both which is a shame but what they have showed is that with that goal threat , the team can compete on a more consistent basis.  

Players out for me ? Skarz, Odelusi (has been carrying an injury but would have to have a massive turnaround to get fans onside again), Edwards( juts doesn’t use his physicality well enough for me but is young) , Preston (has done ok but not consistently enough)

Just now, Scot said:

Kosylo is a frustration but on his day he can make things happen so he also needs pinned down to a deal

Duku and Rodney ? I just can’t see Town being able to afford one of them never mind both which is a shame but what they have showed is that with that goal threat , the team can compete on a more consistent basis.  

Players out for me ? Skarz, Odelusi (has been carrying an injury but would have to have a massive turnaround to get fans onside again), Edwards( juts doesn’t use his physicality well enough for me but is young) , Preston (has done ok but not consistently enough)

Just now, Scot said:

Can´t see Clarke or Big Sam going anywhere else, Carke HX born & bred and poss looking towards coaching and Big Sam knows he is adored here and is the first name on the sheet, When he signed for us others offered him a contract but he new with us he would be playing regularly. Kossy, Salfords interest may be waning or they would have come back in Jan after their derisory offer, maybe a lot depends if they get promoted, if they do they will be looking to build a league squad so IMHO they will not take the risk on him.

Just now, Scot said:

• Like 3

Didn't realise JF was going to have to work so hard this Summer. Let's hope he learns from last Summers disappointments and starts to play players in their natural positions (I'm sure he hasn't got the best out Southwell). I also want to see the tactics improve on this season, i.e, more offensive. I think we need at least 2 creative players in the side. King can't do it alone and I think Kossy will try his hand else where. 

I`ve previously stated who I would get rid of and my opinion has not changed one little bit.

These are the players who I would get rid of:-

Odelusi, Edwards, Southwell, Preston, Quigley and Skarz (I appreciate that Qiggers and Skarz are on loan). All must go. They offer our team absolutely nothing!!!! I accept that JF will be here next season but he needs to speak to other people when he is looking at forwards because he had no idea when he was signing these wasters. I am prepared to be proved wrong but I suspect it won`t be by this lot!

These are the players I would consider getting rid of:-

Kosylo, Tomlinson, Josh MacDonald (with many regrets!!! but there is no sentiment in professional football).

I would retain all the other defenders if they would like to stay.

This is a great subject at this time of year now that the season is all but over. This is proper football talk and opinion.

6 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Edwards is just a big time charlie, thinks he's better than he is . On Duku and Rodney, we all know what happens when we give loanees permanent deals .

Lee Gregory? :P

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Scot said:

Duku and Rodney ? I just can’t see Town being able to afford one of them never mind both.

What is it about money with you guys north of the border?  Even the tight Yorkshire Bar stewards on here, know that to play for us is worth more & should be glad of the privilege to play in Gods own County :P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arry4424 said:

I`ve previously stated who I would get rid of and my opinion has not changed one little bit.

These are the players who I would get rid of:-

Odelusi, Edwards, Southwell, Preston, Quigley and Skarz (I appreciate that Qiggers and Skarz are on loan). All must go. They offer our team absolutely nothing!!!! I accept that JF will be here next season but he needs to speak to other people when he is looking at forwards because he had no idea when he was signing these wasters. I am prepared to be proved wrong but I suspect it won`t be by this lot!

These are the players I would consider getting rid of:-

Kosylo, Tomlinson, Josh MacDonald (with many regrets!!! but there is no sentiment in professional football).

I would retain all the other defenders if they would like to stay.

This is a great subject at this time of year now that the season is all but over. This is proper football talk and opinion.

I started a similar thread at this stage last year & got shot down by the usual know it all's as being bad for player moral :shh:

After such poor entertaining seasons as the last 2, us fans need something to look forward to & get exited about.

Players come & go & most are a bit mercenary (not all) but fans are there thick or thin & need these discussions.

• Like 1