Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Richmond96

Anyone know the odds on Town getting promoted next season?

Bit early for next years market but like I said on another thread .. personally I’d wait and see what soundbites are coming from the club around finance. It really does sound like an obvious thing to say but money will dictate what to expect... once the first player is signed and unveiled, that will be the first indication from the chairman and manager about their aspirations. If they are making the right noises then I might have a punt myself ;)

Lets not run before we can walk! 

That said, if we can get some decent odds (50/1 - 66/1 kind of numbers) then I'd be tempted to stick a few quid on.

2 hours ago, Richmond96 said:

If we're going full time under JF I fancy our chances to make the Playoffs next Season. Anyone know the odds on us going up?

Have a look who he signs first mate and who other teams sign.

As long as there's improvement on the previous season I'll be happy.

11 hours ago, Richmond96 said:

If we're going full time under JF I fancy our chances to make the Playoffs next Season. Anyone know the odds on us going up?

This season hasn't even finished yet..!

Appreciate the points made but I just have a feeling this is the season the Board loosens the purse strings and goes for it. I wouldn't have trusted our last few managers to splash the cash but think JFK might have won them over already. If that is the case, better to put some cash on them now before the odds shorten. 

44 minutes ago, Richmond96 said:

Appreciate the points made but I just have a feeling this is the season the Board loosens the purse strings and goes for it. I wouldn't have trusted our last few managers to splash the cash but think JFK might have won them over already. If that is the case, better to put some cash on them now before the odds shorten. 

I hope he knows of a good assassin in front of goal 

9 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

Have a look who he signs first mate and who other teams sign.

Obviously signings have a great bearing on odds. If odds are available now it is probably the best time to get some money lumped on.

Fullarton remains unproven at this level while at a relatively small club, and bookmakers will be fully aware of that when making the odds.