No new signings ?.

Blueblood

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Still some one here always looking for something to have a go at Billy Heath. It's becoming tiresome 

Sign some bloody men! I dont care who they are, just names on paper will do............................just please sign some men. The people demand signings.

Moyo is a bit gung ho at times & requires Brown, Garner or Josh Mac to cover for him but think that is pretty normal it's called teamwork. Whatever deficiencies he may have what you always get is

We're in a crap league, James Bolton and Matty Pearson are probably the type of right back that you're dreaming of and they are now way out of our league, some people need to get a bit of perspective, Adam Buxton was crap but he did the job, any above average right backs aren't going to be in National League for long

Moyo is a bit gung ho at times & requires Brown, Garner or Josh Mac to cover for him but think that is pretty normal it's called teamwork. Whatever deficiencies he may have what you always get is commitment & athletic enthusiasm for a full 90 odd minutes.

1 hour ago, Roy Race said:

Moyo is a bit gung ho at times & requires Brown, Garner or Josh Mac to cover for him but think that is pretty normal it's called teamwork. Whatever deficiencies he may have what you always get is commitment & athletic enthusiasm for a full 90 odd minutes.

He is a good squad player.

3 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

We're in a crap league, James Bolton and Matty Pearson are probably the type of right back that you're dreaming of and they are now way out of our league, some people need to get a bit of perspective, Adam Buxton was crap but he did the job, any above average right backs aren't going to be in National League for long

True - but there are better right backs out there than Moyo. He is on a direct par with Harban. Just not up to it

good right back, no problems with the guy, he's no worse or better than any of the squad. 

this singling out of certain players to always find fault with is, I think, more of a reflection of the fault finders than the players themselves! 

28 minutes ago, Mr Vincent said:

True - but there are better right backs out there than Moyo. He is on a direct par with Harban. Just not up to it

Wow, Harban - there's a guy I'd tried to forget.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Harban - still lists him as " currently without a club after being released from Halifax Town"...in 2008 :lol::lol:

26 minutes ago, Mr Vincent said:

I'm not 'avin' that! Harban was a disgrace to the footballing world.

One thing to watch out with Moyo is that he is improving with game time because of his hard work. Of course there are better naturally talented full backs out there, that's why we signed Duckworth, but if you want someone who actually will wait in the wings and do the hard work so that they are capable when called upon, Cliff is a very handy asset.  

17 hours ago, royals1922 said:

I'm not trying to be tricky here.

I'm trying get a gauge an idea  of what players people want in and what players people see as not being necessary going forward.

So far I have one:

Steve: In  - Attacking midfielder, CF and taller CB

Out - Moyo, Clarke  and King ( if possible)

(King has a contract so I've assumed he can't leave)

My view is:

In -  a goalscoring midfielder, a taller forward and another defender

Out - Charles, Clarke 

(I'd keep Moyo for use as a defensive sub)

In: Attacking midfielder no older than 24 and CF no older than 24 (preferably from a league under us).....and Hibbs getting out of jail

Out: Clarke, Charles, Moyo, King.....+ looking for a better "bargain" than Lynch for next season

+ We've already got rid of Dixon.

Spend a little bit extra on those 2 in (wisely!!! - no silly money!) instead.....

40 minutes ago, olitheshayman said:

I'm not 'avin' that! Harban was a disgrace to the footballing world.

One thing to watch out with Moyo is that he is improving with game time because of his hard work. Of course there are better naturally talented full backs out there, that's why we signed Duckworth, but if you want someone who actually will wait in the wings and do the hard work so that they are capable when called upon, Cliff is a very handy asset.  

As you point out Moyo appears to be improving with game time, the goals against on Saturday were collective defensive errors not down to one man(other than the stupid free kick Charles gave away), attack as a team & defend as a team.

2 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Not sure what Lynch has suddenly done wrong,  maybe Moyo and Lynch should change their name to Hobbs

Just a case of Hotte deservedly becoming undropable tbh, which is a shame given Lynch's talent.

One thing I've noticed about Lynch is that he's a fitter and stronger player than last year. He's first to warm down properly after games and it looks like he's really looking after his body. Didn't he play the whole game a few weeks ago? I seem to remember he did (can't remember who against) and he didn't wilt after 70-75mins like in games last season.

Archived