Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Richmond96

It could be worse, be careful what you wish for.

I'm as disappointed as the next supporter. I was a big JF fan. Turned things round last season and started this one well. The biggest concern for me is the teams moral, which clearly isn't as good as it should be. I always liked Helli in this respect. If JF can't improve this fundamental issue, he'll have to go. I say this reluctantly, but that's football. 

The calls for the Boards head, however, I do not understand. In my view it's a case of be careful what you wish for. I'd rather be where we are than Hereford, Stockport, York, Chester, Southport and Darlington. I'm sure the Board can't enjoy the flack they get for running a tight ship. Be careful or they might just call it a day and pass the buck on to who? I can't see a queue of people wanting to spend their time and money on our team.

DB gets loads of criticism, but take him out of the picture and our biggest sponsor is no more. Look at the effort that went into "Halifax Towns big night out". A great night that finished with the legend John Barnes singing with a crowd on the dance floor and more importantly, and this is a guess, approx £10,000 in the clubs bank account. 

I suspect these thoughts will bring the usual suspects out claiming I'm mad! But there isn't a queue of people waiting to spend their cash on FC Halifax Town and take all the criticism.

5 minutes ago, Richmond96 said:

But there isn't a queue of people waiting to spend their cash on FC Halifax Town and take all the criticism.

That is rubbish. If, as currently, limited cash injections are made then there would be a queue of people happy to take the club on as a cheap hobby.

12 minutes ago, Richmond96 said:

DB gets loads of criticism, but take him out of the picture and our biggest sponsor is no more. Look at the effort that went into "Halifax Towns big night out". A great night that finished with the legend John Barnes singing with a crowd on the dance floor and more importantly, and this is a guess, approx £10,000 in the clubs bank 

Think the Big Night Out was all down to Ben and Louisa, nowt to do with DB

Usual suspect chiming in, but I thought the annual accounts showed that the board weren't putting any money into the club, and haven't done other than a relatively small amount at the club's inception? 

It's a good point about the sponsorship, but having to find another sponsor of the same value is not an insurmountable problem. 

1 hour ago, Richmond96 said:

I'm as disappointed as the next supporter. I was a big JF fan. Turned things round last season and started this one well. The biggest concern for me is the teams moral, which clearly isn't as good as it should be. I always liked Helli in this respect. If JF can't improve this fundamental issue, he'll have to go. I say this reluctantly, but that's football. 

The calls for the Boards head, however, I do not understand. In my view it's a case of be careful what you wish for. I'd rather be where we are than Hereford, Stockport, York, Chester, Southport and Darlington. I'm sure the Board can't enjoy the flack they get for running a tight ship. Be careful or they might just call it a day and pass the buck on to who? I can't see a queue of people wanting to spend their time and money on our team.

DB gets loads of criticism, but take him out of the picture and our biggest sponsor is no more. Look at the effort that went into "Halifax Towns big night out". A great night that finished with the legend John Barnes singing with a crowd on the dance floor and more importantly, and this is a guess, approx £10,000 in the clubs bank account. 

I suspect these thoughts will bring the usual suspects out claiming I'm mad! But there isn't a queue of people waiting to spend their cash on FC Halifax Town and take all the criticism.

Time and effort as well 

Change of board is like a change of manager ,,, it’s a risk 

you might get a good one or a worse one 

there are clubs that have changed board and gone downhill but there are others that have gone upward, burton actrington etc 

the only certainty is a changing to a good manager will give success until he quits to move up the ladder, 

a bad manager will give poor results until he quits 

the irony of all the posts on here about JF today is that Sheffield United  sit top of the championship is that many of the same negative guys on here attacking JF have done from the start just like they did with Wilder 

so a new manager a new board all come with risks 

nick 

35 minutes ago, Nick said:

Change of board is like a change of manager ,,, it’s a risk 

you might get a good one or a worse one 

there are clubs that have changed board and gone downhill but there are others that have gone upward, burton actrington etc 

the only certainty is a changing to a good manager will give success until he quits to move up the ladder, 

a bad manager will give poor results until he quits 

the irony of all the posts on here about JF today is that Sheffield United  sit top of the championship is that many of the same negative guys on here attacking JF have done from the start just like they did with Wilder 

so a new manager a new board all come with risks 

nick 

I'm loathe to see managers forced out before their time, and you make a good point about Wilder taking time at Sheffield. But Fullarton has a squad mostly of his own choosing, within the budgetary constraints set by the Board of course. In that sense, he's had a head start on Wilder. Said it in another thread, I don't see the point in dismissing Fullarton if the next manager is in the same or a worse position.

After seeing all the home games and a couple of away games I say bring it on,if this is a risk getting rid of Fullerton its well worth it , Conf North hear we come.funky