Sign in to follow this  
Richmond96

League Two Relegation Candidates

I’m hoping Notts County and Macclesfield get relegated. Also hoping Wrexham and Salford stay in our division. Would help with crowds next year. 

• Like 1

You’ve got the added bonus of 4 southern teams going down. Mr B will be rubbing his hands at the thought of 3 fewer overnight stays. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, noelm1979 said:

On the downside we're probably going to have Torquay away again on a Tuesday night in February.

When DBs opening gambit at the much-mentioned over 40s thing was to state how much of the budget was swallowed up by the cost of overnight stays and travelling, you have to question the logic of a national league at this level. 

23 minutes ago, noelm1979 said:

On the downside we're probably going to have Torquay away again on a Tuesday night in February.

The opening or last game is what it should be.

We played them away in the opening game of the season in about 87 or 88. John Bramhall scored and we won 2-0 if memory serves me right.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Che Bentos said:

John Bramhall! I remember when we signed him. He looked ancient! He was only in his early thirties. 

Aye, took him a when to turn round but he was good in the air. He then went on to achieve promotion with Grimsby after us, if memory serves me right.

54 minutes ago, Bill Atkins said:

Erik

I think he signed for Scunthorpe after leaving the Shay. Does he still work for the PFA

He's the PFA Deputy Chief Executive. And he looks younger now than he did when he was at The Shay! 

4 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

Aye, took him a when to turn round but he was good in the air. He then went on to achieve promotion with Grimsby after us, if memory serves me right.

You’re thinking of Paul Futcher. Looked rubbish for us but the reality was that the rest of the team were nowhere near good enough and made him look stupid. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Juryeff said:

You’re thinking of Paul Futcher. Looked rubbish for us but the reality was that the rest of the team were nowhere near good enough and made him look stupid. 

Yes, Futcher went to Grimsby, Bramhall went to Scunthorpe after us. My mistake.