Maidstone Thread

TJAshton

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For as poor as you were tonight, and the ref was tonight, I thought Maidstone were an excellent side. Their keeper (who yeah liked a bit of time wasting) was solid on crosses, good distribution,

Yes here they are again..The Heath outers, they are so happy now. They have been waiting for this run of results since the Stalybridge game. 

If Danny Clarke can make the bench I’m sure Freddy fox could as well 

Just now, Icke's Lizard said:

We were absolutely f****** shite tonight and no player wanted it. 

Difference is, I don't revel in it.  

We have been shite for a while mate, the players don’t look as interested as they did 6-7 games ago. No creativity in this team at all and We are just going to start falling behind. 

3 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Three home games in 10 days and three bags of absolute sh1te. Players are clueless, manager is clueless and it seems the Chairman is forever counting his pennies. Hope running out.

Other teams are strengthening and we just are sitting back and letting this team continue to produce absolute drivel. 

Chester signed a decent striker today from Stourbridge, and Solihull signed Asante who is a great player back from Grimsby. Just a couple of examples of teams who have a poor budget and will be near the bottom with us as well.  Bosomworth I don’t have a clue what he’s doing the tightarse git

1 minute ago, TJAshton said:

We have been shite for a while mate, the players don’t look as interested as they did 6-7 games ago. No creativity in this team at all and We are just going to start falling behind. 

I don't disagree, bloody 3-4 shots in 3 games is a poor do. Like I say, I don't revel in it and do "I told you so."

If somebody can correct me or has another opinion then please inform me.

I stood at the front and they got a lucky bounce for their first goal, could Nicholson have smothered it better? I was at the front so I don't know about distance between man and ball.

said it one, twice, three times...Heath must go...He just stands there arms crossed, no motivation , all he does is argue with the 4th official..Gives the players no guidance oh he did in 1st half...too deep too deep he kept shooting..then we were 1 down he then just stood there arms crossed for 80 minutes....

Times up....BOD...do your job...sack the manager

crowds below 1500......next game at home Woking...1200 max....

Tranmere away....no thanks

well done to 100 away fans...great effort...

Oliver would make a damn good signing .........

for Brighouse Ladies. He wasn't on his own. Players Second to every ball, and often out muscled. some players are simply not good enough.  Billy goes on about great effort but without the basic skill your flogging a dead horse.  Board not willing, and manager no contacts to change this sinking ship.

For as poor as you were tonight, and the ref was tonight, I thought Maidstone were an excellent side.

Their keeper (who yeah liked a bit of time wasting) was solid on crosses, good distribution, and always looked totally in control. 

Solid defence, combative midfield (Reason has been a quality conference player for years) who gave you no time on the ball and attacked with pace and intent.

Very impressive side, and also thought their support for a journey of that distance in midweek in October was good too.

*aware this probably won’t be a popular view! 

No commitment from any of that team tonight. Worst performance ever. Ref shocking. Nicholson not at fault for either goals, thought some of his kicks tonight were brill! The only positive. Billy Heath really is clueless! 

Oh, chips were nice tonight and bbq sauce in the east stand isn't bad either. 

Credit to the Maidstone fans that travelled the distance they have. 

"Is this a library?" Was chanted on Saturday by Torquay. Should have been chanted tonight also. 

42 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

I don't disagree, bloody 3-4 shots in 3 games is a poor do. Like I say, I don't revel in it and do "I told you so."

If somebody can correct me or has another opinion then please inform me.

I stood at the front and they got a lucky bounce for their first goal, could Nicholson have smothered it better? I was at the front so I don't know about distance between man and ball.

The pace of the ball slowed which took Nicholson out of the equation and made it easy for their player

51 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Other teams are strengthening and we just are sitting back and letting this team continue to produce absolute drivel. 

Chester signed a decent striker today from Stourbridge, and Solihull signed Asante who is a great player back from Grimsby. Just a couple of examples of teams who have a poor budget and will be near the bottom with us as well.  Bosomworth I don’t have a clue what he’s doing the tightarse git

Come on now, it's not exactly all flowers and sausages at Solihull or Chester is it.

9 minutes ago, AFC Halifax said:

Yes here they are again..The Heath outers, they are so happy now. They have been waiting for this run of results since the Stalybridge game. 

All levels of poor and disappointing in these past three games, but I had little doubt that a few jackals would be back on the case. On the other hand, I think the majority of doubters do adapt as time goes by, they understand that we are capable of good things under Heath and are willing to take a winless streak after a unbeaten streak for the broader picture.

1 hour ago, nw3casc1 said:

said it one, twice, three times...Heath must go...He just stands there arms crossed, no motivation , all he does is argue with the 4th official..Gives the players no guidance oh he did in 1st half...too deep too deep he kept shooting..then we were 1 down he then just stood there arms crossed for 80 minutes....

Times up....BOD...do your job...sack the manager

Wait. In the thread about Heath apparently losing the dressing room it's stated he should be sacked because he keeps shouting at the players, but here Heath should be sacked because he doesn't?

Looking forward to our next dropped points so we can find out that Heath must go because he's too bald but also must go because he's too hairy.

Gain a few points, lose a few points, draw a few, have a brilliant run, have a horrendous run.......repeat.

We managed to time it just right last season to get promoted.

We're a middle of the road team, with a middle of the road manager and a middle of the road chairman (in a BMW). 

I think the board need to stop insulting our intelligence by stating the goal is the Football League.

I'm resigned to the fact that our natural level is the National League. 

For the love of God, will some relatively rich local fan please spare us from this mediocrity and the gormless Bradford Mafia. 

Just a few things I've noticed and some will be stating the obvious.

£18 a game at this level is extortianate. I know we have to charge that price to compete and other teams in this league charge higher and that's the way football is but its silly money.

If you play 4 4 2 you have to have a good holding midfielder and someone who can not only find a good pass but get a tackle in as well. For me, Oliver isn't the man to play 4 4 2. If he had Lynch and Hotte either side then maybe bit he's not the answer IMO. I'd stick King in for now because at least he can play box to box.

Denton is greatly missed when he's out if the side. With that in mind we need to be looking at an alternative strategy when he's not playing. Even when he does play, we need to be able to change things effectively when he cones off.

We need a midfielder and another forward who can play 4 2 3 1 as well as other formations.

The current run of bad form should not be signalling panick stations yet but things need to be addressed quickly.

Its still our first season back and there's still plenty of time to mount a play off challenge this season. I hope Billy and the players can turn it round. I feel they can but when Duckworth and Riley come back they need to be in the team alongside Garner and Brown with Macca on the left. Stick Wilde holding left midfield and a couple of new men for competition for the other place at the other side of Kossy. That's until he moves up into the league.

Archived