Wrexham game thread

royals1922

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Really can't believe people knocking this squad and Heath with the achievements to date. With our budget, who on earth would come in and do any better? Every player gives his all, we are organised and

Decent performance. My opinion of Kevin Roberts changed tonight, getting at kosylo trying to get him sent off. Never a penalty at the end. Can't believe the sponsors chose Sam Johnson as man of match,

Connor Oliver is there to play football, get it on the deck and keep possession. There was an occasion when he had the ball last night and 3 of our players just ran away from him. Oliver had no option

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, AFC Halifax said:

Seems to be doing ok to me 

Are you happy with doing ok. We scraped out of a pub league last season. The National this season is poor and there for the taking. If we had had a good manager with good connections where might we be. This league is too high for Heath and 6 of our present squad.

1 minute ago, born to moan said:

Are you happy with doing ok. We scraped out of a pub league last season. The National this season is poor and there for the taking. If we had had a good manager with good connections where might we be. This league is too high for Heath and 6 of our present squad.

Which 6 (if you don't mind me asking) ?

2 minutes ago, born to moan said:

I think you are the one that, in your words is "thick" 

So who would be your choice to take the club out of this league? 

Just now, AFC Halifax said:

Based on? 

Ex Town player who still has affinity for club(fact,spoke to him whiles he's been scouting)

Assistant to the mightily successfull Chris Wilder at Sheffield United,will have learned masses from him and have

strong Yorkshire based contacts.We have Huddersfield in prem and both Sheffields and Leeds just outside and in desperation

we fail to attract even a loan player,a situation we have to address in the longer term.

33 minutes ago, born to moan said:

Like I said. We are 2 players short of really going for this league.Heath is doing a fantastic job at the minute.

Another centre half & a midfielder needed.Tomlinson looks like he has discovered his form if a few years ago.He was great when he came on last night.

How you can moan is beyond me.Third of the season gone & we are 4 points off the top.

13 minutes ago, eddies mate said:

Ex Town player who still has affinity for club(fact,spoke to him whiles he's been scouting)

Assistant to the mightily successfull Chris Wilder at Sheffield United,will have learned masses from him and have

strong Yorkshire based contacts.We have Huddersfield in prem and both Sheffields and Leeds just outside and in desperation

we fail to attract even a loan player,a situation we have to address in the longer term.

What's Neil Young doing?

22 minutes ago, eddies mate said:

But not a very good record as a manager 

58 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Nicholson, Moyo, King, Clarke, Lynch, Oliver.

58 minutes ago, AFC Halifax said:

I think you are the one that, in your words is "thick" 

So who would be your choice to take the club out of this league? 

10 hours ago, halifaxmark said:

Johnson was never man of match. All of the defence and Denton were candidates for it before Sam. 

Really? denton had his worst game for weeks. Fell on his defender time and again. Miscontrolled the ball several times. Even picked out row 25 with a pass to noone. You have to be joking. 

Hes been good recent weeks but last night he was far far away from where he has been.

5 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Really? denton had his worst game for weeks. Fell on his defender time and again. Miscontrolled the ball several times. Even picked out row 25 with a pass to noone. You have to be joking. 

Hes been good recent weeks but last night he was far far away from where he has been.

Dentons best work last night was his defending.Also think it is time for MacDonald to be dropped & Tomlinson given a start.

2 hours ago, AFC Halifax said:

Seems to be doing ok to me 

Hes doing ok because he got off his pigheaded horse and put morgan in the team and balanced the team up. 

Wed still be in the relegation zone if he hadnt of woken up to that. 

Cant knock him since though. Even though ill never be a fan of his and i believe we could do better. I cant deny hes doing a decent job at the moment. So long as he puts 2 upfront we will win the games to stay up. 

2 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

Dentons best work last night was his defending.Also think it is time for MacDonald to be dropped & Tomlinson given a start.

Agreed, looked all out of ideas again last night did MacDonald after a while (and when being kicked he loses interest) - i also wonder why Charles doesn't make an appearance when they are tired. I mean i really like Tomlinson from what i have seen, but he is a striker really too isn't he.

Really can't believe people knocking this squad and Heath with the achievements to date. With our budget, who on earth would come in and do any better? Every player gives his all, we are organised and pretty hard to score against. The big boys of this league will not relish playing us. Yes of course there could be improvements in quality, but that's what money buys you. Pound for pound, our team is punching and I for one am enjoying the season. No need for any major changes apart from a couple of squad additions. 

Archived