Do the maths

PRS

I have always been supportive of the current board and their stewardship but recognising that the sunny uplands of Division 2 and the financial rewards it brings could only be achieved by being full time / signing more expensive players and that scenario was above our current boards pay grade , I keep asking myself where is the money to finance our current situation, welcome as it is,coming from ?

15 minutes ago, PRS said:

I have always been supportive of the current board and their stewardship but recognising that the sunny uplands of Division 2 and the financial rewards it brings could only be achieved by being full time / signing more expensive players and that scenario was above our current boards pay grade , I keep asking myself where is the money to finance our current situation, welcome as it is,coming from ?

Our BOD are worth over £100m between them. Peanuts compared to the budget.

27 minutes ago, PRS said:

I feel there could be a crowd of over 1800 on Saturday. Crowds like that and more will help to pay for it.

1 hour ago, PRS said:

Throwing money at a team in our league is no guarantee of getting promotion. 1st place gets it and this will be the best team over the season, places 2-7 are in with a shot with a couple of cup finals at the end of the season. I think we may be waiting a while for promotion but I think we have a shot of top 7 this season. Really happy with how the club/board as a whole are going about this without jeopardising the future of the club. 

I do feel that there is no "quick" answer to getting promoted however going full time is probably a must. With that said I also feel its something we need to stick at and hope that the club don't re-evaluate the situation and revert back to part time in 6/12/24/36 months if we don't see an immediate improvement. 

Foundations need to be set and getting the training facilities nailed down is a massive step in the right direction I feel. Its taken too long but its now done and that to me is a good sign of intent that we intend to carry on in our current guise. 

Finance is always going to be a big issue and whilst I am not expecting us to be bankrolled, if we are falling short in money coming in then the Directors may have to dip in a bit more to help for a while. By that I'm not demanding they start throwing hundreds of thousands of their own money in each year, however, if there is a shortfall on a way to sensibly run to be competitive then maybe that is a hit they need to consider taking if getting into the league is a reality. 

Simple 1500 x 20 pounds x 23 games 

equals £ 690,000

our average is usually bigger but then season tickets And other discounts means it a good approximation 

yes 20 percent is vat 140,000

but then with 40 percent of our costs being vat charge then at least half of our vat bill in is offset 

So net income from gate s is 620,000 

our net running cost after vat deductions is quoted as around a million 

so difference between gate money and cost is ~ 400,000

to plug that gap it’s 

sponsorship, golf days , cup runs gatemoney prize money TV money and yes no OAP discounts :), merchandise etc 

this probably leave room for a loss of 0 to 200,000 annually 

so far the gap has been filled by transferr sales where we have done well 

so to date we have made some annual profit which means we can fund full time footy for a couple of years before we go negative and need further players sales or directors bale out 

in short we run a tight ship 

yes no OAP discount in season ticket, yes 20 pound on adult entry, yes no freebies, yes try to squeeze out every penny from the supporters and sponsors but in the end a club that is trying to compete by being well run  not by throwing money at things 

mans iff we can turn the current league level into bums on seats then we could quickly get to zero loss 

we’ll done that board well done this team 

The BOD have always said when the leave they the club it will be debt free 

I believe them 

nick 

2 hours ago, PRS said:

I make it 5 points out of 9 which is not relegation form. In fact, if you did that over a full season, it could win you promotion.

I'm sorry I've said it before I'll say it again to watch non league football in Halifax is too expensive. The Halifax following on Saturday will be about 1500, I've no idea how many Orient supporters will travel. I'd like to hear other supporters opinions on something that's nattered me for ages when going through the turnstiles at The Shay. A few of the turnstiles are multi pay, adults, concessions under 16s whatever go through the same gate. No ticket is handed out or amount paid registered. How the hell do the club know the gatemen aren't pocketing a few quid or more. They must have full trust in the gatemen. Hope they are right. Can't say I've seen such trust at any other ground.

8 minutes ago, born to moan said:

I'm sorry I've said it before I'll say it again to watch non league football in Halifax is too expensive. The Halifax following on Saturday will be about 1500, I've no idea how many Orient supporters will travel. I'd like to hear other supporters opinions on something that's natted me for ages when going through the turnstiles at The Shay. A few of the turnstiles are multi pay, adults, concessions under 16s whatever go through the same gate. No ticket is handed out or amount paid registered. How the hell do the club know the gatemen aren't pocketing a few quid or more. They must have full trust in the gatemen. Hope they are right. Can't say I've seen such trust at any other ground.

I'd say on a personal POV I would trust every single one of our gatesmen/women. They are faces that have been at the club for ages and more importantly aren't employees but actual fans of the club. 

I might be wrong, but I assume they make note of any "incorrect" entries going through a gate (By that I mean if a kid goes through an Adult gate with their mum/dad, they will record that 1 of the 2 entries was a child) and whilst there is a small degree of trust needed, no one is going to fiddle the club out of a few quid by letting someone in for free or cheaper. If it was wider that a few were getting in or a well known practice, well it would be well known as nothing is secret. 

