Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shaymen Stats

Random image of the day

1 minute ago, Shaymen Stats said:

I bet I haven't got the authentic cover! The programme came with no staples in it and I just took it as you would that the passage of time had caused them to fall out! 

This is the cover of my Belgrade programme. Curiously it does have a staple in :)

Matchday programme cover.jpg

The excuse I received from a major national company for changing the front page of a contract was " if it goes to court, we'll say someone spilt coffee on the original " :lol::lol::lol: pay up and shut up !!!

5 hours ago, Shaymen Stats said:

This is from front page I've got?

i3R1ScZ.jpg

Just checked my cover and it reminded me that for some reason tickets were printed for the game.

It was the ticket which showed foodlights !

2 hours ago, Shaymen Stats said:

Ha as soon as I posted this I knew this would be the reply! :)

(ps haven't seen it for a while) 

The persistent precipitation coupled with today's result means Town remain in the brown stuff. 

Today's random image is from the 31st July 1971 (do I need to name the opponents for those who weren't there myself included?)

Town's programme containing an article about which commentators were covering the Watney Cup tie!

31st July 1971 Halifax Town vs Manchester United (Watney Cup)

1 hour ago, Shaymen2008 said:

My first live game. Well hooked after that. 

One of my first games as a kid too.

I was eleven at the time and my best friend at school's dad had a spare ticket so took me along. Six months later they emigrated to Australia and left me to a life of turmoil supporting the Shaymen. I often wonder if they still look out for the scores.

Just now, Shaymen2008 said:

I was eleven at the time and my best friend at school's dad had a spare ticket so took me along. Six months later they emigrated to Australia and left me to a life of turmoil supporting the Shaymen. I often wonder if they still look out for the scores.

Have no fear they will.:)

36 minutes ago, Shaymen Stats said:

Today's random image is of Bob Mountford. The Shaymen catching up with him and his family in the Telford United programme 6th April 1996 (0-0)

6th April 1996 Bob Mountford

Remember him making his debut and scoring in one of our Saturday night jaunts to Torquay.Sadly taken early by cancer.

5 hours ago, AndyStafford said:

He was a highly-regarded coach in Australia. One of 3 members of the side that beat Man City to emigrate there, Chris Dunleavy & Peter Burke being the others.

Peter Burke was suspended for the Man City game, hence Bob was selected. Burke restored for the Bolton match, with Bob on the bench. I recall before kick off v Man City, we were all stood in that mud on the bottom side of The Shay, when this figure pushed his way through and jumped over the barrier onto the speedway track. It was Peter Burke. 

12 hours ago, Shaymen Stats said:

Today's random image is of Bob Mountford. The Shaymen catching up with him and his family in the Telford United programme 6th April 1996 (0-0)

6th April 1996 Bob Mountford

He looks fitter in this photo than when he played for us, not sure about the comfort factor of those shorts, not all is comfortable down under