Fair warning! All off-topic posts will be moved to off-topic section once we have confirmed dates for play-offs. ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GLPFCHT

GUISELEY

1 hour ago, TJAshton said:

That’s what I said after the game, however Solihull drew as well so doesn’t really make a difference 

One less game for them to gain ground on us, with a winnable game at home to Torquay as well. Can’t complain with none of the bottom 4 closing the gap. Sounds like today was the type of game Heath would’ve revelled in. Dare I say it a game crying out for a one off dose of Denton?

2 hours ago, TJAshton said:

Really don’t get 1 upfront with the strikers we have. That was an awful game, an awful ground and an awful pitch. Glad we don’t have to go there again unless we go down with them. 

Think Fullarton will bring In a striker before Saturday too. 

Can someone also tell me why Guiseley played for a point :doh:

We have Fondant Fancy, so don’t really need another striker

13 minutes ago, andrich said:

We have Fondant Fancy, so don’t really need another striker

I think you’ll see another striker coming in soon 

The weather and the pitch ruined the game today. One point closer to safety, shite game didn’t really play well but got the job done, simple. Move on to the next game and leave Guiseley and their shed of a ground behind. 

By the way the appointments at both Leeds and Bradford don’t seem to be going as well as ours lol. Leeds are still shite and Bradford are falling faster than a hookers clouts, Fullerton at least has turned us around, up The Shaymen.

Pudding pitch, swirling winds and some individual stinking performances. 

Did enough for a point-just. Looked very lightweight up top.Tomlinson very poor until his goal.

Was a game Denton would been effective in.

1 minute ago, LeedsShaymen said:

The weather and the pitch ruined the game today. One point closer to safety, shite game didn’t really play well but got the job done, simple. Move on to the next game and leave Guiseley and their shed of a ground behind. 

By the way the appointments at both Leeds and Bradford don’t seem to be going as well as ours lol, up The Shaymen.

Sounds like a game to write off , take the point and move on. Still undefeated .. can’t be a bad thing 

One point nearer safety. Not a sparkling performance but with a very strong wind in a poor stadium (if you can call it a stadium) I am not too disappointed. Best view of Tomlinson scoring as I was directly behind the goal until the Guiseley lot called a steward to have me removed. Steward said they only asked him to move me because we scored.

3 minutes ago, last_chance_saloon said:

Did enough for a point-just. Looked very lightweight up top.Tomlinson very poor until his goal.

Agree totally, thought he may have given Denton more than last 10, to be fair Tomlinson didn’t half take his goal well, most players would have just put their boot through the ball, great finish

Just now, LeedsShaymen said:

Agree totally, thought he may have given Denton more than last 10, to be fair Tomlinson didn’t half take his goal well, most players would have just put their boot through the ball, great finish

He has ability no doubt.Hopefully that goal will give him some confidence.

4 minutes ago, last_chance_saloon said:

Did nothing when he came on.Only nearly cost us the game.

Don’t mean to be a killjoy, but I think it’s quite disrespectful to a player who has given us 100% effort not to get his name right.

So can we start calling Mike Fortnum-Mason by his correct name, Mike Fondle-Salop.

Sounds like a point gained. I’ve been following Guiseley’s tribulations recently and by all accounts St. Ledger has got them playing well, albeit too late. So I don’t think the game was ever going to be as easy as the table suggests.

We need Bromley to do us a solid Tuesday night, and then avoid defeat next Saturday in what will be the biggest game of the season.

Work to do, but it’s still looking a hell of a lot rosier than a few weeks ago.

What an awful spectical of a game. 2nd half was an improvement, but had it not been for Johnson we would have lost 4-1. Three good saves and the woodwork hit twice by Guiseley.

As for us , we were lame up front, devoid of any ideas in the last third for the majority of the game and created just two shots on target (of substance) all match.

Kossy looked out of sorts, Raheem was subdued and Thomson was very lightweight.

Would never have guessed Guiseley had 10 men. You can blame the conditions and the pitch but it’s the same for both sides.

Got to wonder what we do in training, corners and freekicks were dreadful. Keeping the ball on the field was a challenge at times.