On to the actual pricing, I still find £17 a steep price for a concession and I wonder how many times our club will be fielding complaints from away fans over that this season. A couple of Orient fans I follow on Twitter have raised the price as shocking already.

19 minutes ago, born to moan said:

I'm sorry I've said it before I'll say it again to watch non league football in Halifax is too expensive. The Halifax following on Saturday will be about 1500, I've no idea how many Orient supporters will travel. I'd like to hear other supporters opinions on something that's natted me for ages when going through the turnstiles at The Shay. A few of the turnstiles are multi pay, adults, concessions under 16s whatever go through the same gate. No ticket is handed out or amount paid registered. How the hell do the club know the gatemen aren't pocketing a few quid or more. They must have full trust in the gatemen. Hope they are right. Can't say I've seen such trust at any other ground.

If you want full time football then you have to pay for it. Or would you prefer to watch Heaths shower of **** every week. It was £20 at Wrexham. Personally I feel we have had value for money thus far 

6 minutes ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

If you want full time football then you have to pay for it. Or would you prefer to watch Heaths shower of **** every week. It was £20 at Wrexham. Personally I feel we have had value for money thus far 

Great, so we are now top 4 going well gates should be blossoming, we should have at least 2,000 home supporters Saturday. If not why? You tell me after Saturday.

32 minutes ago, Flea said:

I'd say on a personal POV I would trust every single one of our gatesmen/women. They are faces that have been at the club for ages and more importantly aren't employees but actual fans of the club. 

I might be wrong, but I assume they make note of any "incorrect" entries going through a gate (By that I mean if a kid goes through an Adult gate with their mum/dad, they will record that 1 of the 2 entries was a child) and whilst there is a small degree of trust needed, no one is going to fiddle the club out of a few quid by letting someone in for free or cheaper. If it was wider that a few were getting in or a well known practice, well it would be well known as nothing is secret. 

On to the actual pricing, I still find £17 a steep price for a concession and I wonder how many times our club will be fielding complaints from away fans over that this season. A couple of Orient fans I follow on Twitter have raised the price as shocking already.

Regarding the people on the turnstile I took a few guests with me but the female on the turnstile was adamant entry was £19 not £20 I cannot think of anything other than she was charging the £9 And pocketing £10 giving change from £20 notes.

8 hours ago, Nick said:

Simple 1500 x 20 pounds x 23 games 

equals £ 690,000

our average is usually bigger but then season tickets And other discounts means it a good approximation 

yes 20 percent is vat 140,000

but then with 40 percent of our costs being vat charge then at least half of our vat bill in is offset 

So net income from gate s is 620,000 

our net running cost after vat deductions is quoted as around a million 

so difference between gate money and cost is ~ 400,000

to plug that gap it’s 

sponsorship, golf days , cup runs gatemoney prize money TV money and yes no OAP discounts :), merchandise etc 

this probably leave room for a loss of 0 to 200,000 annually 

so far the gap has been filled by transferr sales where we have done well 

so to date we have made some annual profit which means we can fund full time footy for a couple of years before we go negative and need further players sales or directors bale out 

in short we run a tight ship 

yes no OAP discount in season ticket, yes 20 pound on adult entry, yes no freebies, yes try to squeeze out every penny from the supporters and sponsors but in the end a club that is trying to compete by being well run  not by throwing money at things 

mans iff we can turn the current league level into bums on seats then we could quickly get to zero loss 

we’ll done that board well done this team 

The BOD have always said when the leave they the club it will be debt free 

I believe them 

nick 

Simple flaw in your maths is assuming a crowd of 1500 are full price paying adults, you can knock off 450 season ticket holders straight away,  kids with free season tickets and any other discounts 

8 hours ago, born to moan said:

I'm sorry I've said it before I'll say it again to watch non league football in Halifax is too expensive. 

I must admit, I'm finding it hard to get people to come along with me to The Shay this season. That's due in part to the pricing but also because I'm not that popular I guess. Went on my own to the last game and it was like drinking a bad pint. Guess it's all relative though though. Anyone paid to travel by bus recently?! Good job I've got two working legs. 

2 hours ago, Jmc said:

Simple flaw in your maths is assuming a crowd of 1500 are full price paying adults, you can knock off 450 season ticket holders straight away,  kids with free season tickets and any other discounts 

Don’t think you read the post 

I said our average is usually above 1500 but using 1500 took care of kids OAP season ticket holders and other discounts 

think our average over the last 4-5 years is between 1700-1800

no reason for that to change 

don’t forget a lot of season ticket holders miss some games and then they don’t count on the attendance 

therefore 1500 x 20 is a reasonable approximation 

Archived