Sign in to follow this  
awaydays

Relegation form

The are some real dumb posts post on here from some real prats 

they just want the club to fail so they can say told you so 

In life there are those types and in the end the law of stats says the will get it right once in a while not because they are smart insightful but just because ****  happens some times

awaydays and redcard

are two such people

I wish they did not post on here it’s not because they are occasionally negative it’s because they always are 

nick  

Edited by Nick
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nick said:

The are dome real posts post on here 

they just want the club to fail so they can say told you so 

In life there are those types and in the end the law of stats says the will get it right not because they are smart insightful but just because ****  happens some times

awaydays and redcard

are two such people

I wish they did not post on here it’s nit because they are occasionally negative it’s because they always are 

nick  

Nick

Don’t confuse realism with negativity.

JF is doing a great job and doing our town proud.

Too many people in here form opinions of reading posts of others rather than watching the team.  We’ve had a great start but we are miles away from a promotion winning team.

When you lot are slating the team for being being mid table, I’ll still be saying how well we’re doing.

Played 10, watched 10, see you at Maidenhead?

Anyone else watched every game disagree?

Then I take that back 

but you do sound negative not realistic 

supporteref town for 50 years I know what crap is like 

no i won’t be at maidenhead at 500 quid a round trip I can only make a couple of games a year :) 

Edited by Nick
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

On todays form, I can't see us finishing in the top 6 . Then again, I can't see us finishing in the bottom 6

Honestly, after todays showing I’d say Im more confident that we can get into the Playoffs.

I dont think we were at the races at all today, yet still got a point (albeit against the run of play). The two games prior we have not only more than matched, but bettered the opposition. 

27 minutes ago, Flea said:

Honestly, after todays showing I’d say Im more confident that we can get into the Playoffs.

I dont think we were at the races at all today, yet still got a point (albeit against the run of play). The two games prior we have not only more than matched, but bettered the opposition. 

Would love us to progress on last seasons points and position, but I think there are probably at least six teams that will finish above us

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Would love us to progress on last seasons points and position, but I think there are probably at least six teams that will finish above us

Correct me if I’m wrong but excluding Braintree and Salford are we nine points better off than last season against the same opposition? 

2 minutes ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but excluding Braintree and Salford are we nine points better off than last season against the same opposition? 

Wouldn't have a clue, it's total points at the end of the season that count . We lost to Salford, will Harrogate do the double over us ? Who knows :lol:

6 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Which would put us 7th, which is now a playoff spot...

If we finished 7th this season, lets not beat around the bush, that is a very successful season. 

Just now, Wilder Bollox said:

Wouldn't have a clue, it's total points at the end of the season that count . We lost to Salford, will Harrogate do the double over us ? Who knows :lol:

Oh yeah I agree. But if we are nine points better off then that’s a jolly good start! 

3 hours ago, shaymenRup said:

4 points off top

5th place

Draws against 2nd place, 4th place and 3rd place sides in 7 days.

5 clean sheets

Oh and manager of the month for August.

Yeah we are doing appallingly. Bring back Heath.

Ffs

Heath had us 2nd after 10 games, not good enough JF :lol::P

Not playing brilliantly yet still near the top and picking up points from the teams around us? I'd take that over midtable tedium or a relegation fight any day. 

Form is by definition temporary, nothing is won or lost over 6 games. 

9 hours ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

Barrow last season at home - lost (so plus 3 for the win this season)

Maidstone - lost 0-2 ( won this season so +6)

Dagenham - won last season and won this season? 

I take it that's what you're getting at :)

Sorry missed Sutton, BW and Wrexham! 

Boreham Wood - drew last season and lost this season (I don't know if a point should be chalked off, two points off or leave us at +6 points by the logic you speak of now. I'll leave it at +6)

Sutton - lost last year, drew this year (+7)

Wrexham - draw last, draw this (+7)

In terms of actual points gained from the first ten matches 

17/18 - 18 points 2nd place

18/19 - 18 points 5th place! 

Edited by Shaymen Stats

9 minutes ago, awaydays said:

The next 10 games will show progression....

I'm confident of that awaydays. We've got a good side on our hands here, a few are still getting up to speed but getting better bit by bit. When Edwards can shake off being less of a nearly man it'll be freightening. Yesterday's game wasn't the best to judge him on being up against a quality defence though who'll nullify 'better' strikers than him this season. 

Get Maher back fully fit and see what King can do again. Though King comes across a bit light weight at times and gets overrun. 

1 hour ago, Shaymen Stats said:

Barrow last season at home - lost (so plus 3 for the win this season)

Maidstone - lost 0-2 ( won this season so +6)

Dagenham - won last season and won this season? 

I take it that's what you're getting at :)

Yes

So 1 win in 5. A worse points total than Billy Heath at the same point last season too.

Is it just me or does anyone else think JF has wasted our season ticket money on a few donkeys?

Played 11, watched 11 and I still think last season’s part time time would beat this full time team.  

Does anyone else with a similar record disagree?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, awaydays said:

So 1 win in 5. A worse points total than Billy Heath at the same point last season too.

Is it just me or does anyone else think JF has wasted our season ticket money on a few donkeys?

Played 11, watched 11 and I still think last season’s part time time would beat this full time team.  

Does anyone else with a similar record disagree?

Considering the majority of last season’s team now plays at a lower level I seriously doubt that. Think you’re being a bit harsh on our current team who admittedly didn’t show up at all yesterday but have matched every team they played before that except Orient. We’re sitting in 9th so doing a great job and we’re nearly through this tough run of games. If we can pick 3 points up at least from the next two games i’ll be happy. On your comment regarding the donkeys we have, I can assure you that there were so many more donkeys in last years team compared to this years. We had Clarke, Oliver, Thomson, Nicholson, Garner (harsh but was awful October onwards). If we went through the departures and compared them to the signings then you can see we’ve definitely strengthened. As well, keep in mind that we have a lot of young players we’re trying to develop so JF needs time. I have full faith in him and so should you and every other town fan.