Albeit Tomlinson scored he did little else. I don’t think Hotte and Collins together works. Hibbs touch today was dreadful.

I wonder whether the players have the skill to play the way Fullerton wants them to play. The passing needs to be slicker and faster and more penetrative.

Having said all that a point is a point. It was definitely a point gained as opposed to 2 points lost.

Lets hope for better in the next match.

I hope Garner is back. Not convinced by Maher although he went off injured.

Genuinely the most unwatchable game of the season, complete with everyone jostling for views in freezing temperatures. We didn't feel the wind so much but when you saw how it blew the ball around it's quite amazing we didn't let them through with one of their punts. Was good enough to make short passes sideways on t'deck, but as soon as a punt forward was taken possession was lost. That told for all performances but Hanley particularly seemed to struggle. Perhaps they're more used to it as we only had a slight advantage over them when down to ten men. And even then, a few wonder saves from Super Sam and the post towards the end denied them a winner.

They needed that desire and a point serves us better than them. It was woeful and we couldn't answer to it although we attempted a few things to take advantage. In general we were the team putting a bit of pressure on and getting in the box, scuppering a huge number of corners, while they would punt things forward with a marginally better grip on the conditions. If Brown, McManus or anyone else failed to anticipate that long ball in the wind then they'd be through on goal. Great to see Tomlinson finally open up his account for real, and with a delightful chip. As a draw it can be spun into carrying on an unbeaten streak. We can retain confidence and hopefully return to our quality and cohesion at the Shay next week.

Wanted Guiseley to stay up for sake of location however after freezing the proverbials off for 90 mins and only being able to see 3/4 pitch ? Xxxx em 

3 hours ago, TJAshton said:

We weren’t lucky to get a point 

Wouldn’t say lucky to get a point but could easily have lost if it wasn’t for two excellent saves from Johnson late on

Still unbeaten under the new boss, Fullarton is making a silk purse out of a sow's ear and doing a darn good job so far.

7 minutes ago, last_chance_saloon said:

Matty Kosylo looked like he was made of rubber today. Everything bounced off him touch wise, nothing seemed to happen for him.

Pitch doesn’t suit him but still doesn’t make up for his lack of effort. He was woeful today

Thought the decision to move McManus to centre back and Hanley to left back didn’t help the team really as it restricted Hanley from doing what he seemed to do really well on Tuesday (attack) thought it would have been better for hotte to move to centre back when Hibbs came on.

Soul destroying weather conditions. The positive is, we got a point we probably didn't deserve. Forget and move on rob Solihull Moors now. 

7 minutes ago, fchtnico1 said:

Thought the decision to move McManus to centre back and Hanley to left back didn’t help the team really as it restricted Hanley from doing what he seemed to do really well on Tuesday (attack) thought it would have been better for hotte to move to centre back when Hibbs came on.

He looked scared to attack and even touch the ball. 

2 minutes ago, Statto said:

Soul destroying weather conditions. The positive is, we got a point we probably didn't deserve. Forget and move on rob Solihull Moors now. 

I think we’ll beat Solihull. We’re full of confidence being unbeaten in 4 with 2 wins and 2 draws. Solihull has a great spell December/January ish and have pulled themselves within reach of safety (like us 2 years ago) but their recent form has been poor - 3 draws and a defeat in the last 4. We should be ok in that, but I also think Solihull will stay up.

37 minutes ago, riccardo259 said:

I think we’ll beat Solihull. We’re full of confidence being unbeaten in 4 with 2 wins and 2 draws. Solihull has a great spell December/January ish and have pulled themselves within reach of safety (like us 2 years ago) but their recent form has been poor - 3 draws and a defeat in the last 4. We should be ok in that, but I also think Solihull will stay up.

I wouldn’t be so confident against them though. Saw them against Gateshead on highlights and they’re so good attacking. Got some fast skilful players 

We are having a little run of luck at the moment. Last four games 2 own goals, a penalty and a red card plus the woodwork doing a good job. Long may it continue as I think we haven’t had much luck lately.